PNC Financial Services Group Employee Reviews

31.1K
Found 4,591 reviews matching the search See all 4,603 reviews
Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJuly 20, 2018
 Reviewed credit applications and assessed risk of individual and commercial clients. Upheld regulatory guidelines
to guard against fraud and money laundering, and protected customers by stopping suspicious wire transfers.
 Increased productivity level of branch by 60% by reaching out to customers with tailor-made solutions.
Go in and work not any options
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 19, 2018
This is a good starting point but, I have so many years of escalated customer service experience! I'm talented and focused on getting the job done with or without help!
Pros
vision care
Cons
inconsistency
Productive events and seminars about PNC benefits
Senior Business Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 19, 2018
I was in charge of finding onsite, and holding seminars and presentations in front of decision makers and employees explaining about PNC bank benefits provided to them.
Sales culture.
Branch Banker, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2018
Very good structure of rules and procedures. Training is excellent. On going education is excellent. Sales goals are unreasonable. Customer service goals are priority, but sales pressure contradicts the service.
Ok place to work
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  scotch plains, NJJuly 19, 2018
It was a decent place to work. They managed by micro managing every aspect of your day.It took so much time to make sure you following managements layers of reporting that you never got a chance to actually sell.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
micromangement
Boring place to work
Remittance Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJuly 17, 2018
Just bad management. Does not appreciate the employees that works at night. Benefits are good. Very strict on the quality of work and the productivity.
Pros
free only on holidays
Cons
401k, vacation time
Nice pay but BRUTAL culture
Banker (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 17, 2018
Grateful for the experience,but PNC is trying to catch up with other National Banks and lacks the necessary sales platform needed to do so. PNC is still many years behind in innovation of bank software, user friendly online banking, and internal processes especially around investments. Jobs are threatened on a daily basis, and employees as a result live in constant fear...even if they are making their sales goals.
Pros
Cons
Sales Culture and Mass Layoffs
Was great, now ok place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenside, PAJuly 17, 2018
When I started in 2004, it was a great place to work, slowly over the years, especially since 2013, things changed. New leadership from other banks, lack of promotions from within, hiring people from outside the bank.
Pros
Staff that I work with
Cons
See above
pnc review
Branch Sales and Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cape May County, NJJuly 17, 2018
Overall PNC has given me opportunities to move forward but only up to a certain point. My salary has been adjusted competitively once but hasn't changed since. Very competitive and sales driven environment.
benefits
Cons
Sales driven
Very Poor Pay
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Radcliff, KYJuly 17, 2018
Even though I spent 6 years working for this company I would not recommend anyone working for PNC. My last annual raise was .05 cents. The turn over rate on branch managers was horrible.
This is an excellent organization to lead to an accomplished career
Financial Sales Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHJuly 17, 2018
This is an excellent organization to lead to an accomplished career. Management is very supportive in promoting staff internally. Customer are always welcomed when they enter the branches. Everyone (customers and employees) speak highly of PNC's culture.
Pros
Excellent compensation, strong mandagement and great benefits
Cons
Application process will timeout.
Low pay and always fell short of their "expectations"
Universal Branch Banker / Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 16, 2018
From sales goals to customer service scores, it was nearly impossible to get a "meets expectations" score on the annual performance review.

The worst is the customer service scores. Customers are called anonymously by Gallup, and if the scores are not nearly perfect, then the branch doesn't get their incentive payout.

And furthermore, the employee that received the lower score is placed on an "action plan".

Action plans were common; an overshadow over every stressed employee that his/her job was always on the line.
Pros
good 401K
Cons
Low pay, high sales goals, high customer service goals
Instore location
Branch Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJJuly 16, 2018
I worked inside of a supermarket which was a little unusual for me however, I was able to succeed and show my worth to the company. I would recommend working for PNC to anyone who needs a job living on the bare minimum.
Awesome benefits
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJuly 16, 2018
At PNC employees are offered awesome pay and benefits, along with 3 weeks vacation time. Unfortunately, I was not trained properly and management was not willing to help me learn. Sadly, it was just not a good fit for me.
Pros
Pay, benefits, vacation time
Cons
Stressful
nice place to work
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 16, 2018
PNC is a wonderful place of work, they pay fair, but commission wise is not that good. I used to work in an in-store location, hours very convenience but management took most of weekend off
Pnc bank
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wintersville, OHJuly 16, 2018
The work environment was always great and the people I worked with were easy to get along with. I traveled from branch to branch on a daily basis. It was difficult to adjust to each branches different set of rules.
Management was unable to give definite answers, always felt like they were beating around the bush. At times it felt as though management was not there to support and develop you.
The scheduling was pretty inconsistent, working Monday-Saturday and only having an hour trimmed here and there. Instead of a half day which most would expect and some got. But they insist on keeping you under 40 hours, and if you did by chance get overtime there were always questions about it.
Training became too much at times. You'd finish one set of training and be assigned more to do. Sometimes you were required to travel for training.
The incentive was quarterly, and sometimes felt like you weren't given enough opportunity to achieve it.
In my time there I learned a lot about the financial industry.
Overall a good place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  West Ocean City, MDJuly 14, 2018
Loved my customers. My manager was fantastic. Manager Really supported the staff daily and in career advancement. Co-workers were absolutely great to work with, however, I did find it to have a clique. Did not enjoy having to push the products onto customers. Also, every week having to call the customers to arrange for appointments so that they could push the products, when it was not in job description.
Great place to start your career
Branch Sales & Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 14, 2018
Typical day at work includes a fair amount of customer contact and reaching out to customers. I learned a fair amount about the financial industry working with PNC.
They do not allow you a chance to grow within company
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 13, 2018
The training is very intensive and expect you to know the position perfectly after only seeing it once. They don't give you chance to do great within the company.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Good
Vice President, Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
SOlid company that is growing quickly. Culture is very collegial and team oriented. Work life balance is emphasized and shows. Regional president model works.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNC Financial Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight