Platt College Employee Reviews

Pay is not great
Information Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 26, 2018
however, they do not bother me much when I a teaching. Plenty of space to work and develop lesson plans and labs, however, they will not pay for your time to do so.
Pros
meetings are catered
Cons
pay is not great
Productive and fun
Student (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2018
A typical day consisted of going to class and helping others who were learning, just as I was. Everything was enjoyable, from the fellow classmates to management and even the IT guy.
Good learning experence
Department Head/Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 14, 2018
Platt College was very good for me and I enjoyed the experience
The skills learned at Platt produced a great portfolio as good as Art Institute at a much lower price.
very good pace of work always busy. met some really great people
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 19, 2018
only worked there for a short period of time but the time i worked they i really learned a lot and would have loved to work there longer. prepared and filed teachers class rosters, helped to prepare for audit and did a lot of filing and purging of files.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Medical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAApril 17, 2018
Working at Platt College, has indeed been a great experience. I have had an opportunity to teach Medical Administrative Specialty classes
to many students that are eager to learn about the profession. There are many challenges that can arise in this profession like retention rate of students having the right amount of tools in the classroom that are currently being used out in the Medical field today, but overall I have enjoyed watching the students blossom in their field of choice and landing their profession and seeing them make a difference in the medical field.
Pros
Teaching different subjects in Administration
Productive team atmosphere
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 11, 2018
I loved working here, it was a great teaching experience. I had the opportunity to work with the Medical Assisting students and teach and assess them in there in their hands on portion of there program.
Pros
the staff is very welcoming
Cons
short breaks
No longer in business
Nursing Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2018
The school was closed due to lack of graduates who passed the nursing board exam. The company no longer exists in Texas however it is a solid company in Oklahoma
Terrible managment
Allied Health Lead & Externship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 6, 2018
They never follow through-- students run over authority and teachers involve students in their drama. Students unfortunately get involved and it is sad but the best teacher they had got fired!
Pros
nothingq
Cons
Pay is terrible for the industry
Fun work place
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 29, 2018
This job is very relaxing they treat you like family. The make sure you are very well taken care of. Platt College is also a fun place to work at because you meet and greet people from across the world that works with you that is so respectful, and sweet. I refer anyone to this job
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Part time hrs
Good experience learning the education industry and accreditation.
President (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 27, 2018
I came to Platt College because of my Drafting Experience and computer knowledge focusing on technical careers.

The decision was made to change the focus of the school to the Health Medical industry and dropping the technical programs.
Pros
Learned about Accreditation. Opportunity to manage 50 instructors and 300 students.
Cons
School was more interested in developing shrt term careers in the health medical field.
fast paced nursing program
Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 19, 2018
This was the most stressful part of my life so far. Study study study thats all I did. Prepare ahead before you do this cause it is hard and you need a plan then two backups.
hours and benefits
Director of Education (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 3, 2018
I am expected in the office at 7:30 in the morning and not permitted to leave until 6pm. I have 40 hours of vacation time a year (one week) and no sick leave at all. Anything over 40 hours in a year must be taken off without pay including funerals, illness and family emergencies.
Great opportunity to make a difference
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Platt College is a privately owned college that allows a teacher to make a difference in a persons life. Classes meet four days for most programs, one will work in the morning 7:45 to 12:45pm and 5:45pm to 10:45 pm. The 3 day weekend is great, the benefits are great. Its hard to get use not having any paid prep time for classes, but after teaching the classes one can reuse the curriculum and make it easier for themselves.
Poor morale and job satisfaction
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 31, 2017
Faced paced work environment. Management does not invest in employee growth.

Culture of blame and disrespect. Often asked to bend academic standards for students.
Horrible place to work
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKDecember 22, 2017
If you like working in an abusive environment with a lot of pressure, this place is for you. They offer little support to education, students learn on out dated equipment. The school is run by the same people that ran the Corinthians and ATI into the ground.
Pros
Money is decent
Cons
Management is abusive
fun fair challenging
Financial aid assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 13, 2017
medium paced, good experience, younger culture, hard to keep up with growth, good peolple to work with, lots f lunch insentives. never a dull moment, sometimes crazy.
Man
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 27, 2017
Overall unorganized and training sucked. The students were out of control. I wasn't notified until the day off that I would be basically laid off because the lack of students.
Student
Parcway rehabilitation center (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 19, 2017
Clinicals at this work place were amazing. The nurses where very informative and made sure they answered all questions. We were able to perform procedures while being supervised but without feeling pressured
Support
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 17, 2017
Great place to work. The role I had was more of an entry level position so the pay would be considered fair in that regard. The school is small and has a nice close knit sort of feel to it which I loved. They celebrate the major holidays and try to include students in some activities as well. Management provided lunch every week to faculty and staff. I really enjoyed working with everyone there.
Pros
Faculty and Staff
Cons
Limited advancement
spacious, clean, well-equipped, and well-run
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 11, 2017
It's a good place to work to help students achieve a good education/training to prepare them for career in their chosen field. All departments of the school are dedicated and committed to perform their duties/responsibilities.
Pros
nice facility
Cons
hard to get full time hours