Plato's Closet Employee Review

View all Plato's Closet reviews

Don’t do it
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 30, 2019
It’s a franchise so management varies from location to location. The location I worked at had a high staff turnover rate due to poor communication and inability to listen on the part of management. The owners made each employee sign a contract where you are scheduled 7 days a week and will most likely be called in (even on your days off) because the store manager didn’t feel like working that day. The only thing that makes this job even slightly worth it is the discount—and even that isn’t enough to make me work there ever again.
Pros
5% discount

Other Plato's Closet Employee Reviews

The management was very poor.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJuly 17, 2019
The Plato's Closet I worked at had a very inconsistent manager. Even though I showed up early and stayed late on my shift, I was called incompetent and told I wasn't reliable when I was put in the hospital for two weeks. I tried to contact my manager multiple times during that period but she never responded.
productive day with a decent staff
Shift Supervisor/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 17, 2019
the day can occasionally be frustrating, but overall it is a friendly environment to be a part of. a customer isn't always correct, but you do have to try to accommodate them the best way possible. the hardest part is event days just because of the fast pace, but if you keep calm, it goes smoothly. which is basically the nature of the entire job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plato's Closet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight