Plaza College

Plaza College Employee Reviews

Great opportunity for students
They hire their own students which is great because students work towards experience. Sadly they not everyone who works and studies there stay more than a few semester as a student worker.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Sadly no hire for long
Do not apply!
Do not work for this place. They are phony and fire at will without warning and no explanation. Overworked and underpaid. They make you work all semester long and then fire you on last day of classes (usually a Thursday) at 4PM - end of day. Benefits are a joke. No raises as they think their yearly bonus is a substitution for it (bonus checks dated in Dec and not given out
until the new year).
This place micro manages and is in compassionate to employees. There is nepotism at its prime there. Zero job security.
Not a nice environment to work in. Micro managing, listening in on phone calls, cameras. The nepotism is in full swing. 30 minute lunch no time to buy food and eat it. They are more interested in outward appearance. No patience for you if you become sick. Very uncomfortable environment to work in. They fire "at will" and remind you often that you are replaceable.
not a good place to work
this was the worst job ever ( they want to give you a title in name only ) then they all run to the family !! You will find that you are always guilty of doing something wrong
Pros
nothing
Cons
very short brake < TOO much family ( Fathe Mother son aunt OMG)
Admission advisors need more training
A friend of mine called Plaza College, to ask some questions about the careers. One of her questions was, if the school gave hand outs, at the end of the class, to use as a study, cause she wasn't good at taking notes during class. He asked her if she had a learning disability, which I found very unprofessional and rude. If someone doesn't know how to take good notes, it doesn't mean they have a disability, so don't be so quick to judge people, if you don't know them. She went to a community College, spoke to a guidance counselor, and he sent her to a tutor, not only did the tutor teach her on taking good notes, also taught her study skills. She will be starting College in September, for a two year Associate's degree in Physical therapy assistant. If you want to continue your education, don't make the mistake coming here. Community Colleges are much cheaper than these private schools. Admission advisors need to learn to give professional advice, and not be asking if you have a learning disability.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great Place!
I've learned a lot of official essentials. It was convenient as well, as I worked and was a student at the same time. Friendly staff and faculty! Cafe on Campus! I was apart of the work study program, so I didn't have compensation, benefits, and it was a part-time job.
Pros
Convenient, Friendly staff and faculty
Overworked and Underpaid
Looks are deceiving. They overwork and underpay you. They fire honest and reliable employees without warning, making the person work the entire week, and notoriously fire on a Thursday or Friday at 4 PM without any justifiable explanations. They are money hungry and do not give raises. Instead, they give yearly bonuses. Administration gets very generous bonuses, while everyone else gets their leftovers. After taxes, the bonus is not worth the amount of work they make you do. Their medical benefit plan is way too expensive as well. Avoid working at this for-profit college as the owners are keeping all the profits and the workers are not!
Summary
This program was truly a great program it allows students without a high school degree. I enjoyed my work ar Plaza moreover, I loved the students and parents
Pros
health insurance Family plan and cell phone, annual bonus
Cons
Family run business tough to work with
Productive, Serious Company
Family owned College, driven to see success in their company. If you like to work hard and keep in contact with your workmates after office hours then Plaza is for you. You can learn a lot.
Pros
Cons
High expectation
Great First IT gig
The staff is great people to work with. But, they do tend to switch out quite often. Plaza focuses on student development which is beautiful. You get to see the student excel.
Professional Environment
A very professional and organized environment to work in. The staff is very helpful and there is a procedure to handle all matters ranging from discipline matters to academic issues.
Productive Fun Place to work
Being in the lab helping students work on different projects and assignments helped me to be a more patient and understanding worker.

Great Experience I was ables with my former collegeues to make and keep great lasting relationship.
Helping the unemployed find direction and training.
It was a great opportunity to attending all Department of Unemployment offices throughout NYC and assist others with lack training and employment to get back on track.
I enjoy working there
I enjoy working at Plaza College, It is a wonderful place to work and VERY professional. I enjoy the faculty, whom are always willing to assist. It is truly a great place to work. I actually have nothing negative to say.
great leraning enviroment
Plaza a college a great facility to work for with a rich history of educating students and sometimes didn't in other traditional colleges. The administrators are very nurturing to their students and create a great learning environment for their students.
Pros
fit well with other work scheduke
Cons
temporary position
Comfortable setting
I have learned a lot about work ethic and the importance of helping others while employed at Plaza College. A typical work day for me was always different and exciting. No two days were ever the same.
Productive work enviorment
I assisted many individual sometimes simultaneously in different subjects. Had to make the learning process fun for my peers to understand the material.Learned how to teach each person as an individual because everyone learns at their own pace. My co workers were supportive and assisted me if needed. The hardest part of my job was having to switch subjects in an instant. One minute i would be tutoring statistics and the next I would be tutor a peer on grammar. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that i was making a different, by helping students achieve A's in their courses
A college that really cares.
Plaza College values education. Students are not just students, but individuals as well. Their focus is on the success of the student. Everyone from administrators to staff has the same ultimate goal which is to see the students achieve their goals and graduate.

The hardest part of my job as the Community Relations Coordinator was coming across that one person who had potential, but yet did not see it. I enjoyed working at Plaza because it gave me satisfaction to see the students succeed.
Pros
Outstanding student life and alumni relations
Cons
Not enough time to reach out to everyone interested in returning to school
I enjoyed working at Plaza College because of the diversity and ages of the student population.
The was a part time job consisting of teaching usually one or two nights a week. The classes were either one and a half hours long or three hours long depending on the semester.
Due to the student population every day was different.

What I learned was the importance of lesson planning that would keep student engaged, interested, involved and motivated.

Management strived to meet the needs of the students which was difficult because many students were returning to school, had family and job responsibilities.

The hardest part of the job was making sure that I presented the material in a way that all student could understand and that I provided a positive learning environment. Plus, they had to understand that the requirements for successful completion of the course had to be met.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the diverse population because I enjoyed it very much but it could also be challenging to make sure that I presented material in a way that everyone understood.
Pros
It was part time and there were other possibilities i.e. tutoring
Cons
Drop in registration has resulted in less possibilities
An unequal opportunity employer--family run and hard to get ahead if not Irish, American or German. Did not base rewards on merit but personally
If you were one of the ''in" crowd meaning you got along well with the administration/family--wonderful but if not--if you had an opinion--forget it. Bonuses not equitable nor was the pay.
Pros
bonuses that you had to sweat for--academic freedom --they let me teach many things
Cons
management
Talk a good line on values, but don't walk the walk - except for Senior.
Management often made decisions not good or realistic for general student population. Out of touch with the challenges of diverse student population.
Pros
was close for commute.
Cons
double-talk and snobbery, possibly racist.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plaza College. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9