Pluckers Wing Bar Employee Reviews

My Honest to God Review
Server (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJanuary 18, 2019
I was a server and was making pretty decent money, there’s a lot of tests to take but it just makes you a stronger worker and your coworkers as well. The bad part though is not everyone makes it through those tests. With a high turnover rate that meant that we were understaffed so some of us were pulling doubles, which keep in mind is like 16 hours, with a short or no break. Those 16 hours you are constantly moving if it’s not serving a table then busy work will be found to do. And upon my application I requested 30 hours a week to go to school, but I was given 40+ hours even after talking to management about it because once again high turnover rate and understaffed. If you’re closing there are times you won’t finish until around 4-5am (restaurant closes at 2am) and if you’re really unlucky you get to open up the next day too. Management was incredibly two-faced and clearly played favorites. All in all I couldn’t handle the stress of working there.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Short breaks for long days
Horrible interview experience
N/A (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Very unprofessional and discriminating staff. Did not receive a fair and equal opportunity for an interview. After I contacted HR to follow up and was ignored. Warning to potential interviewers, do not interview with the Grapevine, TX location it is a waste of time!
Cons
Rude staff
Busy yet relaxed. excelent training, employee commited
Cook (Former Employee) –  Oak HillDecember 10, 2018
They seem to only hire people with experience who fit their criteria, so once hired the management is more relaxed. Its a busy restaurant but the staff is trained and usually everyone works pretty well. Everyone BOH gets a shift meal and a break every shift. The company owners and upper management focus on making sure the employees are happy. This is a clean restaurant. There is an overall positive attitude atmosphere with the employees and managers that doesn't exist in so many other restaurants.
Pros
relaxed positive atmosphere. competitive pay. good training
Cons
busy, on your feet all day. constantly moving.
Lack of Communication
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Selma, TXDecember 6, 2018
when offered the position, i was promised the opportunity to grow with the company but it has been 6 months and haven't even started training. New hires would train for a week before beginning line training and then will be terminated. I don't like being on the back burner.
Pros
pay and discounts
Cons
scheduling and no short breaks
Awful general manager
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 26, 2018
The managers are extremely lazy. One of them stays on their phone during the shift and won't help with anything. Their egos are huge and they need to be deflated. It's definitely easy to make money here but it's not worth it when the managers are lazy. A big thing about Pluckers, is that the "coaches" are a part of the team and they aren't supposed to act as if they are above everyone else... That's a huge lie when it comes to this location.
Pros
Money
Cons
Lazy managers
Loved working for them and Love their food
Server (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 14, 2018
Work enviornment is awesome, eveyone is friendly and outgoing.
The manager Chris is understanding.
Discounts on food when you work , and free meals when you work a double shift.
They have Christmas parties and "pluckers games"
The Killeen TX building is very well run. everything is kept neat clean organized and sanitized in the back of the house and the food is amazing.

Manger is amazing with customer complaints and reasonable.
Pros
free food on doubles, and a awesome boss
Cons
making no money
Fast Paced, Fun Work Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2018
Pluckers is a premier wing and beer sports bar. It is THE place to go to watch sports, enjoy some time with your friends and enjoy some really great wings.

Staff should expect to be busy almost always. As soon as the doors open guests want to be here, especially during football season and basketball season. It's an "on your feet" kind of job - fast paced and requires calm under pressure, multi-tasking and a fun personality.

The culture of Pluckers is a balance of work and fun. The owners run multiple contests throughout the year with excellent prizes (Nintendo switch, $250 Amazon gift cards, Beats headphones, etc.) for top sellers and stores. Two times a year they close all locations and host a Christmas Party and a Field Day where each market competes in various fun activities to win bragging rights and trophies (kickball, sand volleyball, three legged race, lip-synching competitions, etc.).

Managers are called "Coaches" because they don't sit in an office, but are on the floor connecting with guests (not customers, guests), developing staff and working alongside them just like a Coach would on a sports team.

Overall, the pay is good, the hours are flexible, upward mobility and opportunity for advancement is easy and it's a great place to work.
Pros
Employee discounts on food, flexible hours, upward mobility
Cons
High volume stores, fast paced environment can be stressful
Consistent service, prioritization, and management
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 10, 2018
There are certain times of the day and certain days of the week that tend to get pretty busy and I'd say its pretty consistent every week. Overtime you get good at being able to prioritize and know how to manage seating. The management is pretty good and keeping up with the employees and making sure to try and accommodate to peoples needs if a problem arises. Sometimes the hardest part is trying to stay focused and not get agitated or flustered when it gets super busy because then it just makes it harder. And you also have to take when you first start and make a 70+ and after training you have to make a 100 or else you can't work there anymore. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the place.
Pros
Easy going management, discount on food
Cons
Sometimes you work long hours, miscommunication when requesting off, no PTO, you have to make a 100 on a menu test
Was okay
Server (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXNovember 6, 2018
Wouldn’t recommend this job to any of my friends the management isn’t very good just because they have there favorites. Which isn’t fair to anybody else in the work environment.
Pros
Free food whenever you work doubles
Cons
Short breaks was too much for a second job
Fun place to work. Lots of events every week. Career advancement options.
Server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2018
If you like fast-paced jobs and always having something constructive to do, then this place would be great for you. The hours can be tiring if you are not a night-time person. This job was always fun, and offered tons of incentives for it's employees as well as it's guests. I have never had a dull day working at this establishment. Definitely would recommend working here if you have good work ethic and time on your hands to want to make some money.
Pros
Discounts on quality food. Offers lots of restaurant knowledge.
Cons
Short breaks. Long/late hours.
Bad experience
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 25, 2018
Management very poor. They played a lot of favorites and would fire someone for a specific reason but kept others who were guilty of the same thing. Even talking to corporate did nothing to change this. They really don't care about their staff if they didn't like you. Would not suggest working here. Even after a year of working here nothing changed.
Pros
Easy job
Poor/corrupt management
Server (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXOctober 18, 2018
When I first started working here it seemed like a great opportunity but then quickly after that I realized how terrible this place is. It’s like working for a cult. You get written up for any little thing you did wrong and management is absolutely horrible. They pretend to care you and your needs but really all that matters to them is that their butts are covered so they don’t get in trouble by corporate. There are just so many reasons I could list that would make you never want to apply but I would be here all day typing them. Save yourself the headache and stress and don’t apply here. Cause if you do anyway, you probably won’t be able to keep your job longer than a few months cause they are always trying to find reasons to fire people.
Cons
Some co workers were cool
Like cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
I asked for a transfer from management because I didn’t like the store I worked at and got denied because I was a valuable cook to them bs !!!!! I hated working with the lazy people and management never told them anything they would just tell me to hurry up
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Management is trash, people are lazy
Super busy and great managers
Server (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Great place to work for! Awesome managers that really care about employees. Fun place to work at with discounts. Very busy so you make good money but long shift and hours.
Pros
Great management, friendly staff, busy, discounts
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Fast Paced Competitve environment
Front of House Manager (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 31, 2018
Pluckers has been a great place for me but there is not hours that work well with having a family if you are in management. Servers and bartenders are expected to work in fast pace, non stop, busy. They make great money but hours can be long. THey have a great employee appreciation side. Expectations are high.
Pros
50% off to free meals, good money, advancement opportunities
Cons
no vision insurance, long hours
Progressive and fun place to work
Server / Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 29, 2018
We were pushed to do our best, and still had fun doing it. We played games to sell contest drinks & Pluckers Club memberships, and had a very team oriented mind set. Coworkers were often friends outside of work as well
Pros
Free food on a double, half food on single shift. Better benefits with promotions
Cons
Short breaks on weekends, often understaffed
Very fun place to work at very great play all the time you need you can work
Fry Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 17, 2018
Pluckers he's a very nice bar you can get unlimited hours it's easy to Advanced they give a lot of raises you don't have to worry about tattoos piercing hair color criminal record drug use or anything of that nature it's a nice place to work all around I would recommend it to anyone
Server - Great money, high stress, high turnover
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJuly 30, 2018
Extremely high volume restaurant with a staff that turns over weekly. You will have to do a lot of lip reading to get orders as the entire restaurant is deafeningly loud. Expect to take on 15,20, and 30 tops all by yourself, or with a newbie just out of training, in addition to other tables. Management was inconsistent at best, and rarely on the server's side when it came to guest problems. If you need the money, this place is tolerable, but only for awhile. I wouldn't suggest anyone work here for multiple years, as the opportunities for advancement are few and far between and the work life balance can be brutal if you give them open scheduling. The biggest issue with this restaurant in my opinion is how the managers drive the staff. It was rule by constant fear and intimidation, and any day could be your last with how they chose to enforce their rules. The side work that you had to do on shift was either extremely easy or very time consuming, and managers would haze new employees with the most difficult side work for weeks. The clientèle is your general beer drinking sports fan, families, and teenagers. During friday night rushes, you will be sat with incomplete parties where maybe 30% of the people are there. There are bussers and food runners, but they are only scheduled during peak hours. The rest of the time it is the servers responsibility or the trainees. trust me, you dont want the trainees running your food. If you are able to power your way through all these things, the money is excellent, and i mean excellent, and that is about the only good thing about this job.  more... I also met some of the coolest, funniest people I've ever known while working at Pluckers, but that is a bit beside the point.

Approach with caution, and have a back up plan.
Pros
great money, always busy
Cons
management style, company attitude, lots of side work, high turnover
Advancement
Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 27, 2018
Great job if your looking to advance. Its a good job to have during the busy seasons but when it's slow it can really hurt your pockets. Makes for a great part-time job
exemplary management
Host/seater (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2018
Working at Pluckers was really intense but I learned a lot from it. Managers were really knowledgeable and made everything worked in a timely and proper manner.
Pros
discounts for food
Cons
a lot of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pluckers Wing Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight