Pocatello/Chubbuck School District Employee Review

View all Pocatello/Chubbuck School District reviews

Nice way to make a a little extra money, and have time for family
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 2, 2017
I was hired as a sub ($8) food service worker. You have to apply for the permanent positions ($9 an hour) separately. I enjoyed learning the routine, and having a set time to get off. You train for a week and that was overwhelming, but it get's better after that so don't despair. As a sub I got to experience what it was like to work in the high schools, middle, and elementary which helped me learn that not all kitchens are organize the same way, and the menus are different. Some times it was simple, and sometimes it was chaotic, especially if it's disorganized, people didn't cooperate, or were difficult to get along with, and those who are drama queens. But most of the people I worked with were patient, fun, and helpful. My supervisor was awesome, understanding, and it was fun getting to know the kids from all grades.

My disappointment is that for a public school employee the pay isn't that great for the responsibilities of the work, and there is more work & less time than there are people.
Pros
A steady routine, learn about food safety, learn to use equipment, might lead to benefits if you obtain FT position, get to spend time with my family
Cons
you have to pay for your own background check and finger prints before getting hired, only paid 2x a month, low pay, no benefits for PT, insurance is expensive, FT positions are mostly head staff, some people are OCD/OTT (over the top & rude), the high turn over rate

Other Pocatello/Chubbuck School District Employee Reviews

If you dont mind being treated like dirt and doing other peoples jobs you'll enjoy it.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Main kitchenNovember 21, 2018
Awful job probably the worst I've ever had, highly unreccomended. They lie about the benefits, extreme turnover rate because they are really rude to new employees. You end up doing other peoples jobs and everyone is the boss.
Cons
Fun place to work with children
School Bus Driver (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, ID 83201August 15, 2018
a typical day at work is inspecting your bus for safety before you leave the yard picking up students and keeping to a strict time line.getting the students to school on time.I learned about children safe driving practice and how to keep an upbeat atmosphere for the children.the hardest part is the winter driving,and the most enjoyable is the children.
Pros
positive enviroment
Cons
not enough hours