PNC Financial Services Group Employee Reviews

51.3K
41.5K
31.1K
Found 4,505 reviews matching the search See all 4,517 reviews
Good culture, improving comp, solid product lines
WM (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2018
Great place to work, undergoing some changes. Client focused. Strong compliance culture with excellent attention to risk management. Improving compensation programs. Product lines are very good in all lines of business.
Typical Day
Personal Banker/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 4, 2018
With PNC I have enjoyed my employment and feel that I have worked really hard for where I am. However my family life has been put on the back burner too long, and the hours/stress have been an issue.
Pros
great pay, and great employees
Cons
long hours, stress
Working with public
Service Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Romeo, MIJune 4, 2018
I started as a PT teller and quickly advanced to Customer Service,. I worked at several different branches and went through 5 mergers. I retired from PNC when I was informed I would have my pay frozen and given more responsibilities. Overall I enjoyed at the most part working at PNC.
Pros
Hours of work and benefits
Cons
Pay scale. Upward advancement.
Productive Place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 4, 2018
Learned to provide splendid customer services to customers in a friendly and courteous manner at all times. Have sufficient knowledge about the banking products and services and respond to all inquiries accordingly. Improve customers’ banking experience with the bank by ensuring that the customers are attended to promptly and all their challenges are resolved without delay. Ensured that all the bank’s policies and procedures, code of conduct and regulatory guidelines are strictly complied with in the process of discharging duties , Inform and suggest new banking products to customers. Provided information to customers on their account status and account balances. Delivered assistance to all other members of staff in other departments of the bank by liaising with them through healthy interactions
Great Company
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 3, 2018
Great bank. Good sales process, good middle management. Benefits are standard for the industry. PNC is a middle of the road bank in terms of base salary but decent quarterly bonuses.
Busy, busy busy!!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Township of Hanover, PAJune 2, 2018
Though I know I enjoyed working at PNC, it was over 10 years ago. I remember my coworkers were extremely friendly and we used to go out to dinner together fairly often. The branch manager wasn't the best to work for, as she was new to her position but the head teller was AMAZING! I felt like they really cared about each other here. The hardest times were during the busiest days. When social security checks and paychecks came out. It was so fast paced and hard to keep up but we all pulled through together!
Fast-paced and collaborative data entry
Senior Operations Specialist (Data Entry) (Former Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHMay 31, 2018
-inspected hundreds/thousands of medical bills each week depending on work load
-Employee training included HIPAA certification and training for quickly deciphering and decoding text/font from scans of medical bills
-There was an abundance of workplace culture and opportunities to collaborate with peers on community projects outside of work, support for LGBT community and charitable organizations, etc..
-The hardest part of the job was enduring the probationary starting period during which headphones were not allowed.
-The most enjoyable parts of the job were paid volunteering opportunities, community outreach, and corporate gatherings.
Pros
Paid volunteering, paid time off, lots of overtime, company gatherings, great benefits package
Cons
Not much communication between higher ups and management
N/a
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Leola, PAMay 31, 2018
As a manager it is very stressful. They expect you to get things done in 40 hours but you are given things that would take you 70 hours a week to do. They add stress not only to your work life, but to home life too.
Good place to start a career.
Planned Giving Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 31, 2018
Get licensed. It was a fun place to work as a young person out of college but it was best used as a launching pad for where I really wanted to go. The salaries are low for the amount of revenue they generate.
Forward Thinking
Vice President, Default Operations (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMay 31, 2018
Company focused on operational effectiveness and customer satisfaction. Enjoyed the culture that promoted transparency and collaboration, with the objective of "doing the right thing".
Secretary
Clerk-Stenographer to Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2018
I worked at this bank over 18 years ago. So my experience is a lot different that it would be today. I enjoyed working there. I just got caught up in the downsizing movement
Pnc
Senior Business Systems Analyst IT (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 31, 2018
Great company to work for with amazing management. Very good work life balance- open door policy with management- very flexible and ability to grow with the company
pnc
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 31, 2018
I would never reccemend for anyone to work her high turnover and awful pay. I love my manager and coworkers but the company itself is not great. They micro manage and pressure you to sell. Nothing you do seems good enough
Standard Corporate Environment
Operations Work Lead (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 30, 2018
While I liked my superiors, and they were very involved in my career development, PNC is like any other large corporation - you are underpaid and undervalued. Everyone is replaceable. Additionally, the benefits are absolutely horrible for such a large company.
Teller (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 30, 2018
PNC is a great place to work. It is a competitive bank with plenty of opportunity for advancement if you are willing put in the effort. They will give you the tools an training to learn the craft and work your way up.
Pros
Building relationships with clients.
Cons
Increasing fraudulent transactions, must use sound judgement.
Positive environment
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 29, 2018
Working at PNC was a really fun and positive environment interacting with different clients. Everyday was a different day working with different eco partners such as loan officers, business bankers, financial advisers, mortgage officer and account executives.
Fun place to work, not enough money compared to responsibilities
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, DEMay 29, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed the customers and coworkers while at PNC. I also highly respected the management and their practices. However, when it came down to compensation the amount of work required was not equivalent to the pay in my opinion.
Pros
Team environment, upbeat, fun
Cons
Salary and sales compensation
Great Management & Leadership
Bank Teller, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAMay 29, 2018
PNC allowed me to transition into banking comfortably. My manager was a wonderful leader, mentor and coach. My assistant manager who I worked closely with was patient and always available. PNC will allow you to grow within the company as long as you have the desire to succeed. The downside with PNC was the requirement to send referrals to bankers from the teller side. Other than the need to refer products and services, PNC Bank was a great company to work for. It was a pleasure to work under great leadership
Pros
Training resources, software system, management & leadership. Benefits
Cons
Pressure to send referrals
N/a
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Maryland City, MDMay 28, 2018
Love the job and the people I work definitely would recommend this job to everyone if banking is for you I say go for it. I am currently part time so I don’t get the benefit but I still love waking going to work
Really nice people
Senior Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 28, 2018
Employees are kind and care for one another. Many departments feel like family. I learned a lot during my years of work with Pnc. I would recommend this as an employee.
Pros
Community service
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNC Financial Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

47%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

53%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss