Poet Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work with a excellent teaching environment.
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 30, 2017
I learned a lot by working at Poet. They were very nice and informative to the interns and gave us fun challenges that allowed us to learn. Everyone was friendly
POET is a great company to work for.
CARE Team (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 6, 2017
POET is a company that encourages innovation, invests in its team members and provides challenging/rewarding work. I have been provided with many opportunities to advance my career and continue learning. The pay is competitive and the benefits are great.
Pros
Technology, work-life balance, ability to advance career, community involvement, work environment/culture.
summary overall
Lab Technician III (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, INApril 10, 2017
Long hours most holidays is a must work. There is never a day the workplace is closed. High turn over rates. Very poor management in the Lab. Not a secure environment. Good pay. Very dirty and at times dangerous job.
Pros
some free lunchs and not a ton of employees
Cons
vacation time and holidays off. poor management, very dirty hot/coldenviroment
Easy pace of work.
Scale Master (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, SDDecember 27, 2016
A typical day of work was very nice. some days unexpected delays would happen but you would work as a team to work through them.
depends which plant
employee (Former Employee) –  Glenville, MNDecember 13, 2016
Compensation is fair enough. You have to be careful how much work you take on. You can easily overwhelm yourself. A full effort isn't always put out so there's always a little extra work to be done. Safety is pretty good. Some turnover but most all has been positive with positions filled with higher caliber employees. Good place to be if you are intelligent, have ethics, and easily establish good work relationships. Some may wish to slow it down union style but they are few and outnumbered by the new and motivated.

Biggest fear is burnout, lack of recognition, and punishment for failure. Failure because you are doing so much you are spread thin. If you can bring your A game annnnnd not mess up it's a good place to be.
Pros
Top boss is a ROCKSTAR! He is an ethanol manager deity, Competent fair and realist, he is building a fantastic team his new hires have been phenomenal
Cons
IT updates or worse computer programs not working (infrequent), Small changing room.
They maybe a christian company. But its ran like a concentration camp
Operations (Current Employee) –  Mitchell sdNovember 27, 2016
If you have a family or a life. This is not the place for you.
I was mislead on what I was actually going to be doing in my day to day tasks if I would have know what they really wanted me to do. Sit in front of computers for 12 hrs at a crack. I would have stayed at my old job. Rotating nights and weekends and holidays.
Hard to get time off without switching shifts with someone.
I was also told I'd have to come in once every 4-6weeks on a day off for a shutdown. Well it's been every other week and sometimes every week.
Pros
Pay is ok for mitchell sd
Cons
What breaks? What family?
Dangerous thoughtless
Technician (Former Employee) –  Emmetsburg, IAAugust 3, 2016
This company reacts before it thinks. Local Management is 20 years behind the times. Meetings about the meetings you just had meetings about
Pros
local pay
Cons
your body, your pride, your soul
very hard to even give 1 star
maintenance (Former Employee) –  iowaNovember 10, 2015
This company is a joke. Wages are inconsistant and work training is a figure it out on your own. If you like working somewhere that's stuck in the 70's then this is the place for you.
Enjoy My Job and our TEAM!
Lab Tecnician 2 (Current Employee) –  Albert Lea,mnJuly 19, 2015
I enjoy my hours. I enjoy our Team.
I like the constant challenges my job offers.
I like the open door policy that our Management Team offers.
Our General Manager is amazing.
The hardest part of my job is Coke and NSF Audits.
The most enjoyable part is my team I work with!
Pros
My Hours
Cons
Job can be dangerous