Point Loma Nazarene University Employee Reviews

Incredible environment with possible advancements
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2018
The work environment for my particular job was centered on teamwork and collaboration while still trusting in the ability to make quick and reliable decisions individually. The management is very understanding of personal issues as faith is another main focus of working at Point Loma. You get to make incredible connections while developing great people and problem solving skills.
Good work place
Admissions Assistant/Tour Guide- Part Time (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a receptionist and a tour guide in the admissions office. I felt cared for and supported. The rest of the staff was very positive. I would recommend.
I want to advance but need a Doctorate to get hired.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2018
I wish my 2 Masters were enough to get hired full time.
I enjoy working as an adjunct teacher but would be willing to leave the elementary school I work in to work full time with adults and new projects. I would like to help set up a bilingual education for teachers-to-be with my Spanish skills.
Pros
Working with adults
Cons
Not getting hired full time
Terrific place to work!
Senior Marketing Writer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 29, 2018
Amazing colleagues, environment and projects. Strong teamwork culture. Encouraging and respectful Christian workplace. Outstanding leadership within the university and within the marketing department.
loved it
Mail Services Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2018
I worked with steve and loved him. It was an environment that often was fast-paced, yet organized enough to take any of the curveballs that were thrown at them. I loved working here.
Student Jobs
Media Services Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2018
Pretty easy and helpful student job as an IT help desk operator. Gave me the chance to do a lot of homework and brush up on my customer service skills.
Pros
money
Cons
no benefits
Big happy family
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2018
PLNU brings peace to the people and working at PLNU I've learned a lot of skills. I've learned about gluten free products and the allergies the kids have to non gluten free foods.
Excellent Culture
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 22, 2017
PLNU is a fantastic place to work. Clear mission. Strong leadership. Highly recommend. Wish the salaries were more competitive, but they make up for it with benefits.
Great Place to Work
Financial Aid Officer-Loan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 13, 2017
I loved working at PLNU. The culture of the campus was supportive and family oriented. The hardest part of the job was the workload I had to take on as a remote employee, but the most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere, the support from management and that I did not have to take work home with me.
Skills Lab Assistant
Skills Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
This job is reserved for senior nursing students and can be competitive to come by. This job is a great refresher for senior students when it comes to basic nursing skills that were learned in sophomore year.
Great job - Great Work Life Balance
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2017
The caliber of students makes this a great place to work as well as the view. Professors are given a lot of autonomy in their curriculum development which was wonderful. While female professors are increasing, the good ol boys club still exists unfortunately. More diversity in hiring (in all areas) needs to improve.
Athletics Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2017
Good place to work if you are looking for a positive atmosphere! Hard work and must be self motivated. Hardest part of the job was making sure I had enough hours.
It was great
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2017
Point Loma Nazarene University's chemistry department is a great place to work. The management is fair, benefits are reasonable, and the work of investing in student's lives is important and rewarding.
Excellent workplace with a caring community.
Worship Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2017
A typical day at work involves conversation with excellent coworkers and directors that stir personal growth and goes beyond the superficial workspace.
Point Loma
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2017
I had three Jobs at Point Loma, Office Assistant, Lab Assistant and Research Assistant. You don't get benefits because they're student work places for work studies only on campus. You go on vacation whne the campus goes on vacation. If you're sick you call out its fine.
Pros
summer researchers got breafast snacks and lunch once a week from the staff
Cons
sometimes research would take longer than 8 hours a day but it would average out to 8 hours, Lab Assisting was without cons, as was office assisting
Productively and gracefully place to work
Multicultural Liaison (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2017
Great place to work. I love the culture of the university. They are pro people. People is treated with honor and respect, no matter what is their cultural, social, economic, educational status.
Pros
Great Benefits, Plave to growth, location
Cons
non
Teacher's Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2017
Job security was good, I was never in risk of losing my position. Very relaxed as per my position. But knowing the professor for the position was required so there wasn't very much competition for said position.
I went to school here
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Point Loma, CAMay 31, 2017
This is the school I went to, Indeed made me write a review as if I were employed here but I was not. Anyways the school is great and the view is unbeatable!
Beautiful location in a traditional Christian environment
International Ministries Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 29, 2017
The organization is growing and necessary changes are taking place. This is a great place to work if you like to surround yourself with natural beauty; the ocean view is amazing! Most students and co-workers are pleasant to work with. There are great benefits but the pay is not very good and there aren’t very many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Great benefits like health insurance, 403B, appreciation events, reduced meals in the cafeteria, tuition remission, reduced tuition for dependents, and discounted development center for children ages 3 and 4.
Cons
Few opportunities for growth, low pay, HR does not always respond well or fast to complaints, minimal training
People are great, pay is terrible
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2017
The people I work with are very nice and hard working people. The only problem is that we're working a full time job that normally would pay 5 -10 dollars an hour more minimum at anywhere else in San Diego. We're all frustrated with the low pay, and the HR department does whatever it (legally) can to not give us our benefits. The plus side to the job, is being able to work right next to the ocean, we do get a good amount of time off. The most enjoyable part of the day is being able to work outdoors right next to the ocean. the hardest part is not making enough money to be able to live in San Diego. I've had to get a second job just to make ends meet.
Pros
ocean, vacation time, outdoors
Cons
bad pay, hard work days, short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Point Loma Nazarene University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight