Pluralsight

Working at Pluralsight: 24 Reviews

United States24 reviews

Great place to work and the culture is awesome

Featured review

Pluralsight selected this as a representative review
Management has been great and supportive. C-level team has been giving weekly updates since we started working from home because of the pandemic, and they are really open about telling us the state of affairs at the company (as much as they can) to put our minds at rest. I can count on always learning new things at work. I miss being back in the office and being able to talk with my team, whom I love, and having lunch with them on Wednesdays.

Pros

Free lunch Wednesdays pre-COVID, benefits (including 100% free mental health coverage), great culture, actively trying to be better about diversity and inclusiveness, most people are super open to feedback (good and constructive), willing to have hard conversations so they can be better

Cons

sometimes it can be difficult to switch to a different position or team

Good place to work. unlimited PTO is very nice and allows for good work/life balance. Pay and compensation could better. Overall culture is ok not great.

Lots of changes

Company going through lots of changes. Commissions being restructured and benefits being reduced. I believe the product is still excellent but needs to be priced lower to stay competitive with the competition.

Pros

Cool office, good employees, excellent platform

Cons

Lots of turnover, job security and reduced pay.

Just another glorified call center

As someone with 10 years of sales experience I was required to start as a BDR with a potential to move to AE after a year. If they would have spent 6 weeks on product training they would have access to a strong salesperson instead of a BS lead generator.Leadership is poor at best, care more about the company than anything personal that may arise. Unrealistic expectations in numerous categories. Lack of integrity. List goes on.***Unlimited PTO is definitely not unlimited. Also one of the worst onboarding and training programs I've ever seen. Ironic for a company that sells training software...

Pros

Paid health insurance

Cons

Unlimited pto that you can't use, lack of value in meetings, poor pay plan for amount of revenue generated

Decent workplace

Salary is not as competitive.Office in Draper is new and beautiful.Wishes employee to return to office after July 1 2021.Benefits are standard at best.

Pros

Office space is new

Cons

Grand title with mediocre salary

There is a reason they are going back to private ownership

Sales is a fiefdom, where you are either in the club or out. Territory assignments are arbitrary and eternally delayed. Getting a territory and quota more than a quarter after it actually starts is a total joke. Corporate leadership is more concerned with placating snowflake Gen Z, than providing real growth opportunities.

Pros

Snacks and lunches.

Cons

Micromanaging, backstabbing culture.

fun workplace

Lots of great talent there. Lots of cronyism culture is great and has a lot of nice perks management communicates pretty frequent and often. Former sales leader made some bad decisions

An amazing place with an amazing vision

When I first came into contact with the Pluralsight culture I wanted to be there. It's an amazing place to work that is dedicated to something bigger. You're surrounded by amazing people who are very smart.

Great Flexible environment

I enjoy working at Pluralsight. They have a great talented team of people that work hard to bring online learning to everyone. I have had the opportunity to watch this amazing company grow for the past 6 years and am amazed at the growth and potential

Was amazing, still pretty good

After going public, Pluralsight still retains a lot of what made it great, but with ever-increasing levels of bureaucracy and administrative overhead--common to any large public company. I personally prefer less administrative overhead, mostly because each additional level of "governance" slows down the company, and it's unclear that the costs are outweighed by the benefits. Benefits are still generally quite good, including unlimited time off (within reason as long as you're getting your work done and working with your manager), fully paid decent family health insurance, equity in the company, decent salary, and flexible working arrangements (depending on leader and group). On the downside the annual raises can be small to nonexistent, depending on how your current wage compares to market. If you make as much or more than mean market then you won't receive a raise. If you make below-market by some percentage then you can receive up to 6%, or less. Leveling up, while possible, is hard, and the reward uncertain. Some colleagues have reported that they leveled up, yet the organization didn't want to include a raise with an increased level because it would be over market. Equity, while still awarded to new hires and existing employees each year is declining, which means the overall value of the compensation package is falling. The people you'll work with at Pluralsight are generally great: hard-working, intelligent, thoughtful, fun, honest, and passionate about their work. There's still a lot of opportunity at Pluralsight to make an impact. Diversity and Inclusion -

Pros

Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), equity, Unlimited Vacation, paid family health insurance, 401K match, flexible work arrangements

Cons

Diversity and Inclusion isn't truly inclusive, becoming a big public corporation with a lot layers of administration and bureaucracy, small raises, diminished amounts of awarded equity

Remote job

Had a lot of fun working with PluralSight. It was interesting work and the compensation was good compared to the jobs available in other places online. Very nice people to work with and prompt payments.

Great Company but not much room for some to be promoted

I loved Pluralsight, still do, but have given up ever being promoted even though I have never missed hitting my quota and put ethics and work above all else for 40+ hours a week

n/a

previously working with administrative systems made the transition to pluralsight much easier. It is a difficult site in terms of access and admin control.

Productive and fun place with ping pong table.

Great culture with a good work/place balance to help maintain focus. Free lunches every Wednesday with a social atmosphere. Loved this company and management.

Losing the amazing factor

For some time this was the best place I've ever worked for and truly had everything that I was looking for in a workplace. Yet over time things changed, I'm not sure if it all had to do with going public or from the large amounts of new hiring taking place. The qualities that I enjoyed as an employee and which made me think I wasn't going to ever look for another company have greatly diminished. Now I find myself looking to see what's out there. This doesn't mean that it's a horrible place to work, but I'm curious to see if I can find those qualities and vibe that seems to be slipping from Pluralsight.

Great company to work with.

The only thing that is worrisome is the fast growth and the multiple layoffs due to combining companies and programs. Culture is by far the best in a small fast moving company..

Pros

Fun fast moving culture

Cons

Too much work not enough balance

Amazing benefits, less amazing culture

Pluralsight really cares about its employees. The benefits are great, and the compensation is competitive. The culture is very encouraging of entitlement though. People throw tantrums over the silliest things. The company spends a truly stupid amount of money on making literally everything on brand. The company also doesn't seem to know what to do with data. I've seen graphs that show no trend whatsoever labeled "Look at the steady improvement!" Management doesn't like criticism (constructive or otherwise) and is more focused on everyone feeling good.

Pros

all the food you could want, unlimited PTO, good health insurance

Cons

people are very out of touch, culture theater

Fast growing company

Fast growing company with a cool product and uber talented team. The product is really good and they have amazing content in professional technology learning.

Great company

working with pluralsight as an instructor is a great job to supplement your income, course work created is managed with your schedule. perfect for anyone with a busy schedule or family.

Fun and challenging place to work

Most of the management team is great. The company works to make it a great place to work. Very trendy culture. Provides a valuable service at a reasonable cost.

Pros

Stocked fridge in the breakroom

Cons

Very trendy

Fun, exciting and great co-workers

Everyday was a new day with opportunities to help others, both internally and externally. It was a team environment with focus to grow the company and move the needle. Communication was great, sometimes even over communication from the top down, and everyone always had an open door, even if it was just to say "Hello". The mission was clear, and C level constantly communicated clearly the health of the company, weekly. The autonomy and trust that leads provided each person insured that each person could contribute in a creative way, bringing ideas, methods and experience that was heard by everyone. This provided empowerment, and being able to have open, constructive conversations without fear. Failures were growing experiences, and successes where opportunities to do better. Hands down, one of the best, modern, and emerging companies I have ever worked for.

Pros

Weekly "family" lunch, Unlimited PTO, company paid health benefits, 401K match

Cons

None, really.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pluralsight. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
4.3Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight