PMA USA Employee Reviews

The Opportunity is incredible for an person with self initiative and motivation to make a big income
Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 7, 2019
I have been with PMA for several years and am making well over 6 figures. I have found that I have a great work / life balance and am able to "write my own check" with my business activity.
This company has a proven go to market system that works. I knew nothing about selling insurance before coming on board. I love my team and the ethical standards with which they do business. I would highly recommend this opportunity for anyone who has an entrepreneurial spirit a history of hard work and wants to make a name for themselves.
Pros
Offer Access to eisting business accounts so you do not have to pay for leads and cold call
Cons
Want to see even more group products available to groups
Run don’t look back
Sales (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 21, 2019
This is a joke of a company , nobody is truthful .
If your not part of the family that has your state you might as well just quit now . This is the greatest group of lying cut throat people I’ve ever had to work with .
There is so much cost involved and zero return .
You would make more money trading baseball cards .
Pros
Nothing worst of the worst ..
Cons
Everything just stay away .
good full time
Premier Medical Associate (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 26, 2018
typical day come in early shift 8am clock in get straight on the phone picking up calls only think is your coworkers think they can run one another and your boss which your own boss is probably there only 3days out of the week. good pay and hours
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
staff sucks
Commission only job
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 27, 2018
It was hard for me to work in a commission based environment. I did not like knocking on doors all day to try and sell insurance. All the gas and hotel expenses add up pretty fast. If you are not selling a lot of insurance you can get behind in a hurry. It just wasn't the right place for me.
Wish I would have started years ago.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 15, 2018
I am U.S MILITARY COMBAT VETERAN who spent over three years in Afghanistan. I am extremely grateful for PMAUSA and Washington National Insurance. They gave me an opportunity of a lifetime.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS COMPANY HAS ANY BAD REVIEWS!!

Those that work hard have unlimited income!! I can only assume that most of the poor reviews were individuals that lack the confidence and or fortitude to succeed. SUCCESS does not happen in the comfort zone!!

If you are motivated this is the best insurance company to work for/with.

Please take this review seriously!!
Pros
Unlimited Income, Complete goals = Advancement opportunity, Competitive
Cons
Must be self motivated
Life Changing; But not for the lazy!
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 19, 2018
I have been with PMA USA since July 2016. Prior to this opportunity, I had ZERO prior sales experience. A successful career with PMA USA is not for the lazy. This isn't a place where one can hide beneath a hourly/salary wage. Instead, by earning through Commission based pay, I am able to earn MY WORTH. PMA provides an interest free loan to beginning agents which is also a significant help. I was promoted to District Manager upon my one-year anniversary so advancement opportunities are an open door! Bonus structure is super and the year-end Sales Celebration is always a blast! If you think you have what it takes to have a career with PMA, I recommend starting today!
Pros
Team environment, great pay & bonuses
Cons
Healthcare
Excellent Team Work & Comfortable Work Environment
Human Resources Internship (Former Employee) –  Piketon, OHSeptember 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time working there but it was only a 3 month interenship so could only work until the end of the summer. I would one hundred percent recommend their job to anybody who can get on at the A-plant. If it wasn’t an internship, I would still be out there.
Pros
Paid on lunch, Good pay, Team work & safety oriented, Great co workers & managers overall
Cons
Distance I had to travel each day
Challenging, fast paced, and interesting work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 6, 2018
Working at NAVAIR managing Germany's FMS case has been an incredibly rewarding experience. A typical work day can consist of building briefing materials, taking minutes, drafting statements of work, tracking down various engineering disciplines in response to RFI's, writing letters for various approvals, participating and setting up telecons and meetings, processing foreign visit requests, drafting agendas, tracking actions items, etc. The hardest part is 'herding cats' as there are so many disciplines involved. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the German customers are happy and you know you have helped make a difference for them.
Pros
Challenging and Fast Paced
Cons
Short Staffed
Very relaxed work place
Longshoreman (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2018
Alot of different jobs to do .. work we you want to .. great environment.. non stressful ... great benfits for you and your family members... alot of growing opportunities
Pros
Get benefits
Cons
Hard on body
Horrible, horrible comedy too work for..
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 24, 2018
Abysmal. If commissioned based pay is what you're looking for, find it literally anywhere else. I've worked with several companies that do the Life/Supplemental insurance and PMA USA is by far the worst.

They set you up at a "worksite" which has been hit every single year for the past decade and expect you to interrupt every employee there to get a sale. The policies are junk, the implementation is antiquated, and the management was useless.

Too often I found myself making a 3 hour drive at 5 in the morning to set up for a zero day and driving three hours back. Also, you're always going in pairs so you find yourself competing with your own team to sit with a client.

They offer a series of "new agent" loans to help get started. Beware. They don't tell you these have interest and bite you when you can't make any money.

There are plenty of solid companies to work for in this industry. This is not one of them.
Pros
Cons
Scam
Amazing Opportunity for Teachable, Hard Workers!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Nebraska & KansasAugust 22, 2018
The training is second to none. The managers are very helpful and are invested in your success. Before PMA USA I had never been with a company that truly cared about my success and was passionate about making me better! If you are willing to put in the time and energy to make yourself better and learn the Playbook, then there's no better place to work!
You get paid what you're worth!
Pros
Time Freedom, Bonuses, Trips, Incentives, Be Your Own Boss
Cons
Must Be Self-Motivated
Challenging, yet rewarding in so many ways!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Nebraska and KansasAugust 17, 2018
If you enjoy the challenge of a competitive and fast paced work environment, this is the place for you! The best part is, your effort will actually be rewarded here, unreal rewards, weekly bonuses, monthly, bonuses, annual bonus, recognition, free trips, unlimited income potential, the sky is the limit! If you are tired of the boring, 'same old' same old daily routine, BREAK OUT with PMA USA/Washington National where no single day is the same!
Pros
Unlimited income potential, 4 day work week, recognition, incredible training, bonuses, trips!
Cons
Must be self motivated, willing to work hard, willing to travel.
Life Changing Opportunity
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 9, 2018
PMA USA has developed the best supplemental products in the country. They offer unlimited income, advancement, 4 day work week, quality leaders in the business that offer training and create a motivating work environment.

life changing!!!!
I wish I had found this company 20 years ago
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma and KansasAugust 8, 2018
What I love about PMA (the marketing arm of Washington National) is that we generally work MON-THUR. Four long days and then a three day weekend. In not quite four years, I've been promoted from agent to Dist. Manager to Reg. Manager. Was making six figures by my 2nd year and because of residuals and overrides, my income will grow year after year. I am an independent contractor for them.

At first, the idea of being 100% commission, and no benefits seemed unattractive, but when the person who recruited me (whom I knew from a previous job) kept showing me his weekly checks, I knew I had to try it out. I run everything through my business (car and hotel and food expenses on the road) and write off substantial amounts via my accountant.

The travel can be hard at times, but really, before you know it, Thur is here and that evening, I'm homeward bound. On SUN, I can see what TUE's paycheck will be. I make double what I did in earlier jobs and plan to retire with PMA.

I am vested later this year for life and even beyond life. I can will any residuals that are still flowing in to my wife and kids. Amazing.
Pros
Income, not being tied to an office, the harder I work, the more I make.
Cons
the first year can be hard as you have no safety net, but as the residual income flows in that 2nd year your income grows month after month
Productive and overall a good place to work
Operations Manager Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time there, it was a great temp job. Normal 8-5 job with very minimal travel. All government holidays observed and M-F work days. Worked on very important assignments that directly supported the US Navy.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Temp
Incredible company to work with!
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  KansasJuly 19, 2018
I've been with PMA for over 10 years and its proven to be the best career move I could have imagined.
The products are best in class.
The Field Managers are incredible, they are focused on making sure the field agents are trained properly to ensure customer satisfaction and agent success.
The culture is amazing, it is competitive but not cut throat. The sales team feels like an extension of my family. The work is challenging but there is help, guidance and strong leadership at every turn. It is an incredible feeling to work for yourself but not by yourself!
Pros
Incredible leadership and training. High commissions, unbeatbale bonus and incentive plan
Working with Professionals
Senior Nuclear Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Piketon, OHJuly 19, 2018
Its easy to work with people that are all and conduct themselves as professionals within this company and give you all the tools needed to be successful within your working environment.
Absolutely terrible. biggest liars ever.
Agent (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 13, 2018
PMA USA. Where do I start? They lie to get you onboard. They lie about having accounts in your area to work. The state managers are inexperienced liars. Their carrier is terrible and will turn you over to collections for a dollar. Their sales system is a watered down and stolen version of another carrier. I would not recommend them to any agents.
Pros
Absolutely none, run away fast.
Cons
Terrible management, terrible carrier, liars and thieves.
Unlimited opportunity to succeed here!
Agent Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2018
This is an outstanding opportunity for anyone with an entrepreneurial nature who wants to control their own schedule and income. The earning potential is basically unlimited. If you are a hard-working, go getter then this is the place to be. I've been in insurance for a long time and have never linked with an agency that provided better training, support, awards, bonuses and commissions. The field management is there when you need them but treat you like you are running and building your own business - which I am. The culture is very team-oriented as well with great meetings, events, etc. Those that are negative about this opportunity are people that refuse to take accountability for their own failure. If you work this system you can't fail!
Not in the State of TN
Sales (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2018
Horrible management in the State of TN. Many tall tales told and many of the so called contracts are third choice for the client. If you want to do worksite benefits, go for Colonial Life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PMA USA. Our community is ready to answer.