Pleasant View Communities

Working at Pleasant View Communities: 44 Reviews

United States44 reviews

residentpleasantcarestaffplaceemployeetimepeople

Decent job/work experience

I like working at Pleasant View and think it is a great place to work largely because of the impact you make with the residents. Other staff aren't very kind and can be very snotty. This place is fire happy, so watch out for management. They are not very involved unless there is a concern and certain managers make you feel like minor issues are a big deal.

Pros

Residents, beautiful campus

Cons

Benefits suck, management is only involved with problems, short staffed, little room for growth

Stay away!

The managers in personal care are sneaky and always mandate you to stay 12 hours instead of your scheduled 8 hours. This would be such a great place to work if there weren’t such terrible people in charge! They caused me so much anxiety. I was always looking over my shoulder.

Pros

Not much time on your feet

Pleasant View Communities insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Great place to work, nice and friendly co workers, great bosses

I have been working here for 12 years now. A typical day time goes so fast, because I love what I do. I have learn a lot about the elderly, and how much I love helping people.. Management is great, you do your job the right way you have no issues. Work place culture is a very happy one. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I contribute as a team to help make our residents feel well cared for and meet all of their needs.

Pros

I work with a great group of people

Cons

Health care

Work and family, they are flexible with scheduling.

Pleasant View Communities, is a great place for employment. Such a warm atmosphere for everyone, they go above and beyond to make sure you feel welcome. I had recommended several people to seek employment here. I love their open door policy and I will recommend it to family members and friends, I also have family members work here that how much I enjoy working here.

Pros

I love the fact that the forty five minutes breaks is paid for, you don’t clock out.

Cons

Sometimes rarely you can’t take your fifteen minutes extra break due to unforeseen circumstances.

Supportive environment; opportunities to grow

I was impressed by the beautiful campus right away, and I have enjoyed the walking trail several times. My supervisor is very supportive, and I learn new things from her every day. The best part of my job is helping people - I look forward to coming to work in the morning.

Pros

Free on-site gym, walking trail, Wellness program

There's no team be work.

They make promises that they don't keep. Promises of promotions and different positions and they go back on their word. There is no teamwork the administrator is very mean and heartless and does not know how to communicate with others it is not a great place to work

Need New Management

Management doesn’t care about the staff. Always out to cover their own rear ends. Fire happy. Pay rate not up to par. Lack of communication. No direction from management.

Community based

It was a pleasure to work at pleasantview for several years. They are very involved in the community and give good care to both family and patient. A good learning experience.

The residents

The residents are the best part of the job, I enjoyed helping people out making sure there rooms or apartments were taken care of. Some staff are good people, but theres too much favoritism in some departments

Pros

Residents

Cons

Never know what situation will arise

Management awful.

Management was terrible. Employees never praised for good work only for mistakes.No job security. Always firing people especially if you were employed there too long.

Opportunity for growth, but not in all areas

This is a great place to work. Everyone works together well, with the overall goal of resident satisfaction in the forefront. I'd look at it as mid-sized, so some of the departments have large opportunities for growth, while others remain small and offer little advancement opportunities simply due to size restrictions.

great

fun place to work everyday, people i work with are great,they make you feel like part of there family and they are happy to see you everyday when you come to work..

Dishonest & Heartless Management

Worked there 1 1/2 months. Fell ill and went to Urgent Care. Was told to take the time to get better only to be FIRED when I returned to work. No warnings. Nothing. Missed 4 days total. Supervisor sat there and smugly asked me if I wanted to see the Employee Handbook which said missing 4 days in probationary period is grounds for termination. They had no problems with my work performance that I know of. The kicker is they did NOT replace me, just "moved people around" I found out. I think it was a convenient excuse to do away with me and my job. Not very "Christ-Like" as they proudly state in their mission statement. Sneaky, underhanded, heartless people. I left a job I really liked only to be treated like trash. Their loss will be someone else's gain. My advice is stay away.

Staff is really nice they have an amazing team work every time people there get their job done on a daily basis. Exceptional performance when it comes to the caregivers

Great Mission that the front line staff bring to life each and every day.

Pleasant View is a wonderful organization that has a fantastic benefit package and offers positions with meaningful purpose that make a difference in other's lives each and everyday.

Pros

Being able to support people who make a difference in other's lives

Cons

The industry is very challenging

Typical Nursing Home

I would not recommend working here. Scheduling is horrible. The staff don't work as a team. I am always miserable walking in for my shift and count down the hours until i can leave.

Excellent place to work in any department

Staff is very friendly and easy to work with. Management is fairly young but motivated and fair in each department. I have not seen any staff terminated that didn't deserve it due to laziness, poor work ethic or attendance. Right now they have some of the best employees that I've seen in each department. (Nursing, Maintenance, Dietary, Housekeeping, Personal Care, etc.) Nursing managers are great and very approachable. They will treat you really well as long as you are a good employee. Maintenance has a great group of guys who are so helpful and take great care of everything. Housekeeping runs a tight ship but are a close group and keep the place looking great especially compared to most other places I've seen. Overall things have gotten so much better in recent years starting from the top down. Nursing is a tough department at any facility to keep all positions full but they are trying their best to bring in new staff without lowering standards and settling for just any CNA's or nurses. I've seen some beautiful facilities with some below average staff but not at Pleasant View.

Pros

Good staff/management, paid lunch, nice facility, Fun

Good place to work, not good management

Good place to work overall. I’m just looking for something full time and nothing has opened up. I love the residents and being a nurse! Just need more hours.

Enjoyed the staff and work environment

My time at pleasant view was my first nursing job as an lpn. It gave me the skills I needed to build my field experience. My supervisor were always helpful in providing me with further understanding if needed.

always short staffed poor manegment

i worked here for a year and some months , i loved my residents dearly but management was always the problem, they would never listen to any cna's opinion's even if it was a great asset for the team since we are the first on hands with the residents. The nurses were great and always helped us out but there were times where there would only be 2-3 aids on the floor with up to 12 residents each. Management is the worst in this case. they never cared about anyone .. they would sit in the office and chit chat instead of helping when we were short staff. I would never return here for work. and yes we did get paid break but there were SO MANY days where we would not even get a break due to being so short staff, i remember eating my sandwich while carting because there was just no time to sit for a break

Pros

paid break benefits

Cons

very very poor management, always short staff

Very nice facility

Newly renovated and clean facility. On site gym and cafe. Beautiful campus the offer personal care, assisted living and independent living. I would highly recommend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pleasant View Communities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.7Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight