PNC Financial Services Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
PNC Financial Services Group selected this as a representative review
Great Place to Work
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 3, 2019
PNC is a great place to work. I feel like management actually cares about me. They are open to and willing to help me accomplish my career goals. It is not overly stressful, but fast paced.
Pros
They care about me.
Cons
Not stellar pay or annual raises.
every location is different so get a fill for the manager
Branch Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2019
Some location * will leave unknown* but in Georgia is like working in Wayward Pines (look it up) Too much is left in the gray area as managers discretion. There were times we worked through the entire day with no lunch. Ive worked numerous times by myself as a teller which is definitely a security risk.
Pros
experienced learning to multi task with accuracy and build customer relationships
Cons
overworked and one of the lowest paying financial institutions in banking
Great Job over all.
Branch Service & Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAMarch 24, 2019
It was a great job overall. Not particularly easy or hard. Customers could be challenging. The team at the branch was the best part of it all. Would have stayed longer if it wasn't for a personal change.
Pros
coworkers, red tape from corporate
Cons
customers attitudes, not high pay
Nice work environment
Branch Manager, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMarch 22, 2019
Great company to work for. Although there was tremendous amount of stress for trying to achieve monthly and quarterly quota’s, interactions with customers and my coworkers was a good experience. The overall environment made everything much more enjoyable. Excellent benefits upward mobility and many avenues to take within the company.
Great
CONVENTIONAL UNDERWRITER II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2019
Salary was okay but not as competitive as other places. The offered an option to work from home on occasion. My manager was fantastic. Most knowledgeable and willing to help without procrastinating.
PNC got too big and lost sight of the customer
Business Banking (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 21, 2019
Was a good place until changes in leadership. There is a lot of talk about taking care of the client and employee but somewhere from the top down it was lost.
Fun workplace, the atmosphere is inviting
Recovery/ Pre Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHMarch 20, 2019
I love PNC, unfit my time has come to an end with the company. I am a Competitive worker so for them to get rid of commission is totally unacceptable.
Average Level Company
Fraud / Security Operations Execution Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2019
Nothing significant to comment. Company culture is good and internal security program is robust. Various lines of businesses have good levels of executive leadership. Lower level management not as competent.
Pros
Work remotely program, 401k and Pension benefits
Cons
some connectivity and computer application technology
Decent
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 20, 2019
New software package makes work miserable while they try to figured out how to fix it. Management is slow to make changes that can improve the job because there's so much corporate red tape they have to get through to make even small changes.
Low pay and little chance for advancement
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2019
After 3 years at PNC you are no longer eligible for the management training program. So if management is your goal maybe look elsewhere. They only health insurance offered is a high deductible plan which is still around $100 a week/$200 a paycheck for a single person
Pros
Chance to learn about banking
Cons
Horrible insurance and very low pay
Bad management is what drives employees away.
Teller Supervisor/ Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Delran, NJMarch 19, 2019
Working for PNC was great until the last 6 months of my 11 yrs with the company I had the worst manager. I was placed with a management team that did not want to be there so that spread and everyone in the branch left. My last day there I was escorted out as if I was being terminated not resigning. Prior to that I enjoyed working for PNC and bled blue and orange.
Pros
Teller Program and Account opening process was easy.
Cons
Last Manager and Regional I worked for
Salary
Customer Service Rep/Loan Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 19, 2019
Benefits are great. I worked there for four years and have only made 1K more. Obviously, with no performance issues that would deny a raise. It's a big company. You are just a number.
Productive Work Environment
Consumer Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 19, 2019
PNC offers a productive work environment with plenty of opportunity for advancement. There are constantly jobs being posted in other department of the bank looking to recruit from within the company.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
Short Breaks
Not recommended apply with caution
Customer Service Support Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 19, 2019
PNC advertise no banking experience necessary but once in training that changes, jobs are given to people with banking background. Horrible training.
Fast Paced
Senior Foreign Exchange Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 19, 2019
Very busy. Accolades given to the team time and time again but the raises don't match the performance. Stated that it is merit based but it is not. Often times punished for speaking up and the manager has favorites. Making it obvious.
Pros
Health Care, 401k HSA matching
Cons
Expensive health care
Diverse with room to grow.
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMarch 19, 2019
PNC Financial services has a diverse work culture with a frequently changing environment.
It strongly encourages work balance with personal and professional.
My management was very active in growth and enrichment.
Work Place Culture
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 19, 2019
PNC is a great company that places a large emphasis on employee satisfaction and customer service. Management is constantly identifying ways to improve employee engagement.
Pros
flexible schedules, work remotely
decent company
TAX ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Eastwick, PAMarch 19, 2019
not bad to work for, and work life balance is nice. The biggest problem with PNC is the slow salaries that are offered to employees and the location move from center city to eastwick pa,
Pros
work life balance
Cons
salary
High expectations and fair
Vice President and Market Manager, Public Fincance (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 19, 2019
Good environment if you are an achiever. Heavy emphasis on sales performance. Goal always go higher, which given the limited territory, can continue annually.
Pros
compensation
Cons
heavy sales culture
To many Chiefs
Branch Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Somerset, PAMarch 19, 2019
I truly enjoyed the customer's that I worked with at PNC, However the Management that I worked under were less than great.

Manger's hardly ever in branch and when they were they were unapproachable.

Everything I learned was either through research on company intranet, Branch support hotline or through coworker's who have been there a long time.

Manger's would say something to your face and turn and talk to someone else and bad mouth you.

Then you had employee's who would try to take charge of something when they had no idea what was going on.
PNC Cares
Client Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2019
PNC is a company that truly cares about its employees and customers. The pay is competitive and that is always room to advance in whatever area of the bank that you choose.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNC Financial Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.7K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PNC Financial Services Group.

Powered by Comparably