Pleasant Valley Country Club Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Executive chef (Former Employee) –  Sutton, MAMarch 20, 2019
If you’re good at what you do and hold yourself to high standards you will do great here. Ownership and management are very fair and approachable. I worked there twice over the years and enjoyed both times. The only draw back would be ownership ablility to react to broken equipment, other than that, a really great place to work!!!
Pros
Great working conditions and people
Cons
Old equipment, hours can be long during peak season
Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 11, 2019
Company is great if all you want is a pay check. No incentives, no retirement (only for Executive management). No room for advancement. No Human resources Department, Executive Management deals with everything and bases decisions off of friendships
Great Place for a Summer Job!
Golf Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 7, 2018
Worked at PVCC during the summers in high school, it was a great first job! Amazing bosses, great coworkers, and amazing members! I go back and visit any chance I get!
fun work place
Pool Grill Associate (Summer) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 11, 2018
it was very fun but we worked hard at al times. it was a job that ii enjoyed attending. the customers were very friendly and I enjoyed interacting with the children for the most part.
Pleasant Valley
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 6, 2018
This is a really great place to start for an office job. You meet many people, learn about the sport and also get really busy during summer for all of the events. The thing that I enjoyed the most is the wedding venue that I got to help in.
Fun place to work
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Sutton, MAOctober 5, 2017
I really enjoy working here and wish it was more than just the summer! The management is great and so are of my coworkers. The atmosphere is laid back but when we need to get our work done everyone takes it very seriously
Good place to work. Just need better trained managers
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Pleasant Valley Country Club. But I believe that the department In worked in was a little stressful due to lack of training on the management part.
Pros
Good hours and reasonable pay.
Cons
Lack of good peoples skills on management.
Stressful, and fast-paced
Pro Shop Manager, Director of Intern Program (Former Employee) –  Connellsville, PASeptember 11, 2017
Great membership. Wonderful people. Dificult circumstances due to the current golf culture. I reaqly dont have anything else to say. The golf country club business is dying, and that places a strain on all involved. Need to change that culture.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Poor oversight by Board of Directors
On the course
Greenskeeper (Former Employee) –  Sutton, MAAugust 24, 2017
Poor direction by manager resulted in allot of wasted time, no assistance/information in completing tasks. Have no clue why the young guys working there did so for such little pay and benefits?
Poor management
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 17, 2017
No communication between management and employees. No raises for employees unless you have connections or dirt on management. The members are great, very appreciative and nice.
Pros
A job
Cons
Management poor and sub part wages
Pleasant Valley review
Bag Boy (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 24, 2017
I would spent most of my time outside. For my job duties I would wash golf balls, clean members clubs, do yard work for the driving range, pick up balls on the driving range, basic golf course duties.
Living the High Life
Server, Bartender, and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 8, 2017
Traditional Country Club setting. High class food with Formal 5 star service. Dining was not a race it was very laid back and attentive to detail and knowing what our club members want and need at a moments notice. The Club was very well ran, nothing was asked that could not be achieved by any single member of the staff. Servers were a close group we all could read each other and observe the dining room and know what needed to be done with out question. Working environment was stable and paid well. Club member's took pride in knowing the staff and treating us with the same respect we showed them at all times
Pros
great members, funfilled environment
Cons
little chance for advancement
It was good in the past.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 6, 2016
There was a time when this was a very good place to work, but about 10 years ago it all shifted with poor management that included co-workers that used undesirable favors to further their position and bonuses.
great place, great members, great environment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day at work is that there is always something to do no matter what it is.
To be honest I have learned more from work here then I did learn from the school.
I would have to say the management here is probably the best management i have worked for.
Clientele was great. Fun to work there. Management were poor communicators.
Director of Tennis Operations (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 17, 2015
Great clientele. The work was hard work but personally satisfying. I enjoyed the people in my department as well as the member/clients. The hardest part was the physical workload and dealing with Senior Management.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Insurance expensive. Senior Management hard to deal with.