Plato's Closet Employee Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

Found 11 reviews matching the search See all 1,273 reviews
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, inJune 13, 2019
Plato's Closet is a really fun and exciting place to work at. I ended up making alot of friends when I worked there. I enjoyed meeting new customers and helping people pick out their next date night outfit.
A great place to Be unique and show who you are
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2017
I loved working here. THe people are so amazing and Nice. IT is a really great place to show who you are. You can wear your personalit on your clothes because there is no uniforms. NO judgement at all!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Customers are terrible to you
very fun place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2016
Plato Closet was my very first job. It was fun environment, especially if you love dressing up and showing your style. You can wear what you want and the management is awesome.
Great Work Place, Great People
Keyholder/Social Media Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2016
My co workers are some of the best people I have met! They are all very welcoming to new comers and make the job super fun! The best part of the job is the discount. You get 25% off of clothes that are sold at an already discounted price.
Average Workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2015
The store was in alright condition. Although it was dirty and trashed a few times. I learned to work registers. Management was less than desirable, so were some of the employees.
Fast-Paced Environment with Multiple Types of Customers
Works as "Keyholder" or Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2015
There really is not a "typical" day at Plato's Closet East.Every day has a different pace, ranging from extremely busy to devastatingly slow. I've learned that customer service is 'king.' Pleasing the customers is the most important part of the position; if they customers are happy, the management and employees are happy. Our manager was in my shift manager position for a couple of years before he became the store manager. I believe that more training could have ensued. For example, our manager may need to work on treating his employees with respect, equality, and communicating effectively to them. My co-workers are the most enjoyable part of my job. I have met some of my closest friends within the past two years and I hope that I will not lose their friendships with a job change. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. Even with my calm demeanor and ready-to-help personality, it is hard trying to deal with customers screaming in my face about us not giving them an accurate price for their items. Even though this part of the job is difficult, there are other aspects of the job that I enjoy such as the close and fast-paced work environment, the other current employees, and the multiple customer service and management- related facts that I have learned.
Pros
Employee Discounts, Other Employees
Cons
Short breaks, Management Difficult to Work With
Fun place to work
Key-holder /Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2014
I loved working for platos closet. The only downfalls were the pay and there's no room for advancement.
Pros
Always stayed busy
Cons
No growth in the company
Platos
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2013
I liked the discounts you got and the friends you make while working there.
its what you make of it.
Training Asst Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2012
Working at Platos Closet can sometimes be very hectic. You will have some days where you are overwhelmingly busy and other days where you are super slow. Its mostly what you make out of it. You can be a team player and get things done or you can be the one who absolutely hates their job. The hardest part about working here would be having to not spend your entire pay check on clothes however, the enjoyable part would be getting everything completely cheaper than retail stores.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
short breaks, slackers
Productive and fun work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2012
Loved working here in high school. It was fun and loving environment and would love to work for the company again.