Point Loma Nazarene University Employee Reviews

Very Bad Student Employee Management
Delivery Driver/Carpenter's Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 11, 2019
Extremely bad respect and treatment of student employees. Treated us like children and discounted all previous "real job" experience that I had. Told me that I would never get a "real job"
Productive and Fun Workspace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2019
The work is always exciting. There are both individual and collaborative expectations. I greatly enjoy the work atmosphere and the access to many minds and resources.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Unpredictable work-load
Solid organization, healthy culture, lots of potential for growth
Senior Director, Enrollment Management (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2018
Great university, highly qualified staff and faculty, lots of extra things for staff to engage in. Can be stressful work with long hours, hard to manage the work life balance, but overall I would highly recommend anyone work there!
Wonderful people, difficult environment
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 10, 2018
Working at PLNU is an incredibly heart-warming experience, but it is low paying with very little room for growth.
The work came in waves with season of incredibly slow work and seasons of working overtime. The people I worked with were wonderful, but I was going nowhere fast. It is a Christ-centered environment which is really nice!
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2018
Fun place to work depending on your position. Can be different depending on your job. As a researcher it was enjoyable, the literature and writing could be stressful but it was mostly on your own time.
Great community of people
Graduate Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2018
Everyone treats you like family. Very great community culture at PLNU. Graduate programs could be more integrated with the rest of the University, but overall amazing experience!
Incredible environment with possible advancements
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2018
The work environment for my particular job was centered on teamwork and collaboration while still trusting in the ability to make quick and reliable decisions individually. The management is very understanding of personal issues as faith is another main focus of working at Point Loma. You get to make incredible connections while developing great people and problem solving skills.
Good work place
Admissions Assistant/Tour Guide- Part Time (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time as a receptionist and a tour guide in the admissions office. I felt cared for and supported. The rest of the staff was very positive. I would recommend.
I want to advance but need a Doctorate to get hired.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2018
I wish my 2 Masters were enough to get hired full time.
I enjoy working as an adjunct teacher but would be willing to leave the elementary school I work in to work full time with adults and new projects. I would like to help set up a bilingual education for teachers-to-be with my Spanish skills.
Pros
Working with adults
Cons
Not getting hired full time
Terrific place to work!
Senior Marketing Writer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 29, 2018
Amazing colleagues, environment and projects. Strong teamwork culture. Encouraging and respectful Christian workplace. Outstanding leadership within the university and within the marketing department.
Great Job
Student A/V Tech (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2018
It was a great job for a student worker. Bosses are amazing and are very flexible with work hours for students. Many chances to move up and get paid more.
loved it
Mail Services Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2018
I worked with steve and loved him. It was an environment that often was fast-paced, yet organized enough to take any of the curveballs that were thrown at them. I loved working here.
Student Jobs
Media Services Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2018
Pretty easy and helpful student job as an IT help desk operator. Gave me the chance to do a lot of homework and brush up on my customer service skills.
Pros
money
Cons
no benefits
Big happy family
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2018
PLNU brings peace to the people and working at PLNU I've learned a lot of skills. I've learned about gluten free products and the allergies the kids have to non gluten free foods.
Excellent Culture
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 22, 2017
PLNU is a fantastic place to work. Clear mission. Strong leadership. Highly recommend. Wish the salaries were more competitive, but they make up for it with benefits.
Great Place to Work
Financial Aid Officer-Loan Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 13, 2017
I loved working at PLNU. The culture of the campus was supportive and family oriented. The hardest part of the job was the workload I had to take on as a remote employee, but the most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere, the support from management and that I did not have to take work home with me.
Had a great time working in Point Loma, CA
Marketing & Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2017
Loved working and growing at PLNU. I am an alum of the school and I am currently working at becoming an adjunct faculty member. I had a great overall experience both as a student and working there.
Skills Lab Assistant
Skills Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2017
This job is reserved for senior nursing students and can be competitive to come by. This job is a great refresher for senior students when it comes to basic nursing skills that were learned in sophomore year.
Great job - Great Work Life Balance
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2017
The caliber of students makes this a great place to work as well as the view. Professors are given a lot of autonomy in their curriculum development which was wonderful. While female professors are increasing, the good ol boys club still exists unfortunately. More diversity in hiring (in all areas) needs to improve.
Athletics Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2017
Good place to work if you are looking for a positive atmosphere! Hard work and must be self motivated. Hardest part of the job was making sure I had enough hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Point Loma Nazarene University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Point Loma Nazarene University Reviews by Location