Plaza Medical Center Employee Reviews

Staff RN Ortho
Fort Worth Tx. Staff Rn -Post Surgical/Orthopedics (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 21, 2018
People are great to work with there. Everyone seems to get along very well and staff tries to remain positive. At the time I was there, the management didn't seem to be well trained and staff didn't feel like they mattered much. I believe new management is in there now and its much better.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Short Staffed.
fast paced and interesting
Medical Secretary, ICU, CCU, NICU (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 6, 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff, patients and visitors. I was exposed to many different medical situations. You have to learn how to cope with the life cycle due to natural causes and accidents.
Nice work place.
Neuro Clinical Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2018
I enjoyed working there, but I was doing more paperwork, than patient care. I wanted more, direct, patient care, where I get to know the patient and any family.
Plaza Medical Center
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2018
This was my second assignment/contract with Aya Healthcare. The staff and management were professional and considerate. They wanted me to resign another contract.
Pros
did not float very often
Unorganized
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Was unorganized and unsure of actual job requirements. Understaffed majority of the time and bed status stayed full while the ED held many patients. Hard place to work and try to keep nurses due to work conditions.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 6, 2018
Very clean and quit place to work. There is never a dull moment at the plaza center. One minute your laughing with a client the next minute your crying with them.
Pros
no free anyting
Cons
hour break
Dietary aide
Nutritional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2017
I loved being cross trained although I was as needed basis I still worked 40 hours and done many different job functions in which I was told that I could have been making 12hr instead of $9.50 as PRN cashier status. Iworked the tray line, grill, served trays to patience in a friendly timely manor. I also worked the dietary office.
Pros
medical field
Cons
no benefits
Fair place to work
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 13, 2017
Fair compensation and there was almost always opportunity to work more hours if needed. Benefits were okay. There was an employee appreciation program.
Benefits
Cons
Staffing
leaving because of the co-worker relations
RN Cath Holding/Recovery (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2017
I am looking for another job because of the relationship between my unit and another unit. It is animosity that is unrelenting.
As far as my unit, I love my co-workers and manager!
Productive and fun working with great people at Plaza Medical Center.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 12, 2017
My typical day at work was to make patients happy and have them feel like home. provide as much information possible for the patients family and friends.
Pros
Great activities.
Cons
short breaks

Want to know more about Plaza Medical Center?

Ask a question
HCA facility
Radiology Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 20, 2017
High focus on productivity, patient satisfaction. Limited budget resources. Good staff. Teams work well together. Culture of patient satisfaction. High turnover in leadership.
Pros
lunch discounts
Cons
turnover
A day at Plaza Medical Center
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 24, 2017
A typical day at Plaza was enjoying daily the co-workers I had the opportunity to work with as a team.
I learned teamwork was what we exemplified.
Management was awesome when I was employed there.
Workplace was like family.
The hardest part of the job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part was having that experience with the people I worked with, and patients I encountered.
Welcoming place.
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 5, 2017
Very nice place to work. Wealth of knowledge to be had. Very good learning environment.

There are a lot of opportunities for someone to start out there.
Good place to work.
Patient Care Technician, 7pm-7am (Former Employee) –  Fort worthJune 30, 2017
I enjoyed employment at plaza. People were kind and benefits are good. Workload is alittle heavy at times. There's room for advancement opportunities.
Plaza Medical Center
Neurosurgery Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2017
Plaza was a good place to work. There was little room for advancement in my position, but I enjoyed my job. The compensation is average. There are a lot of rules that other hospitals don't force you to abide by. Most people that work there have been there for years and are not excited to be there. However, there are always the few in each department who actually love what they do.
Cultural Work enviornment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2017
Plaza Medical is a great medical center not just for patients but also for employees. They are very professional focused and experience. They continue to educate every employee and they also have so many job awards for example movie ticket, restaurants gift cards and more.
Pros
Free lunches and awesome potlucks
Cons
Parking
Severe staffing shortages
CDU/ED Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2017
Severely understaffed and lacking minimum staffing ratios for safe patient care. Poor staff satisfaction scores, and engagement. High-acuity care areas without adequate staffing, or leadership. High RN turnover and burnout.
Fast pace, positive work enviornment
REGISTRAR (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Many different challenges throughout the day which helped me gain knowledge daily of my job duties. Multitasking and a fast pace work environment also helped gain confidence in my roll in the office and helping fellow coworkers. Taking a lead in helping others and working as a team player. Great overall work experience that taught me many different important work ethics.
I learned so much while working at Plaza.
Charge Nurse/Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 7, 2016
I entered Plaza as a graduate nurse and went through their internship program. This program helped me transition from a nursing student to a real nurse. I had very knowledgeable people surrounding me. They answered my questions and were patient with me as I was still learning. It was a very positive learning environment.
Pros
great coworkers, plenty of resources
Cons
short staffed at times
Great Teamwork
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2016
On the renal transplant unit, there is a need for extra special communication. Not only with patients and families but medical staff as well.
These patients have waited to receive a new outlook on life by receiving a kidney.
The transplant surgeon, nephrologist and their staff are very passionate about their patients and that makes everyone just as passionate. You get to know the patients and their families personally.
Everyone on the unit works as a team.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making someone's day more enjoyable.