Plaza Tire Service Employee Reviews

Fun place too work lots a great people toobwork with
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOJune 12, 2019
As I started plaza tire I was the smallest guy there an the youngest but there was guys not much older but were much bigger but I was doing more work then most there were a lot of lazy workers in the Time I worked there the only reason I left was for a better job opportunity well I thought it was
lack of interest
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Malden, MOJune 11, 2019
This job was one of the more basic jobs i have held it was pretty common sense on the job task that any man in america should know how to accomplish the task at hand
To many hours and not enough pay
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, MOMay 23, 2019
I was a service manager getting paid $14/hr working six days a week. It was exhausting to say the least. My general manager was awesome and he is not the reason I left. Upper management was horrendous. Nothing was ever done properly to them. There was always a problem in their eyes and nothing positive was ever said about anything. They really dragged down morale. I also had no vacation time for the first year which was irritating. Now I see on indeed that they’re promising my same job for salary pay and more than I was making. They really try to squeeze as much out of you as they can. They also like to rip off customers for everything that they’re worth. I was finally sick of it.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, horrible upper management
Quick-paced and stressful
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 19, 2019
Low salary for the labor, quick and sometimes difficult to keep up, little to no team work skills in the shop with every one.
Great place for tire and oil changes, lots of benefits, and many friends to be made
I am still currently employed by PLAZA TIRE SERVICE.
Tire Technition (Current Employee) –  St. Peters, MOApril 30, 2019
PLAZA TIRE SERVICE is a fairly well known automotive maintenance and repair store. Definitely higher up on the list for excellent and proficient and outstanding workmanship. If I had never gone into plaza and became a employee as a tire tech. I wouldn’t know jack about how to maintain a automobile still to this day. Sadly... Yes they are outstanding at being punctual and ready to take on any work load that the front store associates decide to take on for both our mechanics and our techs. If you have never been go. It’s with a shot. And in the worst case scenario you loose a couple dollars in Taco Bell money for a oil change with the wrong date written on your oil change sticker.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Career advancement
does not care about their employees
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOApril 29, 2019
their benifits suck dead end job will never give you a raise and will fire you for being sick even if you have a sick day they treat you like they own you and pay just enough to scrape by and be able to make it week to week while they profit millions every year
Great place to work just took place for me to start my career
Automotive technician (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, MOMarch 8, 2019
Plaza tire was just a starting place for me to further my career would recommend to any automotive technician that is starting out great stepping stone
Great Company
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MONovember 4, 2018
Plaza Tire is a great company. Only debating leaving to be back in full Management and relocate to a different state to be closer to family that lives in Florida.
Decent place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, MOAugust 8, 2018
Decent place to work typical tire shop with out to much corporate interference, pretty laid back compared to similar shops overall pretty happy with them long hours as a manager though
they work you too hard
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJuly 1, 2018
i have worked there for almost 2 years and if you had a sick kid or your babysitter quits on you they don't care because if you miss work your gone and to me kids come first and they should have a program to help parents out with daycare.
Pros
not bad pay
Cons
you one break sometimes no break
No follow through
Technician (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MOApril 22, 2018
Company doesnt care about employees. Very low morale. Management full of empty promises and will lie straight to your face as well as corporates face. Corporate expects one way of doing things but management wants it done a different way. If you are good at your job and do it right management ridicules you and gripes and complains it is not being done their way. They dont care about the customer either. Get them in and get them out attitude. Management doesnt want to hear nor tell the customer that there is something wrong with their vehicle if it does not pertain to a tire. Very poor company to work for.
Pros
Pay check, good insurance, tire discount
Cons
Management, pay scale, no pay raises, favoritism
Good work place
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOApril 19, 2018
Good woth training new people. Good work environment. Love the discounts and they are very easy going with family stuff. Highly recommend as a first job.
Pros
Same hours
Great place to start your tire mounting career!
Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOApril 17, 2018
There’s always better places out there but this company is the best. They were locally owned the whole time I worked there and still to this day. The tires are discounted when you buy from them as a employee.
Not that great anymore
Salesman Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MOApril 6, 2018
One of the best managers I have ever had but the company will get rid of you without warning if they thank they can better themselves. The company has changed it pace from family oriented to how much money can we make in a month. Which is not a bad thing but this company will.....well if you keep that from happening they will get rid of you.
Fun guys to work with
Automotive Technician (GST) (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJanuary 2, 2018
I worked there for 7 months. Only issue I had was driving a whole hour just for $12/hr.
I was on the closing shift which is 10 am until 7 pm. I wish they were open later than 7 pm. Working this shift I had no time to get anything done for myself (work on my cars, cut grass, etc)
I would differently go back to Plaza if the pay was better.
Pros
Work lunches, friendly co-workers, always joking around
Cons
Amount of money per hour & only being opened until 7 pm
Stressful
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MODecember 8, 2017
They like you as long as you do what they want and don't have to have surgery or they will replace you if you like weekends off that's not the job for you cause to get a Saturday off you will need to have surgery or a death in the family which is wrong and they are wrong for thinking that only the management can have every other Saturday off but not the shop guys they judge to much on appearance and not work ethic and paying people based on that and not how they work
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Dont care about employees
strong company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILNovember 21, 2017
Was good place work over 10 years ago. Pay could have been better. Was very good with training. People were great too work with and very helpful when needed.
Productive and stressfull
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 30, 2017
They didn't pay good and they treat there employees like dirt and sometimes you don't get lunch. If you missed a day they expect you to come in on your day off.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Not good managment they don't think about there employee's
Great "family feel" comapany with room to grow
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Du Quoin, ILJuly 28, 2017
A lot is asked of you when you work for plaza tire. they are good about offering incentives, the harder you work the more you get paid. but the base pay is nothing to brag about, although it will pay the bills. there is plenty of opportunity to rise in the company if you are willing and interested. the only way to really make any kind of serious money is to move up the ladder, because starting out at the bottom, you are paid just above minimum wage. the benefits are great, you are provided with full insurance. and pretty decent insurance at that. after your first year you do receive paid vacation, and after five years you are given two full weeks of paid vacation a year. but at the same time, taking vacation is generally frowned upon because each store is ran off of the very minimal amount of employees possible to sustain a profit. so therefor missing any time makes it very difficult to keep up with what they expect from above. overall I would recommend a career within plaza tire, I have valued mine greatly and always appreciate the opportunity they have given me.
Pros
Opportunity to further career, financial benefits
Cons
work hours, hard labor
Customer Service oriented, family owned, live to work philosophy
Sales Associate / Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAMarch 28, 2017
This was a decent job and I was paid fairly well considering the payscale in this area. It is family owned and operated, and everything that goes with that is present at this job. At times the workload was slow and uneventful and at others it was a bit out of control. You have to be willing to roll up your sleeves and get dirty when the need arises. The owners personal philosophy is that work is first before anything else in his life...employees are expected to put their job before family or personal needs regardless of circumstances and will be shunned for not doing so.

Commission aspect places co-workers at odds with eachother - invoices and tickets will get rewritten under another name (taken from you) if you don't pay attention.
Pros
Decent pay, daytime hours, discounts for employees
Cons
Infrequent raises, work before family philosophy, base + commission is unpredicatble income.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plaza Tire Service. Our community is ready to answer.