Pocatello/Chubbuck School District Employee Reviews

3.2Job Security & Advancement
If you dont mind being treated like dirt and doing other peoples jobs you'll enjoy it.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Main kitchenNovember 21, 2018
Awful job probably the worst I've ever had, highly unreccomended. They lie about the benefits, extreme turnover rate because they are really rude to new employees. You end up doing other peoples jobs and everyone is the boss.
Cons
My Job as a substitute teacher
Subtitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 18, 2018
A typical job in Pocatello /Chubbuck School for me as a substitute teacher allows me to develop a lesson plane prior designed by the regular teacher. My role as substitute teacher is interact with the students and provide them instructions about what whey have to do during the class hour. or during the day if I have elementary students.

I enjoy working at Pollocate / Chubbuck School because I have the opportunity to interact with students of different grades and levels, and to teach different subjects. I also Enjoy the sweetness of this little boys girls when interact with me in the classroom.

Here I have learned that the most important is the love and enthusiasm for teaching that make the difference. I do not earn much money, however I enjoy what do I do because teaching and keeping effective communication with the learners is part of my life.
Nice way to make a a little extra money, and have time for family
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 2, 2017
I was hired as a sub ($8) food service worker. You have to apply for the permanent positions ($9 an hour) separately. I enjoyed learning the routine, and having a set time to get off. You train for a week and that was overwhelming, but it get's better after that so don't despair. As a sub I got to experience what it was like to work in the high schools, middle, and elementary which helped me learn that not all kitchens are organize the same way, and the menus are different. Some times it was simple, and sometimes it was chaotic, especially if it's disorganized, people didn't cooperate, or were difficult to get along with, and those who are drama queens. But most of the people I worked with were patient, fun, and helpful. My supervisor was awesome, understanding, and it was fun getting to know the kids from all grades.

My disappointment is that for a public school employee the pay isn't that great for the responsibilities of the work, and there is more work & less time than there are people.
Pros
A steady routine, learn about food safety, learn to use equipment, might lead to benefits if you obtain FT position, get to spend time with my family
Cons
you have to pay for your own background check and finger prints before getting hired, only paid 2x a month, low pay, no benefits for PT, insurance is expensive, FT positions are mostly head staff, some people are OCD/OTT (over the top & rude), the high turn over rate
Productive and grat environment to lead young adults.
Tennis Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 21, 2015
* Always a good day
* I learned leadership
* I managed some of the home games.
* Great co-worker
* Hardest part was always giving a speech that would lift everyone's morale in a bad day.
* Most enjoyable part was seeing students succeed
Cons
Great people to work with
Reading Aide (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 26, 2013
I loved working with the kids and teachers. The support you received from both teachers and leaders was great.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
Job ran out