PNC Financial Services Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,990 reviews matching the search See all 5,005 reviews
fast paced, banking environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 12, 2018
Typical day at work consists of you helping clients with their banking needs, wasn't so bad the hardest part of the job is dealing with managements and irate customers
Cons
short breaks, management
productive, positive.
CONSUMER SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 11, 2018
My manager was very nice. But his manager(the regional) wasn’t. The atmosphere is pretty competitive among coworkers but as far as the company, you’re expected to sell sell sell, even when there are no new customers. It’s nonstop standing the entire time, which was unexpected since I picture platform bankers sitting behind a desk. If you don’t sell you’re given constant coaching as if you’re not performing well when in reality there are few chances to even sell.
Manager: The worst I ever had.
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 10, 2018
Manager in NJ my territory PA. Without more than one hour a week she was telling me where I should go on appointments ect....She could not find her way to my territory. I should have been assigned to Scranton office. Glad to be gone!!!
Pros
Good pay and great co-workers
Cons
My manager
Pnc
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 10, 2018
Good Company that supports their works and offers an opportunity to have a good work life balance. They offer lots of opportunity to advance and learn
Room for growth
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 10, 2018
PNC is definitely a company where there is room for growth. There are a lot of opportunities in many different roles. There are a lot of benefits for new employees coming on board from salary to PTO. However, for those who have been with the company for 5, 10, 15 years they feel that they are being left behind and that PNC don't appreciate their loyalty as new employees are getting some of the same benefits they only received by doing their time. Also, they are coming in with better pay.
Pros
Room for growth
Successful company with opportunities for employees to grow
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 9, 2018
PNC is a terrific company - performing well across the industry and affords it's employees plenty of opportunities for career growth. The company's mission is focused on the customer - for technology employees, this provides significant opportunities to grow as an employee while making banking better for the customer.
Productive and fast-paced
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2018
I truly enjoyed working at PNC Bank, I would recommend anyone to apply for a job there. It is a very stressed place but the managers are awesome especially all the branches I worked for.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Short breaks
Great People, Culture, and Environment
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 8, 2018
PNC is a great place to start a career. The pay is a little lower than average but the experience and amount of skilled bankers and managers is worth it for early career starters.
Productive and active place that nurses growth and development
Branch Manager II (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 8, 2018
During the time I spend at PNC I was able to learn and develop personal and professional growth that helped me achieved goal at work and personal. Great company to work for.
Pros
Inspire education, value opinions, emphasis on product knowledge and how to interact with customers
Cons
Life work balance, too many hours, High goals, unrealistic.
Great place to work. Managment is terrible
Teller/BSSR (Current Employee) –  North Vernon, INNovember 8, 2018
it is a great place to work. the hours are wonderful and the pay is good but the management they have running some of the branches are terrible. they expect the bankers to do their job but are not a good role model in that aspect.
Excellent place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALNovember 8, 2018
Great management team. Well inducted training crew. Customer ervice is exceptional and team building instilled. Would recommend this company for anyone wanting to go into the financial sector.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Customer service is difficult especially at branch level
Branch Sales and Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 7, 2018
PNC Bank is not very much fun to work for at the branch level, this position has become very sales orientated meaning that only numbers and calls matter. Work life balance leaves much to be desired by working long hours with little pay. While coworkers are fun you must stay at the position in order to move up, but once your year is up, you can only move up one career level with usually no bonus.
Pnc bank
Branch service and sales associate (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 7, 2018
Overall a good place to work but very limited advancement for investments but lots of advancement for retail positions. Very good continued education and never leave without an answer for clients
Pros
Realistic sales goals, stress putting clients first over goals, work life balance is very good
Cons
Heavily Micromanaged, management is hit or miss from branch to branch
Poor leadership and a declining culture
Senior Vice President, Operations (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2018
Change in leadership have resulted in a decline in culture. Managers are no longer empowered to make decisions, as this is all run from the top of the house. If the CEO doesn't think there are enough cars in the garage, no one can work from home nay more. Trying to act like a big bank, but still running it like a local bank. If you are not in Pittsburgh, forget about it...
nice place to work
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJNovember 7, 2018
I would still be there if my position was not eliminated. I got along great with my manager and the rest of the staff. I learned how to be a better supervisor through the wonderful coaching of my manager.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
N/a
Fast paced work environment
Sr. Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2018
Fast paced work environment with excellent benefits and great opportunity for advancement. Enjoyed working for this company for the five years I was employed.
Excellent place to work
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2018
Excellent place to work. Great work life balance. Fantastic organization with a lot of quality teams and management. Highly recommend to anyone who applies there.
not applicable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2018
pnc bank was ok. the managers i worked for were very nice and most employees there were always willing to help you if needed. just didnt like being on phones all day and every minute was crucial to be on phones.
Pushed to Sell! Unrealistic Expectations
Branch Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJNovember 6, 2018
Pros
Hour lunches, benefits, 401k matching, chance to advance in the company
Cons
Boring, low pay compared to other banks, competitive, stressful
Good people, but work life balance is a struggle
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
PNC is a good place to work; however, the work life balance is not so great.
Management constantly stresses completing the plan over ensuring the wellness of their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNC Financial Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.6K
31.2K

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight