Play It Again Sports
Happiness rating is 75 out of 100

Play It Again Sports Employee Reviews

Sports, fun, happy

I really enjoyed working there. Staff was fun and supportive and the owner is always there to support their staff. You take on as much responsibility as you can handle however initiative is rewarded.

Pros

flexible schedule, sport minded and happy place to work

Cons

Low pay but undertstandable

Good work for college students ...willing to work around schedule... You need to be a self starter and able to work on your own in unstructured environment..if you good with that then a great job...

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Poor communication

Play It Again Sports insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility

Not again

I wouldn't go back if asked. I believe in the company and what it stands for. Thats about it. Sales are really slow until around November december and January. Most is spent doing marketing and facebook posts for the store. I learned a lot about customer service and how to treat people. Theres really no motivation to want to do well in the company. no direction. No leadership at all. That would be the hardest part about working for this store. Most years were still enjoyable with the new faces of employees and meeting new people. It was fun working in a sports store as I love sports. Talking sports and helping kids get into a new sport was always fun. I learned how to sharpen ice skates as well.

Pros

Easy schedule and mostly can come and go when needed.

Cons

No leadership or motivation

loads of work and no benifits

Each day i had many tasks to complete while also assisting 90% of the customers that came into the store as a lot of the time i worked alone. trying to do orders for the store, merchandise the store, do scheduling and i also was the service technician who would go to customers houses and repair broken fitness equipment. I had a lot on my plate and tried my best to complete all the tasks that were expected of me.

Pros

fun work environment

Cons

low wages, no benefits, poor ownership

fun Place

Learned a lot and enjoyed my work day in and day out. Writing this review because this job has been a fundamental to a lot of my jobs and work experience.

Great job while going to school

Every store is different and ran differently. Stores are able to decide what products to sell to there customers in their community. Great job for young adults going to school

Fun laid back work place

Play It Again Sports was a fun and and laid back work place. It was fun working with the staff. Also, it was fun learning and helping customers with the sports equipment necessities.

Play It Again sports

This was a great part time job while I was in college. They are very fair and flexible. We sold great products for great prices. Management was awesome!!

pruductive place witha fun ping pong table

One thing that did benefit me from working here is the great sense of customer service I developed here. It taught me how to deal with many different types of people.

Fun workplace with energet

We would get 30 minute breaks. Occasionally would have to lift heavy weight but it was manageable. Not very busy too often except for weekends. Great overall.

A very fun and busy place with goid customers

I loved eorking there because if my customers and lived meeting nee people and also lived using register and always a busy placeand i like having to price items we boyght from people

Fun environment

Great work environment in the heart of PB. manager is very supportive and it is like being accepted into a family when working there. Everyone is very kind and helpful.

Good

First job I ever had , I learned a lot about sports and being hands on with stuff , great work environment, great management and quick paced makes the day go by

bad

not that great, everyone is kinda boring and don't really talk or try to have fun. they are all mainly hockey players from the coaches team which is the manager of the store. it's not that great.

Pros

really easy

Cons

really boring

Really entry level, fun place to work.

Play it again sports is what you make of it. Obviously not a career to strive for, there is room to advance, yet if it's just an after school job you're looking for this is a great place to try.

Awesome learning experience

A typical day at work for me would consist of different things. Some days we would be receiving a shipment that I had to help unpack. That took a fair amount to do but I was never left with nothing to do. I learned a lot, play it again sports was a great place for me because of my love for sports. Management was awesome. So nice to me and my coworkers every day. Hardest part of the job is the super busy days when you are running around trying to help customers.

Pros

Good staff, great atmosphere, good management

Cons

Not many hours

Fun teamwork oriented job with the chance to make what you want out of it.

Fun job with many dimensions to it. You can take over duties in areas you have some interest in. Fairly flexible scheduling, though it tended to have some weekends and evening shifts. It was interesting working with families on so many different sports. Winter time can be too busy. Senior management does not seem to leave, so advancement might mean moving to another store location.

Pros

Fun. Fairly low pressure. Flexible scheduling. Good bonuses for managers

Cons

Working some weekends., too busy over the holidays, promotion to senior manager hard because they don't often leave.

Sales oriented

It was a dry, monotonous work environment. I gained good experience selling retail products. The hardest part about the job was maintaining the functionality of the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers.

Fun Place to work

This is a really good first time sales job, However you do not receive any sort of compensation for selling many high value items. you also may not be promoted as promised whatsoever.

Fun place to work

A very strong focus on the Customer. A great team in a rewarding environment. Learned a lot about the importance to treating customers great and how that results in their success.

Good work place

Play it Again is a good company to work for if you are into sports. Work is fun as you get to talk about sports with the different customers that come to visit each day. The hours are also very reasonable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Play It Again Sports. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Play It Again Sports with

• Play It Again Sports
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?