PNC Financial Services Group

PNC Financial Services Group Employee Reviews

United States7,109 reviews

Found 7,109 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,136 reviews

great work place

Very relax business environment , dress code. very supportive mangers and team. upper managements surprise visits to motivate employees . Great benefits.

So-so

Was a great place to work until the decided to make cuts at my branch. But instead of just citing the honest reason of making said cuts, they created a scenario in which me and a coworker were fired for the most ridiculously outlandish reason possible… and my coworker was there for 10 plus years. I only had about a year.

PNC Financial Services Group insights

Based on 2,504 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Overall great place to work

This is a good company to work for, a lot of your success if based on your own personal drive, willing to put in hard work, and your manager. You’re able to build some great relationships with customers and colleagues but the sales goals can be a little much sometimes (depending on your market/branch location). Benefits are pretty good and the job/role selection is plentiful.

It's a Bank

The people are friendly and seem to be a bit uptight at times, Mostly when things get busy.The work is solid, the systems are decent for a remote position, and there are procedures and standard documentation for everything.

Come here if you like being micromanaged

Where do I start? Overwork employees. Lowest paying bank (even the HR Recruiter admitted it). They bait and switch employees - promise one thing, deliver another. They treat you as a number. Bonus structure is weak and not competitive. 3 weeks of PTO is terrible. Other banks give 5 weeks. Way too many meetings about nothing.

Metrics driven

Micro managed. Have to account for every second in every aux mode that’s not available. Super heavy call center, calls can escalate quickly and unless you have a good team lead then it’s going to be extremely overwhelming. Pto isn’t great, you will work holidays and weekends. Extremely hard to get approved for a day off even if have it to use

Good for me

I’ve got no complaints about PNC. Good job. Raises suck unless you’re in with your boss and even then no guarantee. That’s why I ultimately left. Negotiate going in because once you’re in that might be it.

Nice

Constant sales goals that I found unattainable. Awesome co workers but short staffed. No Saturday. Good pay. Amazing opportunities for bonuses. Well at training

Lacks support and expected to learn on the fly for majority of new tech

Pnc is a good company however the sport and training is definitely lacking. Constant breakdowns in sustenance used to help customers and given a brief update when big changes are being made and exorcism to learn on the fly

Great benefits, lots of commuting

I travelled from branch to branch on an as needed basis so I rarely spent any time in my home branch, so there was a lot of last minute phone calls and turn arounds to go to different locations. Needed to be comfortable working with different staff and management, lots of time commuting but was compensated for travelling and for parking passes. Very competitive in the sales department, needed to exceed daily goals in order to promote / transfer within the company. Great benefits, vacation time was paid, very understanding of last minute illnesses and plenty of training classes.

Pnc cares

PNC genuinely cares about it's employees. Paid vacation time, an inclusive atmosphere, people willing to work with you as you learn and grow. I couldn't be more grateful to have ended up working for PNC.

Pros

Paid vacation time, two fifteen minute breaks plus 30 minute lunch, healthcare, retirement plans/401k match

Cons

Remote work at least can be kind of stressful

Good launching pad!

At a small branch there is little to no opportunity to derive organic business. There is also little to no room for advancement, regardless of your sales or stats.

Pros

Great PTO. Best I've ever had.

Cons

Not compensated enough to keep people around.

Working in a remote call center is stressful but pnc compensates it's employees fairly. It's the first job I am actually getting paid more for being bilingual and the work/life balance is great.

Stressful

It may be that my personality was just not right for this position. I felt like I was thrown onto live calls too quickly and wasn’t trained appropriately. It is a lot of information to learn and very fast paced. I couldn’t handle the stress of not knowing what I was doing, on top of most calls being from an upset customer. I’m a sensitive person in general so again I may have just not been well suited for the job. The managers were all nice. The drag and benefits were really good.

Low pay, good benefits

Great teams, low pay for industry. Opportunities to join other projects and learn new aspects of the business. Work life balance was great! Little room for advancement

Great place

I enjoyed working for them. Great pay. Great location, great employees. Great benefits, they give you time off when needed and great incentives if you qulaify.

Great opp for advancement. Good work environment. Great starting pay

Pnc is A great place to work. I like the starting wages as well as yearly raises. There is always room for growth and the resources available to help you get there .

Productive place ot work

I enjoy working here, it has its ups and downs. That's every job, overtime is helpful. My coworkers and managers are very supportive, it's great working with this team.

Pros

Lunches

Cons

Pay

Overall great place to work

Good work life balance, and it is very easy to reach out to management, they take interest in the well being of their employees.Overall great place to work

Good pay to start, but extremely stressful place to work

Good pay to start, but extremely stressful place to work. I was with Pnc for 27 years. After Covid hit they took our quarterly bonuses away and also our referral money. There were many days I feel bullied because I didn’t have enough referrals, and if you don’t reach your goals you will be performance managed often until you get to the point you want to quit. The manager I had was condescending and one of the many reasons I left. I do not recommend working for Pnc Bank, they have gotten too big over the years and anyone who works there is just a number not a person or a human being

Don't do it

Probably has to be 1 of the worst places to work EVER. The expectations were unreasonable, the bonus compensation criteria was absolutely ridiculous. The only manager that cared was fired and after that it became even more difficult to show up for work every day. If you want fair treatment and opportunity for advancement then you better be a female.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNC Financial Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare PNC Financial Services Group with

PNC Financial Services Group reviews by popular job title

• PNC Financial Services Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?