PNC Financial Services Group Employee Reviews

Found 4,580 reviews matching the search See all 4,592 reviews
Low pay and always fell short of their "expectations"
Universal Branch Banker / Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 16, 2018
From sales goals to customer service scores, it was nearly impossible to get a "meets expectations" score on the annual performance review.

The worst is the customer service scores. Customers are called anonymously by Gallup, and if the scores are not nearly perfect, then the branch doesn't get their incentive payout.

And furthermore, the employee that received the lower score is placed on an "action plan".

Action plans were common; an overshadow over every stressed employee that his/her job was always on the line.
Pros
good 401K
Cons
Low pay, high sales goals, high customer service goals
Instore location
Branch Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJJuly 16, 2018
I worked inside of a supermarket which was a little unusual for me however, I was able to succeed and show my worth to the company. I would recommend working for PNC to anyone who needs a job living on the bare minimum.
Awesome benefits
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJuly 16, 2018
At PNC employees are offered awesome pay and benefits, along with 3 weeks vacation time. Unfortunately, I was not trained properly and management was not willing to help me learn. Sadly, it was just not a good fit for me.
Pros
Pay, benefits, vacation time
Cons
Stressful
nice place to work
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 16, 2018
PNC is a wonderful place of work, they pay fair, but commission wise is not that good. I used to work in an in-store location, hours very convenience but management took most of weekend off
Pnc bank
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wintersville, OHJuly 16, 2018
The work environment was always great and the people I worked with were easy to get along with. I traveled from branch to branch on a daily basis. It was difficult to adjust to each branches different set of rules.
Management was unable to give definite answers, always felt like they were beating around the bush. At times it felt as though management was not there to support and develop you.
The scheduling was pretty inconsistent, working Monday-Saturday and only having an hour trimmed here and there. Instead of a half day which most would expect and some got. But they insist on keeping you under 40 hours, and if you did by chance get overtime there were always questions about it.
Training became too much at times. You'd finish one set of training and be assigned more to do. Sometimes you were required to travel for training.
The incentive was quarterly, and sometimes felt like you weren't given enough opportunity to achieve it.
In my time there I learned a lot about the financial industry.
Overall a good place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  West Ocean City, MDJuly 14, 2018
Loved my customers. My manager was fantastic. Manager Really supported the staff daily and in career advancement. Co-workers were absolutely great to work with, however, I did find it to have a clique. Did not enjoy having to push the products onto customers. Also, every week having to call the customers to arrange for appointments so that they could push the products, when it was not in job description.
Great place to start your career
Branch Sales & Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 14, 2018
Typical day at work includes a fair amount of customer contact and reaching out to customers. I learned a fair amount about the financial industry working with PNC.
They do not allow you a chance to grow within company
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 13, 2018
The training is very intensive and expect you to know the position perfectly after only seeing it once. They don't give you chance to do great within the company.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Good
Vice President, Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
SOlid company that is growing quickly. Culture is very collegial and team oriented. Work life balance is emphasized and shows. Regional president model works.
A professional work environment
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2018
A great opportunity to take initiative and implement strategies to grow the business, improve client experience and reduce risk to the organization.. Its a growing division with excellent operating leverage, There is strong leadership at all levels of the company and its created a great reputation in the industry.
I was a Part-Time Teller
Part - Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJJuly 13, 2018
When PNC took over Midlantic Bank, it was a change for us all. But, when the change of management began, it was not easy. During the last year working at PNC I had a very bad experience that made me loss confidence in working with the "branch" I was assigned to.
Management Issues
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2018
You are in so many meetings you have no time to do actual work yet they don't want you charging overtime. Management does not communicate with each other well and therefore are unable to throttle information down to employees effectively. Project managers are brought in brand new to the company and changed mid-project and there seems to be virtually no turnover.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, Too many meetings, Lack of communication
Not as great as it used to be.
Branch Sales and Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 12, 2018
Job in the branches is now more like telemarketing position. Have to make outbound calls to try and get customers back in the branch for "financial well being checkup" i.e. come in so we can sell you stuff.
Turnover is big issue. All branches are constantly understaffed but no let up on sales goals.
Pros
Cons
turnover, aloof management, only thing that matters are the numbers.
Solid company but not much growth opportunity in comunity development
Vice President - Community Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 12, 2018
The CDB team is pretty flat with no room for advancement unless you are willing to relocate. Very rewarding work in a very visible and flexible environment. Expect pay to be less then competitors.
Pros
flexible work enviroment
Cons
flat department, very political
Good culture and opportunities for advancement
Business Banker II, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Glen Ridge, NJJuly 12, 2018
Overall, PNC Bank has a solid work culture and has opportunities for advancement. Monthly goals are followed and will lead to advancement which, can be a positive or negative depending on your working style.
It's okay
Underwriting Analyst Senior (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 11, 2018
It's okay working there. It would be nice to receive more money for what we do. The culture is nice. The benefits are nice. I like the supervisors there.
Review Summary
Assistant Vice President, Learning and Development (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 11, 2018
I can not review, I still work here currently. I would not want this posted as many of my colleagues are on LinkedIn. I could loose my job due to our social media policy.
It's alright
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2018
Management differs heavily between branches. There are a handful of managers who are willing to work with individuals to seek advancement. Most however, either dislike interviewing or are too comfortable with their over inflated bonuses to be willing to risk helping you get promoted and in the process loosing some of that incentive with the new hire. The claim they pride themselves on promoting from within but as with most banks you will quickly find that they outside hire often. The only normal internal promotions are within branches when there is again zero risk to the branch manager and their bonus.

Employee culture is excellent, work life balance is very good and the compensation is fair. The retirement benefits are the most generous portion of the package. That being said until the internal talent development culture sees a massive shift PNC is at best a great stepping stone on the way to where you want to be. That is unless you are an outside hire.
Diverse and accommodating environment with room to grow and opportunity to learn.
Business Analytics Consultant Sr (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2018
PNC has offers employees ample opportunities to learn and develop into roles best suited for them to succeed. The company promotes healthy work-life balance and a sense of camaraderie between management and staff.
long hours not enough pay
Lead Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
I worked over 9 hours a day, sometimes 10. is too much work for what I get paid. the people I worked with are very nice team but the day is very long, is a 10 hour shift.
Pros
holidays off, insentives, off on sundays.
Cons
short breaks, long work day, not enough pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNC Financial Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.5K
31.1K

Diversity score

67out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PNC Financial Services Group.

Powered by Comparably