Plow & Hearth Employee Reviews

Productive experiment.
Bagline (Former Employee) –  Madison, VAJuly 1, 2018
Loved the constant movement while working. Great teams, wonderful management. Would continue to work each seasonal. I have worked a total of 4 years with the company, enjoyed the pay and hours.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No smoking campus
fun work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Madison, VAJune 21, 2018
during my time here we had fun. very competitive workplace but also friendly. during the holidays you can feel and see all the creativeness that the employees bring. They have nice lunches bought, they ensure that everyone feels in the holiday spirit with office games and competitions.
Very good place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, VAJune 19, 2018
I would start the day early, and don't stop until all work was finished. If I finished my work early I would go help someone else. Good management, if needed help they were there to help me. Never give up
Pros
Treated us very well
Cons
During the summer it very hot
Great place
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Madison, VAApril 23, 2018
Great place to make extra money during peak season (August to December) Nice people, works with you, super flexible. Great people to work with, and work for.
Company headed in wrong direction
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 11, 2018
While there are many positives to being employed at Plow & Hearth (location, casual environment) the overall direction of the company has strayed from its roots of quality product, outstanding customer service and investing in employee growth.
Pros
Casual work environment
Cons
Lack of appreciation for associates
Productive fun work environment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 8, 2018
Working for plow and hearth was exciting and fun they had contest each week and I like how they wasn't too fast paced it's based off how the employees moved to get their job done.
Pros
Paid breaks and referral bonuses
Cons
Short breaks
It provided a creative environment
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spotsylvania, VAApril 2, 2018
I had some of the most interesting customers, I loved creating displays and working with my team. I’m a fairy so I was home among the fairy gardens. This was a solid reliable job.
Pros
Cretive, room to grow, fun products, interesting customers
Cons
Low income, some product quality
Fast Paced Catalog environment
MERCHANDISE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Madison, VAMarch 26, 2018
I started working at Plow & Hearth as a customer Service agent. Then advanced my way to Merchandise Administrator. The people that I work with are great. There is a family vibe, and management is very encouraging. The hardest part of the job is the customer service end of things. Some customers are very upset when they call in so when talking to them, you have to empathize with them and make sure they know that they are valued as a customer, and you as a customer service agent are going to do what it takes to help them. The most enjoyable part of the job is viewing the new products or trying them out. It is rewarding to be able to tell a customer that I have seen and even held the product they are asking about, and know how to answer whatever questions they have.
Pros
Incentives are offered to employees
Retail
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 12, 2018
This is a retail store. I worked there as a seasonal associate. Perhaps this is a different experience during off season. Staff strong but manager weak.
Going out of business
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Madison, VAJanuary 11, 2018
A production MRG who is a push over when it comes to production . 2-3 years out of business unless some changes are made . ...............................................................
nothing else to add
Telephony Analyst/ Sr. Avaya Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, VADecember 16, 2017
Pleasant work place and friendly employees . management was very good, Pay was very good.
Company was purchased by another and reduced the staffing.

Enjoyed my time there.
Friendly
agent, seasonal (Former Employee) –  Madison, VADecember 14, 2017
The customers are what make Plow and Hearth.
I enjoyed interacting with the customers by phone
The pay rate was decent and one could make bonuses by
selling special items.
I think the company is well run. Happy place.
Pros
The pay
Cons
lack of advancement10.50
Offered a challenging but rewarding days work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, VADecember 1, 2017
Log in and field incoming sales and customer service calls. Assist customers with account setup, placement of orders, returns, track items

Enjoyable
Pros
Environment and coworkers
Cons
only part time during the summer
Bad place to work
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  oldbridge njOctober 14, 2017
They blame employees because there not making money. No yearly increase in pay no matter how hard you work or how good you are. Bad place to work.... They treat the employees like dirt.....
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
not
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Madison, VAOctober 4, 2017
Very stressful because of standards without regard for other areas in which an agent may be performing really well. Had employees sign illegal "contracts" and did not provide copies of same even upon request. In the call center agents were not even allowed to attend the Christmas luncheon except on every 5th year anniversary. Would not close the call center for the annual company picnic so that was then the only department in which employees could not attend.
Not a good company to work for!
Customer Service telephone sales (Former Employee) –  Madison, VASeptember 22, 2017
Disrespectful and abusive work environment. Micro-managing with much favortism. They have a horrible reputation in the region for mistreating their employees.
Pros
store discounts
Cons
too many to list
Typical call center work.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, VASeptember 17, 2017
When working in the call center you spend a lot of time trying to balance the customer's needs with your stats. As long as you offer products, adhere to attendance guidelines, and be efficient you will prosper at Plow & Hearth.
Pros
Discounts on products, free meals and events on occasion
Cons
Attendance Policy is strict, Must maintain good stats or you will be fired.
it was a difficult place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 30, 2017
Plow and Hearth was a good company to work for however the store management showed favoritism and lack of empathy. The manager was very self centered.
stress free work
PT Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 24, 2017
The product is unique and the selection is great to be able to sell to the customers. The management team does not micro-manage and they give the employees the freedom to use our creativity for displaying new merchandise.I think the best part of this job would be meeting and helping customers making decisions on their decor needs.
Pros
discount
Cons
not enough hours
Good place to start
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Madison, VAAugust 22, 2017
They will hire people for their first job, and do provide paid training. However once you are on the phones you receive very little direction. Managers will refuse to assist if they think the problem will come back to them.
Pros
Will hire without experience