PNM RESOURCES, INC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Static Culture
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 6, 2018
Long tenure in most positions so promotions can be limited. Lots of internal applicants for open positions. Albuquerque-centric culture. Recruiting and hiring process can be a long process.
Pros
Good Benefits and 401K Match
Strong employee community
Sr. Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 24, 2018
Great employees, excellent community support programs. Immediate management support very good; executive management self-involved, not much employee awareness or involvement with..
Solid place to work
Lead Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 1, 2017
I've worked for PNM for almost 10 years in the same group within the Business Technology Services department. I haven't moved elsewhere as I haven't yet had a compelling reason to leave. Throughout my time here, I feel like I've been promoted and given pay increases in relation to my contributions and experience. I've found my management to be competent and fair. What I feel could be better is personnel organization, and advancement opportunities. After the 2008 recession PNM went through several rounds of layoffs, and we have been running lean ever since. This not only places additional demands on those remaining, but also limits opportunities to advance up the hierarchy as there are limited management roles and those have low turnover.
Pros
Benefits, Flexibility
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Great place to work with great pay
Accounting Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 1, 2017
Terrific pay with terrific benefits and people who knew how to manage both the business as well as their employees. No unprofessionalism but still a fun and low key place to work.
Good company to work for
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Really enjoyed working for PNM. They began to outsource parts of IT to India and the moral began to slip. Quickly changing requirements.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Movement toward outsourcing
Changing Company and Industry
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 29, 2015
Rapidly changing company with changing regulatory requirements and industry technology developments. Company will need to continue to evolve very dynamically to continue to be successful long-term.
Pros
Moderate travel, parking
Cons
Salary, benefits, tools/ resources for employees to grow, small workspaces assigned to employees