PODS Employee Reviews

Great Work Place !!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDFebruary 8, 2019
Love working for PODS have no complaints. Love working out doors, working with a team gives me a sense of pride and teamwork. Manager is very helpful and understand workers issues.
Warning No home life
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 18, 2019
You're just a number there it's all about delivering their containers and you'd better get it done as a driver who seek to have a life outside of work you will not have no life outside of this job they send you to dangerous places expecting you to drop these containers off on side of mountain all they care about is getting a customer's credit card number they don't care about the employee safety enough
Pros
Buy you snacks for you won't get out the truck
Cons
You never have time to eat if you don't pack a lunch
Selective memory
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 14, 2019
South Carolina branch is worse than the Clearwater branch.. Back biters jellybacks,if you get sick they don't care.. Management is passive aggressive, claims he's a good person but you have to tell people you're a good person, watch out for that... Co workers attempt to act like supervisors but don't act their wage.. The territory management is a sloth
Pros
You're driving a truck it's cool, until they attempt to blow your phone up while driving and they expect you to answer
Cons
No accountability, favoritism
Stressful environment not really family or single parent oriented.
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FL 33760January 11, 2019
Poor in being a family or single parent employer. Has a ridiculously high turn over rate because of an attendance policy that uses a point system. Depending on the departmemt training is awful. (side by side).
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
normal day
Commercial Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 20, 2018
I work remotely from home. So I am able to balance work and home. There are times where I have to work over the weekends. There are times where we are overworked and under appreciated.
Poor management
route driver and merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLDecember 11, 2018
Too fast paced with amount of work they give you . Do not distribute even amount of work evenly to co workers . They favor other employees with less work so they can have it easier than others . Makes the driving more of a risk of a accident .
Pros
Cons
work to look for another job
Lots of work
Market Manager II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 13, 2018
The upper management in Florida was not in touch with the day to day activity of the employees. They often asked us to do things that went against DOT regulations.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
work/ life balance was way out of whack
Not the job you may want
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake VANovember 13, 2018
Pay and management was horrible. Equipment was unsafe broke down twice being 2 hours away from warehouse. They don't care as long as you get the job done. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Stay away!
Cons
Bad management, lack of driver support, lack of advancement
Driver (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 8, 2018
Its either rush rush rush 14 hr days in the summer 5-6 days a week or 20-30 hrs on a 4 day week in the winter. the management support is usually nonexistent. if you do have a problem the usual response is figure it out.

they dont reward hard work,and the pay raises are laughable. Come winter time they look for reasons to fire people, only to rehire more people come spring. worked there a year and turnover for a shop with 7 regular drivers was 15 people in just the year i worked there.
Pros
easy work
Cons
management, no job/life balance.
I loved that place!
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2018
I grew as a person with this place, and in a way with this market. It was only open a year prior to my start date. I started as a simple driver, but quickly ranked up within. I was a single finger typer, but quickly grew into a typist! This place was great to work at. The different day to day life, was always something I looked forward to. Sure miss ya PODS....
Pros
Everyday is different, flexibility, culture
Cons
Lack of advancement, and "tuition reimbursement"

Want to know more about PODS?

Ask a question
relaxed environement
Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2018
Great experience as my first job in Las Vegas. I worked with individuals who liked my work performance. Looking to grow professionally and gain more experience.
Used to be a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 25, 2018
I worked here twice. Once with the original family owners and it was a very good experience. The 2nd time it was under the ownership of an investment group and very disappointing. Executives are incompetent at the top level and just want to preserve their incomes and keep the owners happy. Good people in the lower ranks but poor morale unfortunately. Could be so much more but the inept Windstream crew will never advance this company. Stayed just long enough to get a new job paying double what I made at PODS.
Pros
Commute for me
Cons
Many minefields to navigate for the inexperienced manager
I am happy working here
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 20, 2018
Great company to work for. I appreciate the fact that I have a work life balance. You don't find that in a lot of jobs these days. The is also a perk as well.
An experience that I can use in the future
Manufacturing Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 13, 2018
I gained a lot of experience working there and I enjoyed the people I worked with. I learned new skills and different responsibilities that now help me in my current job.
pods driver/warehouse
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2018
double checking your load and destination of your load. Always call the customer ahead of time to give them there ETA of there storage.
always on the road hardest part was the elements of snow,rain,heat,and traffic. best part was the hydraulic lift the podzilla and the locations and drive.
Just a job
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 1, 2018
Management was excellent. The job seems not very difficult but its a lot harder than just placing containers. You document everything on a phone and have to call the customers as well. The Pod-Zilla hydraulics were jerky, sometimes fast so it easy to damage property. The trucks were in fairly good condition. I wouldn't recommend working here because of the pay verses the responsibility involved. You are ultimately responsible for everything that happens even if it was caused by the placement of a container by another employee.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Equipment, Responsibilty
No career prospects, hard work is NOT rewarded
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 28, 2018
Terrible management and awful hours. The summer time they will run you 6 days a week at the maximum allowed 14 hours per day. In the winter time they will find reasons to fire people after they've ensured them their jobs are safe and cut hours to 20-35 hours on a 4 day work week. Very inconsistent and not reliable for anyone trying to provide for a family. Not the place for a professional looking to advance their career. Very low pay and laughable annual raises ~5 to 12 cents per hour increase. The absolute worst training I've ever received at any job which they should be ashamed of especially with the amount of recorded and non recorded accidents including damage to houses property cars and driving into low bridges. A company with a wonderful idea that will NEVER reach its true potential with its current brass.
Pros
snacks
Cons
Always more work forced upon a driver when done with their route
Was like driving a giant remote control vehicle
Driver (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 23, 2018
Direct contact with several customers a day. Made sure that they were happy and satisfied at all times. Pickup and deliver of the customer container to 1 or more locations.
Pros
Fun friendly atmosphere
Unorganized
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 13, 2018
Expect you to finish other peoples routs claiming they are 3 hrs behind then when you finish the other jobs that person will be back and left so when you finish your 13 hour day expect to do other peoples jobs
Well compensated but very stressful and hard schedule
UNIVERSAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 11, 2018
They train and compensate incredibly well but even with the perks of PTO, and benefits its an extremely fast paced/high stress environment with very long hours and mandatory overtime.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Extremely high stress fast paced