Plato's Closet Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 389 reviews matching the search See all 1,277 reviews
It’s a great environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 16, 2019
This has been a great place to work at and with great people. Everyone is really friendly and everyone gets along great.
It’s been a great experience working at this company.
Employee review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2019
I enjoyed working here but felt like an outcast at times because if the dynamic of the work place. I felt as though I wasn’t welcome within the higher level workers. It was a very catty work environment
chill laid back job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2019
it was nice. it was pretty laid back. the coworkers were very friendly. you can wear anything you want, and get paid weekly. you have a chanceto really work on customer service skills.
Good First Job Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 22, 2019
Plato’s closet was my first job that I started at the end of my school year and worked till the beginning of the next school year. As I worked there fellow employees were nice and it was an overall positive environment.
Funnest place I’ve worked.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CTJune 20, 2019
It varies from store to store as each are individual owned and operated but man, I’ve never had so much fun at a job ever. My managers are super cool and fun to work with and the staff is super fun too. So many interesting clothing items come in and out each day it’s hard to figure out what we even have!
Our systems are one of the easiest systems to pick up on too!!
When people think of thrift stores, they think of dirty, grimy, old clothes nobody wants. Plato’s breaks that stereotype as well as curb the fast fashion industry that grows so rapidly. I encourage everyone I know to shop thrifty now!
Pros
Great management
Cons
Sometimes miscommunication
Nice Employees however there are things to improve on
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 20, 2019
I worked alongside a coworker most days to manage the sales floor. You start and end each day cleaning up the place however during closing you are able to be more efficient. Throughout your shift you help customers, manage fitting rooms and organize the store. You could also be working to organize the backroom and putting tags on clothes that just came in. You learn and develop skills like working well with others, organizing the work environment, treating customers politely and with respect no matter how they treat you, knowing when to walk away and analyzing when situations are unsafe. Most of the management team is excellent. They know how to effectively get the job done and treat employees with respect. It is difficult to deal with customers who are disrespectful, cruel or even racist however you have to treat them with the same respect you would give anyone else. I would say that is the hardest part of the job. Getting to work alongside people have become your friends throughout your employment make things much easier though. Due to the fact that it is just you and one other person in the same place for hours everyday it is easy to get close with that person and develop a nice bond.
Pros
Getting to work with people you consider friends
Cons
Low pay
Rude management, very judge mental
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  GrandvilleJune 19, 2019
They were very rude to me within my first week of working there. The managers both told me different things about the schedule/ job in general. It didn’t work with my schedule and they were very rude to me so I decided to quit. I will also add that They kept me past the legal time for a minor to work, the managers were taking illegal job times, and they were all gossiping all the time and cussing 24/7. On my last day after putting in 2 weeks notice, they fired me a few hours before I was leaving because I accidentally misunderstood what they had asked me to do. They then assumed that I only came to get a reference and leave to another job, Wich was defiantly not the case. They start you below minimum wage, at $8.25 Wich is not a lot AT ALL. Especially for the amount of hard work you are doing for 7 hours.
Great and friendly group of people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2019
Working at Plato's Closet was the first job that I ever had. I enjoyed working with a group of ladies that wanted to focus on working and making customers happy. I loved meeting new people and with the position that i was at I got to walk around talk to people who either needed help or even just ask a question as simple as " Do you need me to open the dressing room?" Working here I learned to express myself a lot more and get out of my comfort zone with talking to people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJune 16, 2019
Plato's Closet has a really great owner/employer that is supportive and very understanding. this is a wonderful place to work and they are flexible with hours.
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, inJune 13, 2019
Plato's Closet is a really fun and exciting place to work at. I ended up making alot of friends when I worked there. I enjoyed meeting new customers and helping people pick out their next date night outfit.
We got are job done and had a good positive staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 7, 2019
I had fun at the job but the job wasn’t paying me well to benefit my life. The staff had good positive vibe we all got along and the job was fun. My position just didn’t help me pursue my career.
Pros
Well balanced and pays okay
Cons
Shorts breaks And unorganized
It was a productive and fun workplace!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILJune 6, 2019
I loved working here, and I loved my coworkers and being able to point customers in the right direction when they came in! There was a lot of work to be done, and sometimes there was just not enough people working to get it done. Otherwise, it was a great experience!
Causal work space
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 5, 2019
Very fun and casual work place, with a very good discount. You can get a good set amount of hours. You do deal with loud and rude customers and thieves.
Pros
Discount, work hours
Cons
Thieves
People Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJune 3, 2019
This company did a good job involving their employees and making them feel important. There were a lot of activities and events together outside of work. This job also prepared me the most for being a customer service representative. I like that they actually train you.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 31, 2019
I worked there years ago. From what i learned they were somewhat disorganized. It was a basic first time job. I gained job experience. I enjoyed working there for the most part.
Pros
Fast paced enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Fun to Work, Sometimes Full of Drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 30, 2019
I enjoyed working at Plato’s Closet, personally. However, there was a lot of drama that would go on between some managers and employees. As long as you don’t get involved/don’t step on anyone’s toes, it can be a fun place to work if you want to be around other high school/college age coworkers. Another problem that is worth mentioning, if you’re over 18, is that many minors work at Plato’s (at least at my location). Due to this, my break had to be skipped (sometimes to the point that I’d work 8+ hours without a break) because minors have to have a break every 4 hours. At first, working at Plato’s wasn’t super fun due to constant “busy” work (which I hate). However, once I was promoted to a Buyer (someone who sorts through clothing), my time at Plato’s became more enjoyable.
Pros
Fun coworkers most of the time, flexible scheduling
Cons
Drama, many younger (under 18) workers without much job experience
Plato’s Closet
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2019
Plato’s Closet is really easy job and fun but also frustrating. You have to be attentive to stuff and customers and also focus on having merchandise running and being restocked.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough pay
I'm expected to do more work for less than the work is paid for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 29, 2019
Everyday there is more work than possible to effeciently do with in the hours provided. Working there is fun because it is easy work to do, but there is so much of it with so few hands on staff that we typically get over run with work and end up inconveniencing customers. Honestly, if the different roles of the work were split up and given to each employee, then it may run smoother. Also, we don't get paid for the amount of work we are doing. We do a lot for the store but don't get paid enough.
Pros
employee discount of 30%
Cons
heavy workload for little pay, short breaks
Disciplined workplace with focused people.
Buyer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMay 29, 2019
The workplace is a little judgmental but everyone manages to get along. Everyone for the most part does their job to the best of their ability and finds multiple ways to get the job done more effectively.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No extra holiday pay
Productive work space with energized and productive employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORMay 28, 2019
Plato's Closet was my first job. This job can be very difficult if you have trouble standing and cleaning for 7-8 hours. The managers usually try to manage schedules accordingly, but there are times when I have my schedule flopped or changed last minute. Sometimes, depending on who you work with, the coworkers can have a negative attitude at work and toward customers. This was not the best part about working for Plato's Closet. Although, the experience of working was useful and I now have enough experience to find a new job, especially one with employees with better work-attitudes.
Cons
unpaid break, poor schedule management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plato's Closet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight