Plymouth Rock Assurance Employee Reviews

Wonderful People
Property Damage Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2019
They set unrealistic expectations and cannot keep a steady staff to properly filter and handle claims. They do not pay well enough for what they ask of their adjusters.
Very good place to start
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJMarch 14, 2019
They give alot of focus getting you ready for your job! People are always available to help you when you need help with tasks. You can grow and learn alot here
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Management is a bit out of touch with compensation
Progressive company that valued employees
Claims Supervisor, Litigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2019
Unlike most insurance companies, company put customer and their experience at the forefront of all actions. Recruited and retained talented employees.
Pros
Strong HR, dynamic CEO, progressive and forward thinking
Cons
Cost of living in city
The hardest part of the job....
PD Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 24, 2018
Working the high volume of claims can be very overwhelming, and very stressful most times. Customers can also be difficult to work with, and if you are a check list type person, then this job is not for you. The work never stops coming in, and can seem endless for the tasks that must be completed with every claim. Very stressful, have to learn quickly how to time manage in the best way possible.
Very great experience
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJNovember 16, 2018
I had a wonderful experience with everyone that worked there. They gave me an opportunity to succeed and more than enough tools to excel at my job. I left because of other stressors
Greta place to work with kind people and friendly atmosphere
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJNovember 14, 2018
Great workplace culture that cares about customers as well as their employees, easy going work place, great management, everyone is very helpful to make sure you succeed
Pros
great benefits
training, vacation time and merit incentives
Senior Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 29, 2018
the company should revise its pay scale so that long time employees can get a merit increase and not be capped at their current salaries.

the company does promote from within but new supervisors need more internal mgmt. training because they are not peers with some of their staff.

Vacation time for long term employees is capped at 21 days, so if you work 15 years or 30 years you have the same time off.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
mgmt recieves more financial incentives then regular employees
Typical Corporate environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 26, 2018
Flat hierarchical structure. Not much room for advancement.Company touts a positive company culture but does not follow it. That's about all I have to say about that.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
poor commnications
There is no money here
Licensed Florida (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2018
My opinion about Plymouth rock assurance is that the company overall tries to create a good work environment. The people that I work with their or genuinely good-hearted fun nature people. Great diversity from older to younger with varying ethnic backgrounds. Direct management tries to be helpful and supportive as you going through the learning curve of understanding what it means to be an insurance sales rep on the phone. But one of my major issues, as I reflect on my experience there, is that the training was severely lacking in that as a lay person coming into the home and auto insurance business I felt that idea that you can just watch a couple of slide presentations and do a couple of quizzes was considered training. In my previous experience working in other corporations, training was hands-on in that you were giving real-life scenarios doing your training sessions that would better prepare you for what it's really like to be on the phone answering questions and servicing customer needs. And sadly this was not the case and for the most part, you were left on your older try to figure it out on your own. If your brand new into the insurance business selling home and auto insurance I would recommend that you try one of the larger companies in your area because of Plymouth best works for those who have previous industry experience. At the end of the day, this is a sales job in their sales numbers that you have to perform and produce and the learning curve would be a great hindrance to anyone who's trying to come into this industry and be on top of former if they didn't have  more... any previous work experience.  less
Cons
Please read review
My experience
Customer Service Representative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2018
I have experience in Customer Service, Data Entry, Client Management Systems, Microsoft Office, etc. Working under pressure is a strong suit of mine, and I am able to stay focused on the task at hand while performing others. Working with clients one on one has been the area where I exceed the most. Multi-tasking has also been a requirement of my past positions. I have had to interact closely with accounting, marketing, and IT departments. This has developed strong interpersonal skills. These skills and my experience allow me to interact well with clients, helping to build excellent professional relationships.
Pros
Great place to excel
Cons
Working in Boston is a tough commute
Hard to say
Inside Sales Associated (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJSeptember 8, 2018
There is a big turn over on the sales floor. They seem to like who they like and make others feel ill at ease. I as an older employee and it seemed to me that they were experiencing some buyers remorse over hiring me to begin with. It's a great company if you fit in.
Pros
excellent benefits
Part-time, hourly rate is low, work from home
Claim's Techincan (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAAugust 13, 2018
The average employee has been there for 15 years, so these particular people can adjust to this type of working environment, there's a place for everyone
Average Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 7, 2018
Good benefits, nice co-workers, casual business environment. Moving to Woodbridge, NJ which may prove difficult for many employees who commute daily. On the whole -- an average company no better nor worse than any other.
Pros
Working from home when the need arises
Cons
Upper management can be smug
Good Work Life balance
Total Loss Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2018
Work at plymouth rock was awful. Management was super conservative and their staff is very underpaid for the work they do. Work/life balance is good, but that's about it,
Sales just wasn't for me
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJMay 23, 2018
I'll be honest, the sales environment is stressful. You have to be prepared to make a lot of hard sells and be really great at closing. I'm not good at those things, so I personally struggled in this position. You also need to be comfortable with a very hands-on management style and continued training, and obsessive use of metrics to measure your productivity/success.

However, Plymouth Rock was an absolutely lovely place to work. Everyone I worked with was incredibly kind, professional, and friendly. The coworkers were the best part of the job. And the benefits are fantastic.

P.S. I personally felt that the base salary was very low, especially given how difficult it is to meet sales goals and start garnering a bonus.
Pros
Benefits, Coworkers, Short commute
Cons
Stressful sales environment, low base salary
ITs good Place to work learnt lot of things in terms of Technology
Web Application Developer (JAVA/J2EE) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 11, 2018
I love to work in this company. I learnt lot of technology in this company fun working with team and my manager is really really cool guy. lots of training will happen in this company
Truly a learning experience
Senior Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2018
Team members were very cooperative and very resourceful in getting job completed. Works above and beyond expectations. Very hard working team members.
Loved it
Claims Adjuster I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 10, 2018
The people here were very nice. There was not a person I didn't get along with on a daily basis.My manager was very good as well. He was a friend and a manager which is a good balance.
Gym Benefits
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 10, 2018
There is a gym in the lobby of the building to which the company encourage employees to take advantage of the benefits and support a healthy lifestyle.
Environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJMarch 15, 2018
Everyone seems to work well together. The company mission and goals are pretty clear. Customer service is address concerns of employees in a fair manner.
Pros
Many company endorsed events.
Cons
Abrupt and rude SIU Director/Manager