PLS Financial Services Employee Reviews

fairly good
Teller (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2019
Alot of management changes in a short period of time.
Overall a fairly good company to work for.
The pay is not in the high end in compared to other companies.
I liked working there
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 17, 2019
It was a cool laid back sometimes fast pace very busy sometimes the people there are friendly and cool the management was cool sometimes need alittle work but they getting there.
Not a good company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILMarch 15, 2019
This company is in business to prey on the weak and poor people for financial gains. The company forces managers to give loans out to people who can barely pay them back but it will forever keep them in debt. Employees are just pawns to the company
Cons
The hardest part of the job
CSR Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 13, 2019
It was hard keeping up with cashing customers checks really fast cause you had to be careful not to mess up but you still had to keep customers happy.
Pros
could bring our own lunches
Cons
training wasn't always easy
Great
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Hazel Crest, ILMarch 12, 2019
This job majority of the time is fast paced. And you have to be good with multi tasking it's a lot of it. Tax time is really busy. And around the busy season u can not take a vacation.
Managers and company as a whole is terrible
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMarch 6, 2019
Literally a revolving door from tbe janitor the receptionist they dispose of people so easily and people quit quite often..............................
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everyrhing else
When I 1st started it was nice then they merged the stories together & everyone in my original team quit or got fired
Customer Service Representative & Notary Public (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 4, 2019
At the branch I was at they treated you like you didn't matter working there over a year and promised me up to five dollars an hour raise if I got my notary license and lasted over a year they gave me $.30 they also promised paid vacation time after one year I got nothing Management is horrible they even try and get you fired by stealing or making you cash obvious NSF checks to get you fired I wouldn't recommend this company for anyone who needs a secure job.
Pros
Hours aren't bad
Cons
They work you to death with little pay
Productive , independent , leadership
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 16, 2019
Pls Financial Services is a good job with being a shift Supervisor it comes with a lot and if you don’t have a team then it won’t work out at all. Be a team
Pros
Amazing customers
Cons
Short staff
Some employees you enjoy working with
CSR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2019
This is not a place to work if you are black because they get treated differently from everyone else because the majority of the people are Hispanic and blacks get treated totally different one manager told me she didn’t think I would last that long because they were all Hispanic
Pros
1st Friday of the month they buy us food
Cons
Short breaks
Poor workplace culture
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2019
Poor workplace culture, onboarding/training limited at the store level. Overall morale is quite low and everyone in management is open about how strongly they dislike their job. Compensation is poor and healthcare overpriced in comparison with other managerial roles in similar industry sectors.
Not too bad of a place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIFebruary 8, 2019
Small store so not a whole lot of business so you spent a lot of time just hanging out with coworkers which was pretty fun. Walked around town a lot to market to new customers so you got exercise every day. Trained well, sparked my interest for finance and loans. Good manager- still in contact with him to this day.
Pros
relaxed enviornment, decent pay, decent benefits
Cons
walking to market on really hot days, closed store due to lack of business
Managment is run like a cult.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILFebruary 6, 2019
Job is good for experience, not for the long haul. If you are looking for career advancement and for people that actually care for providing good customer service, this may not be it.. this is a job you go to strictly to get paid.
Fast paced enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Work hours are flexible the environment is very fast paced . management is consecutive on keeping safety for the employees. The work culture is exciting to be involved with.
Fun Environment
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2019
I used to verify checks from customers and once verified cashed them. Also i was doing money orders and making
money transfers worldwide. It was a good Environment with my co workers and managers.
Job Description
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 1, 2019
As an assistant manager I not only I am second in charge of the whole store but my duties on a daily basis are to make sure the work day is running smoothly without any problems. Cash good checks, get good fees, offer products and at the same time doing management duties such as answering calls, balancing paperwork, reviewing bad debt, hiring, scheduling and inventory.
Good place to get financial experience
Customer Service Representative/ Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 30, 2019
Fun and strict at the same time depending on your manager. It does take a thick skin or you’d develop one eventually. It’s very fast pace environment. Lots of customers coming in at once so usually once they get to your window they’ll be in a bad mood so knowing how to take charge of your transaction is crucial and knowing how to guide your customer is key other wise this would be too stressful. Very flexible on hours since it’s open 24/7 perfect for students and people with kids.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Standing up for whole shift
My job is great, I just wish the pay was higher
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hazel Crest, ILJanuary 24, 2019
I like my job it just don't pay enough, management is great.It's a fast paced job and the time goes by fast when you're busy. The job is pretty easy, the hardest part of the job is doing the car titles and plates because I'm not too familiar with doing that right now. Management usually do those.
Pros
Free lunch first friday of each month
Cons
Low pay
dont work there
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 15, 2019
working there is terrible no breaks worker always quite never hire new people only friends advance in company no raises no benefits nothing progressive
Pros
Cons
everythimg
Good customer services
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Helping customers and answering any questions they may have. Helping customers with services such as money orders, check cashing, western union, pls prepaid cards.
Pros
Free check cashing
Cons
Short breaks, somewhat frustrating
why did you learned
Check Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 9, 2019
I learn to go to work on time how to deal with customer in a respectful ay how to be good to the customer that the customer always is right to work in a clean space to work as a team player to count money to cash checks to take care of the customer needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PLS Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.