Plato's Closet Employee Reviews in San Antonio, TX

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 1,273 reviews
Productive but slow
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 14, 2019
I had fun it was more or a retail store. We’d have to hang a certain amount of clothes each day, tag them, and make sure the floor was spotless. We helped customers look for certain things and opened dressing rooms for them.
Pros
Friendly, see new people
Cons
The pay was minimum wage and I couldn’t pay certain things.
Communication and team building needs work
Fashion Stylist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2018
Working at Plato's Closet was fun with customers. Behind the scenes, the "team" was not so cooperative and there's a lot of favoritism between owner and employees. There was abolutley no room for growth and little training. As an employee, it was hard to get any hours as full time and the compensation for work was not adequate to matching the employee's experience.
Very fast past
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2018
I loved working their but if they promised you something they very rarely ever came through with it. SOME of the management was ok and others were not.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Bad staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2018
Improved strengths within self and working with a team. Fast paced with easy accomplished tasks. Team building opportunities for a friendly environment.
joshau ledesma
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2018
working at platos was so fun my sister was manager and gave me my first job it was so much fun and insanely easy i love working there very good for high school students awesome clothes
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 10, 2018
This is a great company that truly lives the work life balance of re energizing its team and definitely is flexible open to those looking to work 2 jobs
Bad workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2018
Poor Management, lack of communication, not lots of chances to move up in the company. Favoritism occurred and made other employees create a hostile work environment.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Unenjoyable work place
Great entry job into the work force
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2018
Plato's offers a fun and steady work environment with great organization and solid system. However, compensation could be improved due to good job performance often leading to additional responsibilities.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
hours may vary
Productive, quick paced and very social workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2018
I would be given a section of the floor and I would keep it clean and help customers with help they needed. I would also run the clothes from the dressing room back onto the floor. I also worked the register dealing with purchases, returns and buys. I learned how to tag clothing, and "wrap" racks when they got too full or gaped. The management was very supportive and encouraging. The overall environment was very welcoming, friendly and attentive to one another. The hardest part was sorting out sections of the store which involved going through each piece of clothing and making sure its in order by size, color, sometimes price, and even seasonal. The most enjoyable part was having store parties for the holidays and special events.
Pros
Discounts and first pick at the items
Cons
Low pay
Fun environment to work in and learn.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2018
I learned about what it takes to maintain a clothing store and what it takes to sell clothes to the business. I learned that fashion doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg. We can shop for great items as employees and customers.
Summary
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Meet great people, different backgrounds. Lots of friends. Learn how to work fast and multitask. Platos Closet made my work ethic what it is today. If i had not worked at Platos closet I would not have learned how to work with different types of people/situations, work past and effecient
Fast-paced and stressful.
Sales Associate and Product Buyer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Fun environment and fast-paced, but can be stressful for student workers. Hours can be late and there could be overnight shifts which are never fun when worrying about homework and projects.
Platos
Buyer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Great place to work at if you're in college. There is a lot of flexibility. Pay it kind of low but it is retail you wont be getting payed a lot. Coworkers I had were friendly
good first job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 13, 2017
platos was a good first Job to work at.
I learned a lot in the small amount I spent there
they are very supportive and It was good time spent there ..
Interesting
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2017
This was my least favorite job. I loved working there at first but then as time went on I was taken advantage of. I was young and had a hard time saying no to someone. I was working to many hours, and was in my first year of college. I enjoyed working in retail, and thought I wanted to move up in the company at one point.
Alot of Customer Service
Sales Associates (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 28, 2014
This job allows to see what fashions are in style, teaches you about the different styles. The work area is lively, but the pay is not great at all. The input is not worth the out put. It is best for younger people not looking for a serious job.
Pros
Fashion adivce
Cons
Terrible hours, unsable mangement
Buyer, sale gently used name brand clothing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2014
Review and sort through items that customers bring in. Everyday we buy and put out new clothing on the floor. Give good customer service. Very clean person. Organize the bins in the storage room. Tag items and put it out on the floor. Manager is okay. But i wish i was getting paid a little more for my hard work. I dont just stand around. I do what i need to do and things get done.
Pros
Work with Fun polite people
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun and easy going enviorment
Key Holder/ Evening Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2014
Great place to work if you love working with clothes and mixing different styles. This job teaches you about buyers and sellers process.
Fun atmosphere, but no structure for the staff.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 3, 2014
There is no work-life balance if you are in management.
I learned that you have to set limits and not be taken advantage of.
Pros
Fun music, fast paced and employee discount.
Cons
No work-life balance. Long hours.
Amazing yet challenging work environment.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2013
My day is scheduled from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., but normally runs from around 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. with no break. That's the way I like it. I do get tired from time to time and either come in at 7 a.m. or leave at 4 p.m., but that's not my norm. I help manage a staff of primarily highschool and college students, which poses ongoing challenges. My staff is dedicated, but there is by the sheer nature of the age, ongoing drama involved. It is a fun challenge to mentor these young people as they grow with our business and learn to balance their school, work, and personal lives. I enjoy helping them obtain and maintain a work ethic that supports our business. We are a retail/resale store that is open for business seven days a week. Customer service must remain #1 at all times. It is hectic, fun, and rewarding.
Pros
Mentoring young staff members; customer interaction; working with numbers
Cons
There are never enough hours in the day, open 7 days a week, during peak seasons difficult to provide excellent customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plato's Closet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight