Plymouth State University Employee Reviews

Average place to work
Building Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NHApril 18, 2018
Co-workers are great. Management is hardly around. The college students are respectful. The job is fast paced but not hard by any means. The hours are good too if you are used to waking up early.
Pros
Free college courses if you are employed for more than six months.
Cons
Some members of management can be awful.
Prefer not to write one
Residential Life Community Advisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NHFebruary 5, 2018
Due to currently working here and leaving on good terms, I will not write a review for my role at Plymouth State University. As a student and an employee, it has been a great experience where I gained a lot of skills and proficiencies.
A fun and enjoyable workplace with a positive culture for growth
Assistant Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJanuary 15, 2018
The athletic department was a very positive work environment with a friendly staff full of laughter and good times. A great place to work as a family-oriented individual.
Teaching Lecturere
Assistant Teaching Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHOctober 29, 2017
I worked as a teaching lecturer for the adventure education department for the foundations of adventure ed class. It is a great job and the professors I work with are excellent and supportive.
A college in NH
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHOctober 4, 2017
A quiet university in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. I enjoyed my time there very much, It is a small school so pay is entry level and the politics of the workplace get fierce.
Not student centered, no care for employees
Residence Director (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHOctober 2, 2017
Cabinet level and presidential leadership is poor at best. No workplace morale, and very little professional development opportunities for young professionals.
Fun workplace
Intramural Sports Official (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHAugust 23, 2017
I enjoyed working with other students and enjoying sports with the campus. There was a small amount of room for advancement but for a college part-time position it was fun.
Coaching in the NCAA
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHAugust 16, 2017
I learned a lot about football at Plymouth but the pay was not good at all. Definitely over worked with minimal sleep. Quit because it wasn't for me
Pros
Loved Football
Cons
Over worked
Very slow workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJuly 8, 2017
I worked at the Lamson Library in Plymouth as a Customer Service associate and Computer Repair. Due to the amount of students that visit the library, the job can either be somewhat busy or EXTREMELY slow.
Pros
A lot of free time during work
Cons
Can be extremely boring
Continuous learning and networking opportunities
Computer Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMay 9, 2017
As a tutor, the best part of the job is being continuously refreshed on courses previously taken. I believe being a tutor/teacher enables a person to learn and teach at the same time.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Can get boring where there is no one for you to help
Pleasant place to work with appropriate compensation
Administrative & Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMay 2, 2017
The work culture at Plymouth State University is predominately positive. The low stress and culture of supporting work and home life balance make this employer a good employment prospect for job seekers in this geographic area.
Pros
Reasonable work culture and fair compensation
productive and excellent work environment
Prog. Spprt Spec. / AT Graduate Course Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHApril 26, 2017
I really enjoyed my career at PSU. The department as a whole, was like a second family to me. I learned many professional skills while employed there. The only complaint I would have, is that I felt underutilized there and not challenged enough in my work. I would have loved the opportunity to continue my career there and advance, within the department, but unfortunately, due to budget restrictions, my position was cut before I was able to do so.
Pros
the faculty treated each other like family
Cons
wasn't full time
PSU: Great Town, Big Changes
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMarch 21, 2017
PSU has gone through a number of changes over the last 3 years. Enrollment is up, as well as renovations, change in employees, and ultimate change in leadership. Unfortunately, many decisions being made are seemingly knee-jerk reactions and therefore are leaving many holes in the services the university once offered. It appears they are moving faster than they are capable of communicating and making changes before thinking.

If all goes according to plan, PSU will be a great place to work in a few years. Right now they are not taking care of their employees, and decisions are not student-centered.
Pros
Great benefits, very healthy campus, great town/community
Cons
Poor management, decision makers are uninformed
Great for specific job opportunists
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHFebruary 27, 2017
When i worked at PSU this was as a temporary summer job handling a writing camp for young students. The camp itself was very fun and I do believe the students came out with more experience in writing while making some good friends along the way.
As for working at PSU, it fit perfectly considering I am an English major and the writing camp allowed me to flex my muscles. As I can only write on the bias I currently have please consider for yourselves how much you'd enjoy working in a position related to your own specialized field.
Great
Mailroom Staff, Central Receiving (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHDecember 8, 2016
Great school and a really amazing part time or full time job. I would go out of my way to recommend Plymouth State University.
Pros
Everyting
Cons
Great people to work with
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJuly 27, 2016
PSU is a great place to work. I have learned so much from faculty who have gone before me. There is an incredible amount of help with technology. This is especially helpful, because of the need to continue to learn new technology all the time.
Excellent laboratory experience for a first year student
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHJune 3, 2016
I was lucky to be able to work under the Professor I worked for in her lab. The experiments run were very easy to understand for a student in the science department. I become good friends with the two other students I worked with in the lab, the three of us cooperated on the experiments and collaborated to analyze and interpret results. Having this laboratory experience was not only enjoyable, but will also help me when it comes time to find other work opportunities within my field of studies.
Best school I have ever been too
Career Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMay 31, 2016
Great teachers, students, environment, and all around awesome place to spend your 4 years at school. Would do anything to go back. You learn a whole lot about yourself and I think with Plymouth State, I would not have wanted to learn from anywhere else.
Pros
Best place on earth
Cons
post-graduation depression
Turnaround is high
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMay 20, 2016
It's easy to be taken advantage of working at Plymouth State University. Instead of extensive job training, they throw you to the wolves. As someone who worked for the office and saw all of the turnover, I saw the atmosphere and productivity decrease immensely.
Thought Provoking
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHMay 18, 2016
It's always said that you learn something new everyday, and getting to teach during dance pedagogy definitely proved that right. I learned something different about being a dance teacher each time I got to work with new and engaging students.