PNC Financial Services Group Employee Reviews

Featured review
PNC Financial Services Group selected this as a representative review
PNC Review
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 14, 2017
I hate call centers, but as far as they go, PNC is a good one to work for. I truly feel that this is a company that cares about its workers. They are very accommodating for many different life events.
Love to get back
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 29, 2018
I have enjoyed working at PNC, everyone were professional, I was one of the underwriter who started in the beginning of PNC's mortgage department in Illinois. I would love to work there again if opportunity is available for a remote position.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
I wish I was paid a little more so I did not have to leave.
Pay is better than it was, still stressful
Branch Sales and Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 29, 2018
Pay scales were changed in 2017 for branch employees to be more competitive with other banks. Pressure sales atmosphere still very present even after Wells Fargo fiasco. No longer based on "numbers" (even though we still have goals) but "behaviors" (whatever that means.)
Good Place to Work
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMarch 29, 2018
Highly reliable and focused Personal Banker with an exceptional client service record and extraordinary depth of loan and credit knowledge. Able to explain complex financial management concepts to a wide variety of professional and non-professional audiences. Adept at working independently or as part of a professional banking team.
Not a Good Place for Career Advancement
Senior Business Analytics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 29, 2018
PNC is like any other bank. The benefits are fine. The pay is average (below average for my experience). Career advancement is difficult for somebody my age. The recruiting process is very slow and the managers don't seem to know what they are looking for. (If they have 10 things on their list and you have 9 you are not qualified.) Not sure it was a good idea to move back and work here. Very disappointed with how things are currently going. My situation may be unique. If you are young and want a decent place to work, then PNC is probably for you.
Pros
They are like every other bank
Cons
Ageism seems to be prevaent in the hiring process
Understaffed and under appreciated
Branch Sales & Service representative (Current Employee) –  New Boston, MIMarch 29, 2018
always understaffed and only focus on what can be better rather than the 50 things you bust your butt to do daily. Never take into account how difficult learning new things on the fly can be and treat you like a machine.
Pros
Great benefits
work
Online Banking Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, OHMarch 29, 2018
typical customer service, very nice work culture. Hard to get the shift you want,but I think things have changed. management was great and the morale was good!
Huge Responsibility Little Compensation
Branch Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 29, 2018
PNC is not a bad company compared to other financial institutions.
however for the amount of responsibility and duties, the compensation is low.
Pros: 15 days vacation, 6 days sick paid, Paid holidays and floats.
Cons: Very unrealistic sales goals, (starting to feel like a Wells Fargo workplace).
Good work experience
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJMarch 29, 2018
Excellent company to gain financial sector, retail banking experience. great group of people to work with and learn. As well, excellent training and learning opportunity to get familiarized with different financial products, including loan products, savings and checking accounts.
Great company
Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 28, 2018
Great company to work for with great training, but I felt a disconnect between Retail and Corporate Banking. This meant it was hard to move up in the company because the Retail managers had little to no relationships with the corporate side.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMarch 28, 2018
Great place to work. Fun and friendly staff. Excellent compensation. This Business Credit Location specialized in cold call inquires for small to medium sized businesses.

Want to know more about PNC Financial Services Group?

Ask a question
Great starter Job
Personal Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAMarch 28, 2018
I worked here through college and it was great. The hours were flexible allowing me to go to school full time and work over 30 hours/week. My managers and supervisors were always great and understanding of my work/ school balance. When I decided to become full time, after college, they gave me the hours.
Great Environment, Great Opportunity
Finanical Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 28, 2018
PNC Bank is a great workplace to be a part of. The days are fast pace, and culture of PNC is very inspiring. The management makes sure that you are on track with your career path, and they are very open to discussions about where you see yourself in the future.

The hardest part about working for PNC is where you might have to go for your career. Depending on your career path, you may have to relocate.

But overall, I would recommending anybody looking to get into the banking industry to go to PNC Bank.
Pros
Benefits, Career Development, Management, Location
Cons
No Overtime
Good work life balance, but lot of bureacracy
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
-Good work life balance, not expected to work on weekends or vacations
-Smart managers who do things the right way
-A lot of internal bureaucracy to deal with
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Bureaucracy
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2018
I loved working at PNC bank, in Midtown and found that because the company was growing rapidly, there were always opportunities for growth and to be promoted. Unfortunately, I had to move back to Baltimore, but I would recommend it to others looking for a change.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Slower banking systems and processes
Pnc bank
Branch Manager - Vice President (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMarch 26, 2018
Learned a lot from PNC Bank during my tenure. I was able to advance within the first seven years there. PNC Bank seem to struggle the past few years on the direction they want the branches to go and on what has been happening in market as far as compliance.
The world of banking
Part-time Teller (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 26, 2018
PNC as a whole is a good company with great advancement opportunities, but they will cut you out if you aren't immediately making them money and forcing products down people's throats. Even the experienced employees refuse to push the products, and as a result they are overlooked for advancement.
Pros
Semi-flexible, Desk job
Cons
Boring, Sales-oriented
Banking
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 26, 2018
The banking world has changed so much in the past few years....if you love helping people get to their financial goals than this is for you. The benefits are excellent
PNC Indianapolis East (Retail)
Branch Sales & Service Representative (MLO) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 25, 2018
Managers steal work from personal bankers. Overstaffed due to multiple branch closings and lack of clientele. Low pay compared to industry standards and training is a joke.
Pros
Not sure yet
Cons
Training, Pay, Opportunity for advancement
Good
Senior Mortgage Jumbo Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2018
No issues; it’s a job; allows you opportunities that other companies may not be willing to provide. Has it’s goods and bad but each company does. You can succeed
Fun place to work
Accounting Specialist, Default (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMarch 23, 2018
Great place to work. I learned a lot, Management was nice and very helpful. Work place was culture was diverse. The hardest part of the job was, not really nothing, I worked with a lot of good people.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PNC Financial Services Group. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.4K
31K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

47%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

53%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.