PODS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 6, 2018
It is a nice place to work especially if you like to drive and meet new people. There is little to no stress and the warehouse program is simple to use.
Pros
laid back
Cons
long days
pros
Inbound Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 28, 2018
Loved my communication with customers everyday from all over the country. Lots of fun figuring out their needs and completing orders to either arrange move or onsite service. I was on the positivity committee and we did do many fun actives for employees.
Great place to get a start in CS
Live Chat Sales agent (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 24, 2018
I have enjoyed working at the Sales and Service center in Clearwater, FL. There are many ways to move within departments if your metrics meet requirements, but if you are out of compliance then you cannot be moved. The stress of "busy" season can get trying at times due to lack of communication between local market managers and call center. Be prepared to deal with frustrated customers when move doesn't go exactly as planned. The best part of working here is the culture created between teams and management. Supervisors will try all possible to help you grow within the company if you ask them.
worst place don't applie
employee (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 22, 2018
no job security no job advancement young and inexperienced managers very condescending staff lack of leadership only good things are benefits. no raises
Stressful work environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 13, 2018
PODS can be a very stressful work environment. You constantly are taking calls back to back. You constantly are getting upset or angry customers. It can be very difficult to get responses from managers.
Spokane needs new management
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJune 7, 2018
I think it would be a good place to work if you had a manager that was on top of things and was more involved with what was going on. No set schedule ,you never knew what route or truck you were going to get and vary unorganized.. That's just my 2 cents...
Pros
Meet some cool people... Customers
Cons
management, pay, equipment
Stressful
Lead-CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJ 08360June 5, 2018
It could be a great job if the routing was done better and there were more attention paid to the warehouse by management. Its counterproductive when you have to drive 2 hrs for 1 job and you have a route with 8+ jobs for the day. Its also extremely stressful when you have people either leaving or being fired from your team and you still have to meet the same amount of numbers. The job as i said earlier would be great but the decision making that goes on by the higher ups makes it very unappealing. There was a manager that was hired for our warehouse but his position was short lived. He got a taste of what I had explained earlier and decided to leave the position because of the long hours and routing. I think that says enough. I truly believe that the lack of consideration for the drivers makes it a hard place to work for especially when you have a 1 hour commute to and from work.
Fun place to work
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 5, 2018
I love everything about the job -- the company culture, you feel like you're your own boss and everyone treats you fairly and importantly. I enjoyed the whole orientation we went through and I think it's the best moving company in the world and helps us make an impact in customer service.
Pros
Free snacks and lunches
Cons
insufficient overtime
Cutthroat's they smile in your face and stab you in the back.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 28, 2018
You're just a number, and you'd better do what's asked or they will chop you down. They play the favorites with the cry-baby drivers who seek to have a life outside of work. They keep selling the company to different companies because they are afraid it will become unionized. Then they will have to pay what it's worth.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
No time for yourself or your family.
productive and fun workplace
clerical assistant (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAMay 21, 2018
the staff is incredible, the management is great, the best part of the job is being able to work at home half the time. flexible with my hours of schooling.
Customer Service
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 17, 2018
I worked at PODS years ago. I felt the culture was ok co workers very helpful. However I felt as a Customer Service Agent we lied daily to the customers on the phone. The PODS were not as big as we told them it was.

It was just a shame in a lot of ways and most people were not happy
with the move itself. And actually found the POD experience a rip off
Pros
Very Helpful Co-Workers they would put seasoned employees with new hires in the cubicals
Cons
The system
Horrible place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 14, 2018
The staff and management @ PODS in North Charleston SC is the absolute worst business I have ever dealt with. I would not recommend them to any customer. They do not care about your belongings that you may have inherited from late relatives passed down from generation to generation. Or things that you worked hard for and paid a lot of hard earned money to buy. I cannot express enough that you should not business with this company.
Pros
Cons
Careless
Good fun job for drivers
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 5, 2018
Good job but winter they cut your hours in half and make you work weekends. They don't lay off for winter. If they do you lose all come back as new employee. It is similar to doing roll off.
Pros
Easy work most of the time
Cons
They could care less if you stay in the winter.
Fun and productive atmosphere
Vice President, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 31, 2018
Company was sold. Staff was let go.

Responsibilities for the Sirata Beach Resort included:
• Re-branding; Development of Marketing, Creative, Media Briefs; Public Relations; Art Direction; Direct to Consumer; SEO/SEM; Keyword Optimization; Social Marketing Advertising
• Emphasis on tracking metrics and results (including ROI measurements)
Pros
good people
Cons
Private company was sold. No one knew.
Long days - required to work weekends
Driver, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 29, 2018
Liked working for PODS but they required that I work weekends and that was hard for me because of family life. Also would work long hours, not knowing when I would be done at the end of each day.
Competitive.
Pros
Out and about all the time - not stuck indoors all day
Cons
short breaks
Stressful
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 28, 2018
slightly poor management no over time allowed favoritism towards other employee being treated like an idiot no trust some respect treating us like children
Pros
Cons
no over time pay not good
terrible
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDMarch 28, 2018
managers can do anything they want. and will lie for each other HIGHLY unprofessional. rule after rule after rule to see if you break any of them. work there at your own risk
Pros
Cons
eveything
Fiendly enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 27, 2018
Best place I have ever worked, all rounded call center nice break room and lunch areas, lots of friendly people, the higher management is down to earth and very friendly, you hear open door policy, this company has it good.
Pros
working there
Cons
not working there
easy job
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEMarch 25, 2018
This job is easy to do. You make interesting people when deliverying the pods. Management likes to play favoritism with some employees and punish others by placing them areas no one wants to do regardless of seniority. The hours are not worth it. some weeks you may get 40 plus hours and others you are lucky if you get 30 hours. I would not recommend this company for employment.
Pros
easy to do
Cons
favoritism, back stabbing, poor equipment to work with
Great Job to have
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 25, 2018
PODS is a great place to work if you like sitting all day and being on the ball the entire time. Their biggest thought process is the bottom line rather than you. If one person does something wrong, everyone pays the price rather than that person.
Pros
Cons
Pay, point system for missed time.