PlusONE Communications Employee Review

View all PlusONE Communications reviews

Productive but not very organized!
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 17, 2014
A typical day here for me was a 10 1/2 hour shift with two fifteen minute breaks and an half hour lunch but in between those intervals it was just hectic. We took back to back phone calls and you have a goal of trying to make each phone call 5-8 minutes long. The job entailed solving the customers problem with their internet, cable, or home telephone and then trying to sell or upgrade services, all while obtaining amazing customer service. Co-workers here either made it nearly impossible to enjoy your job or they made you love to be there, there was no in between. The area is not a very safe, pretty much in the middle of a ghetto city which could describe why some people in the work place would completely ruin your day. The hardest part of this job to me would have been putting up with all of the co-workers and upper management who did not know how to do their job. Not to make it seem like every person there was terrible, because they all were not, just the most who were could have or will ruin the atmosphere for you. The best part of this job though would also be the few people who become long lasting friends, because they made being there with co-workers and customers who tend to use disturbing language, somewhat enjoyable. I will miss some of the people from this previous workplace but I am happier to move on to a more organized, successful industry.
Pros
Breaks, Healthcare, and Dress-Down Days.
Cons
Bad Area, Most Co-workers, and Upper Management.

Other PlusONE Communications Employee Reviews

Going downhill
Tier 1 Internet Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Akron, OH 44301March 28, 2018
Job started out alright. Turn over rate is high so trainers don't have a lot of experience in their position or with the job itself. Supervisors are very knowledgable and easy to work with. They want you to make sales but have taken away nearly everything that was used to make sales previously. And now they are pushing the use of a program that is consistently wrong, inaccurate, or completely useless as a requirement of the job. They are attempting to make it so you need no training for the job, probably due to the massive turnover rate. The pay is decent as long as you are in compliance, being 1 second over on breaks will count against you. There is no leeway. And you need to be on the phones 98% of the time you are there or you lose 30% of your pay. If you call off for absolutely any reason it counts against you, so if you or a family member have to go to the hospital then be prepared to lose that days pay on top of 30% of your pay for 2 weeks. And if you have a family, get insurance elsewhere. Because for a family of 3 it's $1500 a month. Employee only is decently priced at 170. Basically they want people who are single and have no families as the company says F-You to anybody with a family.
Pros
Can be decent pay, good peers and supervisors
Cons
Punished for having a family. bad policies.
Unprofessional/Disrespectful
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 8, 2018
I worked at plus one communications for almost 2 years and at first it was ok .. but over time I noticed that I was getting treated like a robot. I was barely ever able to go to the bathroom, the managers were very rude and everyone who worked there slept with one another. There was always drama and not only that but the pay is very stupid. If you're there every for your pay period but something comes up such as sickness or even death in the family you don't make the $14 an hour. They're not at all understanding that we're humans and that things come up. There has been numerous of occasions where I witnessed the workers being cursed out. Overall if you want to be miserable. Work at plus one