Pleasant Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Bad.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVMarch 31, 2019
Toxic environment for employees. No one focusing on the job at hand. Employees worried about drama, and life outside of the hospital. Needs better management.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Poor management, dramatic staff
Amazing staff
Nursing Student Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CADecember 26, 2018
The nurses and the rest of the medical personnel were beyond helpful. I was there to precept and all of the nurses and medical staff were very welcoming. Always eager to teach and allow the students to gain experience and skills
Pros
amazing staff
Cons
Love the employees at PVH....they just don't pay well for some
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVOctober 15, 2018
As long as you are a "yes man" you will have advancement. If you do not concede to poor treatment by some, there is no advancement. Hired people from outside and paid them more than what I make and would not let me move from with in the hospital
Pros
Some wonderful people
Cons
Some not so wonderful "management" people
productive environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  charleston wvAugust 14, 2018
i travel around to nursing facilities every morning starting at 4 a.m. i drive my own vehicle and i am compensated for my mileage i have most major holidays off but am not compensated for them
Fun workplace
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 13, 2018
Put doctors orders in made appointments scheduled tests tore charts down filling worked two floors worked under the registered nurse, 12 hours shifts answered phones
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Breaks
Satisfying work with flexible scheduling
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Outreach, Charleston areaJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed the work and the work environment. The pay was adequate; however, the benefits were unavailable for my position and there was no room for advancement. Also, my department was considered PRN and, as such, we were not guaranteed pay increases, vacations or health benefits. Our department was given one pay increase in the eight years I worked there.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No room for advancement, no standardized pay increases.
challenging work space
RN (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVMay 31, 2018
the work place challenging because of staffing issues. management not holding people accountable for actions.

Management seems not care that the house is burning down around them.
Very flexible place to work at
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVApril 11, 2018
Very fast paced, management lacks communication skills. The hours are flexible and fit my schedule. The lady that was placed in management I felt wasn't very professional with her position.
Had wonderful girls to work with. Good rapport with doctors and other departments.
CCU RN (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVMarch 15, 2018
Loved working here only reason left is they don't fill open positions fairly and I was passed over several times for less experienced person. Have regretted leaving here many times grass isn't greener on the other side I have found that out several times.
Pros
Great staff to work with.
Cons
No lunch at times
great place to work
CT/X-ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAFebruary 1, 2018
possible to learn CT. very good employees, easy to get along with.
hardest part of job is that you are everywhere. you can do fluoro, x-rays, and CT, all in 8 hours shift.
Pros
very friendly environment
Great Job
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVOctober 1, 2017
Pleasant Valley Hospital Was a Fantastic Experience Very Productive Working Environment with Equal Opportunities & a Very Friendly Staff.I absolutely loved working for PVH & absolutely loved the Insurance . We had A Wonderful Staff Fully Equipped to Get The Job Done.It was a very Successful Experience.
Pros
Insurance & Friendly Staff
Awesome place to work
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVSeptember 6, 2017
Loved working there just got laid off July 31st. Traveled to nursing home and did phlebotomy, collection of specimens. I worked at 4 nursing homes. Every Friday we did our phone meetings and we clocked in and out by phone. Very sweet coworkers and amazing boss. I loved my job there and hated to be laid off.
Pros
Paid gas milage
Cons
No health care
I enjoyed the work I did, but the lack of job security made it difficult to ever feel comfortable
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVSeptember 5, 2017
no real job security and seniority does not matter. I have seen many people who have worked for over 20 years for PVH but were let go because they could be replaced by less expensive workers.
Pros
close to my home/ dayshift
typical day
Radiology RT (R)(M)(CT) (Current Employee) –  Pt Pleasant, WVJuly 11, 2017
Small community hospital with decent size outpatient base. Easy to work this other hospital areas, poor leadership within management. A typical day would include determining which area i would be working in. This is a down fall for this hospital because it causes many people (such as myself) to wear to many hats.
Not the place to go.....
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVApril 28, 2017
If you're looking for somewhere to work, PVH is the place to go. Just don't expect anything besides a paycheck. Don't misunderstand... money is necessary, fulfillment is a plus when you're helping people, especially doing what you love. However, there is no pleasure in a work environment without trust, without security, without recognition of a job well done, not to mention 2 minimal raises (and I do mean cents) in 8 years. Sad is what this is, very, very sad.
Pros
small hospital environment, you know most by first name
Cons
no security or comparable wage comparison
Good place to work for a small town
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVApril 19, 2017
PVH could be a much better place of employment if the administration had the education and credentialing that they should. Besides that, it's not a bad place to work if you are not willing to travel a far distance and/or need to stay local near the schools, etc.
Travel up to an hour away and your pay scale increases almost double.
great place to work
LVN (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 18, 2016
employee's are great, I would recommend employment there.Hard work but there's always someone there to assist you. Great Benefits and personal time off.
Family Oriented
LPN (Current Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVJuly 15, 2016
PVH hires the best nurses around. We all work together in a very friendly environment! We provide great customer service and excellent healthcare.
Good People to Work With Overall
Physician Assistant-Certified (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVFebruary 14, 2016
Average patient load; hands on experience; get to be involved in all kinds of medical conditons; approach is what one would expect with hometown facility; co-workers could not be better; there really isn't a really hard part of the job; the most enjoyable part of the job is the people I got to work with including co-workers and patients; good collaboration between providers
Pros
Decent Pay, Good Co-Workers, Small Town, Excellent Patients
Cons
Small town mentality, which is not really a con - I like small towns
It is hospital that is vital to the community.
MLT Generalist (Current Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVMay 16, 2015
Pleasant Valley Hospital is vital, to the community, The people are very friendly. My co-workers are hard workers. Pleasant Valley Hospital is a good place to work.
Pros
Healthcare and friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Cafeteria and no raise, in a long time.