Pocono Mountain Recovery Center Employee Reviews in Henryville, PA

Great place to work!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Henryville, PAMay 30, 2019
I highly recommend working at PMRC. Staff works as a team and there's always room for growth. I have learned a lot from working here and continue to learn everyday!
Pros
Great staff, food, work environment
Good atmosphere
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PAApril 13, 2019
Management was very helpful with adjustment to work atmosphere. Learned a lot of group techniques and how to engage clients with the treatment process. Hardest part of the job was the caseload management and the most enjoyable part was the witnessing transition of clients from hopelessness to believing in themselves.
productive and enjoyable work place
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PAOctober 6, 2018
Pocono Mountain Recovery center is a great place to work. We get to interact with staff, patients and families. I feel it's a very rewarding position.
Great place to work and learn.
Residential Advisor/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PASeptember 6, 2018
Learned much about client care and note writing. Management is fair and helpful with skill building. The hardest part of the job is the case load at times and the note writing.
If you Love working, with Amazing People
Chemical Dependency Technician (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PAAugust 5, 2018
If you Love working, with Amazing People.
A typical day at PMRC means a 7 am wake-up followed by Goals, a big group session or group therapy session at 11 am.lunch, another group meeting at 1 pm, a life skills group, time for recreation and dinner.
Pros
People!
Cons
Food??
Highly Recommended Place to Work For
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Henryville, PAJune 27, 2018
I highly recommend working at PMRC. The atmosphere is excellent and very calming. The staff are attentive and have good team work I enjoy working here
Pros
Free Lunch for Staff, Beautiful Scenary, Excellent Staff
Promote from within and room for growth
Utilization Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PAJune 5, 2018
Great place to work and start a career as there is a lot of room for growth and they tend to promote from within first. On the other hand your personal life is not your personal life as everyone tends to gossip (corporate staff and management included) within the walls which creates chaos and drama.
The most stressful place I have ever worked
LPN doing medications, injections (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PAApril 12, 2018
The most stressful place I have ever worked.
No respect or gratitude for the nursing staff
Always telling you what you did wrong but never telling you what a great job you did today
Constantly being interrupted during medication passes, very unprofessional.
No respect for the patients
Pros
Cons
everything
Great Working Environment!
Patient Care/Administration (Current Employee) –  Henryville, PAMarch 20, 2018
Being able to carry out your passion daily is what makes a job worthwhile. At Pocono Mountain Recovery Center, I have the opportunity to carry out my passion by helping others in partnership with an amazing and caring team. Staff are always willing to go the extra mile, and management is always available to help, train, and guide. The campus is beautiful and serene. I highly recommend working here!
Great Team!
Adminstration (Current Employee) –  Henryville, PAMarch 12, 2018
Changes since the acquisition:
-More structure/guidelines (which is a good thing)
-Free educational employee trainings throughout the year
-More employee engagement through holiday parties, chili cook-offs, Mac & Cheese contests, monthly food events, etc
-401k, It shows that they are investing in us employees.

I work with a great group of people, they want to be here and you can tell we all enjoy what we do.
I see turnover but mostly from people that aren't engaged in their work and are just here for the paycheck, they end up leaving anyway.

Overall, I am very happy with my job, the people I work with and the organization.
Pros
Great pay/benefits for the area.Opportunity for advancement.Manager listens to my opinion/ideas
Cons
walking outside in the winter to get to different buildings
Do not work here
staff (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PAJanuary 7, 2018
Such a poorly, poorly run company. The different departments compete with each other instead of working together to provide the best care. You are not valued as an employee. Low pay and expensive benefits. Several employees are in recovery which can be great, however they have replaced their drug & alcohol addictions with addictions to power and control.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Underpaid, underappreciated, poorly managed
heartbreaking
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henryville, PAJuly 17, 2017
You meet alot of nice people at the worst time in there lives.
You hope for the best for them but nothing can prepare you for the loss of the patients who don't make it.
Pros
Meet alot of people
Cons
People die
Still settling from transfer of ownership.
Clinical team member (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PAJune 6, 2017
The staff is phenomenal with a few exceptions, which is to be expected anywhere. Their care for the patients says it all. I learned much while working there, felt appreciated, and miss it very much.
Pros
Free meal during shift.
Cons
Promotions without pay increase since Acadia took ownership.
From what I saw it was a good company.
Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PAMay 30, 2017
I only spent a few months as an intern with this company. However, from what I saw the management was aways available to help and supervise. Coworkers mostly got along and helped one another. The workplace culture appeared healthy and productive. I learned a lot while interning there. The hardest part appeared to be working with uncooperative clients. The most enjoyable part was witnessing the clients who were successful.
productive work environment able to help patients as part of a treatment center
BHT (Behavioral Health Technician) (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PAMarch 24, 2017
I was one of the first 5 employees to be hired on the team of Pocono Mountain Recovery Center. I worked there for approx a year. I left because I travele over san hour to work each way everyday, and it was too hard in the winter driving home at 1am.
Pros
working with and helping clients; my co-workers
Cons
hours and long drives/swing shifts
they need to get it together
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henryville, PAFebruary 15, 2017
the place was great before the new owners took over, very disorganized and dishonest and just disgusting. they over work their staff they want the higher level of work done with the most littlest time and dont want to higher more people !!