PNC Financial Services Group Employee Reviews

Found 5,118 reviews matching the search See all 5,134 reviews
Productive work place
FULL TIME TELLER (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 15, 2019
I loved working in the environment. But it could sometimes be stressful. Management didn’t make things easy to work with them at times. Salary is great but not enough for cost of living
Bad Place to work
Banker (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 15, 2019
Poor management!!!
They hired people who is not knowledgeable about their position. For example, I already left the company and wanted to roll over my 401k to my current employer, The HR didn't even know how, they transferred me to wrong department and still nobody knows the answer.
Turnover is super high!!!!
Please do not waste your time here!!!!
Pros
Pto
Cons
Poor management
Good job
Teller Lead (Current Employee) –  West Ocean City, MDJanuary 15, 2019
I was at a consolidated branch and I went for a promotion but I feel pnc lacks in management choosing or coaching due to the coverage areas being so big and only maintained by one person.
Decent company
Assistant Business Banking and Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Decent company to work for. Unfortunately with most large companies there is an epidemic of "not my job" when asking for assistance from other departments.
Great Place Ron work for
BSSA (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJanuary 14, 2019
Great Work Environment ! Very Motivating !! Great Career. Very Inspirational Management Team. Promotion is a Very Big Thing at PNC Bank !!! So Many Careers Advanceent Opportunities
PNC Overall is a great company.
Full Time Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Hope, PAJanuary 13, 2019
PNC is a great company to work for. Everyday you learn something new, if you need help in any situation there's always someone to help you. Whether it's the help desk or co worker. Either way you'll get an answer. Incentive pay out is pretty good too, if you do your job.
Good company but horrible management
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2019
I believe PNC Bank offers competitive pay and good benefits, however, the department I currently work in is poorly managed, to say the least. As a result, the general work environment is based on fear, no work/life balance and employee burn out. The company supposedly embraces work/balance, but senior management doesn't seem to question why employees quit often, many times just by walking out. The work itself is interesting, but divide between the teams (which in some instances is borderline bullying), the unmanegeabe workload, the unreasonable expectations which change and increase often, the ancient systems that break frequently and management's unwillingness to even listen to employee's recommendations for improvement, fosters a very toxic working environment. As a result of these issues, employees have to work very long hours for weeks on end. Even taking vacation time or getting sick is a cause of major stress, because of the amount of hours we have to work to make sure the work is done on time, so basically, the paid time off is paid back. Unless serious issues start to be addressed and solved, I would not recommend to anyone PNC as a workplace.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work/life balance, long hours, inconsistent and unreasonable expectations, high turnover
Used to be amazing
Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJanuary 12, 2019
I used to love and rave about coming to work at PNC. But then the culture really started changing. How people are treated is so inconsistent there it truly boggles the mind. No open communication anywhere in the company. Everything is so compartmentalized good luck finding out what you need to know if you did not know who to go to.

Made it impossible to advance, .5-1% raises for year end. Even if you get exceeds expectations its not going to be more than 1.5%.
Pros
You can bank there? But why? they are so far behind Chase its not even funny.
Cons
Good place to work, but banking is changing drastically
Universal Branch Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grosse Ile, MIJanuary 12, 2019
Branch manager was great, upper management was not supportive. In the past 8 years, 4 branches will have closed in the downriver area. Banking is just changing drastically and I expect more to close in the future. Not a bad bank.. just the way banking is now
customer focus
Retail Escalation Manager (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 11, 2019
take inbound calls, case management, customer focus, problem resolution, case management, hardest part of the job is keeping up with cases that are assigned.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
long hours to keep case load down
Pnc bank
BSSR (Current Employee) –  Lower Nazareth, PaJanuary 11, 2019
This company is the greatest. They are company that will train you and groom you into the position you seek. So your eagerness to learn will determine how far you grow in the company. They take pride in customer service, while also taking care of their employees.
Okay job
Customer Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 10, 2019
The day can be crazy if people don't do your job correctly. You will get real irritated with your peers because they will have this lack of drive to help people. Your peers will often transfer customers to the wrong department and do not leave any notes. Some managers are cool and some are just lazy and don't want to help.
Pros
paid holidays, bonuses every month, holiday group parties, kinda managers.
Cons
Training, breaks, tech issues everyday, and poor applications.
Pnc
Senior Project Manager - LeaseWave (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Process overload no work life balance. Management struggles with Sr. Management, lots of ideas and no plan to get there. Peers were great and willing to share informaltion.
PNC is a great place to work.
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2019
I have worked for National City Bank now PNC Bank since 1988.

A professional environment. I have spent most of my career and have worked in many departments to expand my knowledge to build my resume in the banking industry.
Pros
Health Care, Discounts, Spotlight Rewards
Do not wish to partisipate
Detection & Investigation Analyst Sr (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 8, 2019
This is something I do not wish to participate in but am going to have to type ini 150 characters. This is also not how I planned to spend my time to be productively looking for another job.
valuable
Assistant Branch Sales & Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, PAJanuary 8, 2019
valuable experience from years of working. opportunities available. training provided. feedback given. made good friends with customers. clean environment.
Great place to work excellent employees and great customers
Bssr (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 8, 2019
Pnc was a great place to work and the employees were wonderful i learned alot from working there and would recommend it. The pay was great and the care about your wellbeing. You get paid time off if you had to go on leave for any medical reasons and the send you cards for your birthday. This was a great place ti work only reason i left was medical reasons.
Flexible work arrangement
ETL Project Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2019
Ability to work from home provides flexibility. When providing support to customers, the ability to support from any location makes sense and is beneficial to all involved.
A good starting point
AML - Senior Surveillance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 7, 2019
You can learn a lot by working for a large company; however something gets lost along the way when you are only a number. Some big companies have mastered how to make you feel valued and others just see you as a number.
Unprofessional Environment
Branch Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2019
The training is severely lacking, the management at the branch I worked in was unable to perform the basic necessities of the job, due to having zero banking experience when hired.
Pros
Lots of vacation time
Cons
Lack of training, lack of accountability for management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNC Financial Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.7K
31.2K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PNC Financial Services Group.

Powered by Comparably