Pleasant View Nursing Home Employee Reviews

good company
server (Former Employee) –  Inman, KSMay 3, 2018
very good company. I really enjoy working for them but unfortunately I had to moved out of state so I left the job. I encourage people to work for them.
loved it there but....
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  DoylestownMarch 12, 2018
I loved working there.. but everything kept changing. the stress levels kept getting higher and higher. The communication between the Nurses/Aides to the Kitchen was horrible. But there were some great Nurses there that I bonded with a lot. The kitchen Girls were awesome. We got stuff done when needed. Overall I loved my job and the residents.. but the stress was not worth the low paying job .
Pros
Everyone was pretty friendly, Loved the Residents
Cons
pay, and the stress level of dietary and floor not being able to communicate
friendly place to work
CMA/GNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 5, 2018
A great place to work. a lot of team work.. lovely residents and staff members. clean facility, good food, good drinking water, great supervisors, and above all A Godly environment
Pros
flexible schedule if you are in school
Cons
low salary
fun, loving, and caring place to work for
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, MDFebruary 9, 2018
I truly enjoyed to work for Pleasant View Nursing home. as a team we got along great we worked together and could come with a primary solution we ran into. Management was amazing and treated everyone equal.
Pros
Great team players
Cons
there was non
Fun place to work and employees are great.
Internship in Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILOctober 13, 2017
The atmosphere is great at Pleasant View. Management is great and so are the co-workers. They are understandable if something comes up in your personal life. They know how to have fun and work hard.
enjoyed working there
Direct Care worker (Former Employee) –  Corunna, MIAugust 24, 2017
i would get to work and punch in on time. we would have a staff meeting, when done with the staff meeting we would go to our assigned area of work. responsibilities included taking care of the elderly.
Pros
liked staff worked with
Cons
sometimes residents would get on nerves
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ILAugust 3, 2017
Ppl is a wonderful place to work. The staff is great! All work together! You get your breaks and down time. They have good benefits! You get paid time off! The building is clean and presentable.
And most of all the residents are great!
Pros
Have pto, you get your breaks, the staff works with you!
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Inman, KSMay 5, 2017
You could not ask for better co-workers. They worked with my health issues. The job became to stressful for me which is not good for my health. Everyone seemed to mind their own business.
Pros
Worked with my health issues
Cons
no benefits
Enjoy my type of employement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mt. Airy, MDApril 25, 2017
Enjoy my type of employment. But there are situations that have occurred that have me looking for other opportunities. This company offers no retirement plan.
Pleasant View is an exciting demanding job.
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrison, ILMarch 28, 2017
Working at Pleasant View is a new challenge every day. The day is routine, however there is always something new every day. The residents are amazing people you can learn a lot from. the management team care about the staff and residents.
Pros
You learn a lot about the care of the elderly.
Cons
insurance and the pay scale is low.
good palce
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WI 53566March 20, 2017
they are a good place to work friendly great benefits and hours are nice team players on the floor they staff well and offer a lot would go back in a heart bet
Productive and fun daily activities.
Activities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Airy, MDFebruary 9, 2017
I can provide daily activities and participate in them as well. I try to go over and beyond and give the well deserved effort into all my elderly residents. I assist any resident that needs help or will get the necessary care they need. And plan entertainment for the facility and residents on special days, events, and holidays.
fun place to work, learn, and grow
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Barberton, OHSeptember 21, 2016
A typical day at work I had to clean bathrooms, residents rooms, sweep, mop, and clean the nurses station. I learned all about the nursing home scene and elderly. The management was great and so were my co-workers. The hardest part of my job would be when a resident that I loved passed away. The most enjoyable part was when I would clean their rooms the different stories they would tell me about their younger life.
Pros
great shift, easy work
Cons
couldnt leave job on break
caring for the elderly in a long term setting
CNA (Current Employee) –  Albert City, IAAugust 15, 2015
Direct care. Its hard work, not everyone can do it. It takes a kind and caring individual to care for others in a long term setting. There are many personalities, individuals with multiple issues. Learning and knowing how to handle different issues/conditions/diseases can be difficult. Everyone is different and learning and getting to know the individual is a must. It makes the job easier and easier for the resident. Attitude is a big plus and a smile goes a long way.
Pros
What to wear isn't a hassle
Cons
you never know what the day is going to be
demanding, but rewarding work (residents)
Life Enrichment Asst (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIJuly 18, 2015
On the go 85% of the time. Planning and carrying out activities with groups of residents as well as one-on-one. Micro-managing supervisor. Clearly the residents were the most enjoyable part of this position for me.
Pros
County government position
Cons
Micro-managing supervisor
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Metter, GAMay 28, 2015
A typical day at work went by smoothly as long as none of the patients got upset for getting their rooms cleaned. I learned how to deal with the patients professionally. My co-workers acted like they did not want to be there. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the bathrooms. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and getting to know most of the patients and making them feel special by just listening to them and giving them my attention.
Pros
good medical benefits
Cons
got hit by patients
enjoyable place to work
Life Enrichment volunteer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIMay 27, 2015
led stretching exercises for up 20 residents
Participated in games with residents
Delivered mail and initiated conversations with residents
Pros
working with residents was enjoyable
Cons
having to work weekends
extremely fast paced
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIMay 20, 2015
hot and humid conditions and not enough workers to get the job done in a timely manner. to much pressure from management. very physical work.
Pros
very good insurance
Cons
short breaks
Great coworkers and really caring staff
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Albert City, IAApril 24, 2015
I have never felt more at home or comfortable in a working environment. It was an amazing work experience. Unfortunately the pay isn't great but it is comparable to the other care facilities in the are.
Nice people, doing the best they can with what little they have.
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Airy, MDJanuary 23, 2015
The facility is old and there is not much to work with. The residents are in dire need and the staff here does as much as they can for the residents. The kitchen is an interesting place to work because it gives a totally different take on the whole of the nursing home. For a part time job while taking 5 college classes, it was just fine.
Pros
I did'nt think about it when I was home and off of work(stress free)
Cons
not challenging, not a well paying job.