Point Pickup Technologies

Point Pickup Technologies Employee Reviews

United States68 reviews
Featured review
Point Pickup Technologies selected this as a representative review
You can get notifications for every delivery order that is available in different locations and stores. It’s a good side job from my personal view. You can get fresh air everyday if you get bored at home you can go out, finish a delivery, make 10$ come back home!
I love Independent Contractor jobs because of the flexibility. However, $6.50 an hour after gas is absurd. More than half of the customers don't tip. If you could take 2 orders at once, it would be worth it. Customer Service is pathetic because the reps don't care at all.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Pay
Point pick up is okay, it helps me with babysitting issues in a way that I don’t have to worry of anymore because I bring him along with me, but management sucks they never answer the phone and they take a percentage of your tips, communication is horrible, you don’t get paid on wednesday as they claim, your paid on fridays and your balance is inaccurate most of the time you don’t see your complete balance till monday night or tuesday night your constantly emailing them about missing payment and your payments move up by bits and pieces, for instance one min it 58.00 Then like 15 to 20 minutes it can move up to 65.00 Dollars so your constantly checking your balance to make sure its accurate so keep up with your pay and mainly tips they have shorted me 50.00 In tips....,
Pros
Set own schedule, Easy Money
Cons
Management, communication, payout
I give this company two stars because the pay sucks...I don’t like the fact that I have to wait over a week just to get the little bit of money I do make. They been talking about changing and making to where we get paid instant that’s been about a year ago. Until they do so I will not be working for them anymore. Also they cut down the starting pay ..prices is steady going up but they want to cut down the starting pay which is ridiculous.
Pros
Work on your own time, have plenty of orders to choose from if ur in a big city
Cons
Starting pay, long wait for payout
I love being in control of my schedule and that as a recently single mother I can take my kids along with me to orders. It saves a ton of money on a sitter and teaches my kids the importance of team work. I also love that I don't have to worry about forcing a mask on me or my kids due to health reasons. Which most other employers do and could be fined for. Especially those with health reasons.
Pros
Own boss. No uniform. Flexible schedule.
Cons
Reception, poor communication, poor management
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Do not I repeat do not work for this company they will not pay you what they owe you and they dont care at all when you contact them I never got paid at all
If you like to be misled, ignored, thrown under the bus and paid terrible wages to work on your own schedule-sort of-you will LOVE working for Point Pickup.

I worked for this company for one day. Here's why: After an incredibly friendly member of administration called to welcome me to the company and.sing the praises of their support system, I was left out to dry. The app had issues, the stores had issues in executing the orders, and the customers were left out of the loop as to why large portions of their orders were missing. EVERY ORDER had an issue and I could not get ahold of support once for active orders.

Since nobody answers the phone or checks the voicemail, I had to pull over after a long, exhausting day to chat first with an unhelpful robot and then with a rude, uncouth human support agent. I was polite but firm about my terrible experience up to that point. The agent responded to my detailed account of the issues I'd encountered, the last and most upsetting being the epic tongue lashing I received from a customer because 1) the store screwed up her order and 2) I was not able to get ahold of support to sort it out, by simply asking me for an order number. No acknowledgment of my experience or their inability to provide proper support whatsoever was given.

I emailed support a detailed report of everything (including my failed chat session and asked that my account be deactivated. I received an automated reply that I should hear back within 48 hours but it could be SLIGHTLY longer. It's been ten days. No response and my account is still active. This company
 - more...
Pros
Not an employee
Cons
Expendable
Ever sense the change to stripe things are horrible, they owe me money and won't respond I have sent 8 text messages and still nothing, you can't call this company sucks, imma get my pay one way or another
Pros
They suck
Cons
They still suck
the customer service and attitude towards drivers is absolutely disgusting. I was screamed at for trying to get help. This company only cares about the stores and will not listen to drivers. They make us go through an automated chat that does nothing to help. I would stick with other delivery apps like shipt.
Pros
Decent pay, tips
Cons
terrible customer service, poor management, app has tons of glitches
It's a great job if you like working for $8.10 an hour because all the drivers get paid per hour since you can only have one delivery per hour. More than half the customers don't tip. The way you get the jobs is from the app.
Pros
Pick the deliveries you want
Cons
Unfair delivery acceptance
I was delivering for months when I started having system problems which the mgmt couldn't figure out. When i asked about it for weeks on end all I got was an extremely unprofessional and disrespectful unwillingness to help. This was a problem on their end with their system. I literally, myself, did 70% of all the deliveries for the forest lake area so you'd think they would've wanted to help. l strongly recommend finding a different place to work
Pros
some very friendly customers
Cons
very rude and unprofessional management and staff
I have had great experiences with this company. You make your own schedule, and be your own boss. Great support team at Point Pickup, the complaints about customer service and not getting paid are not true. The company went through a major growth spurt due to the pandemic and they were over loaded. They had to add a whole team of people to meet the demands of drivers and customers. They were able to pull it together, the complaints I'm guessing are coming from that period of time. Understandly so, they went from 5,000 drivers to I believe over 50,000 drivers within weeks during the onset of the pandemic. In my opinion they handled it very well under the circumstances. They seem to have worked out all the kinks. I truly appreciate the company and my job. I have been with them since May 2019.
Pros
Flexibility, freedom, you set your own hours and work area. Nice to provide a needed service to people.
Cons
Not the greatest pay, but you receive tips, Getting up early to get orders.
Pay is minimal, very few people tip the driver, I've been belittled by customers, I've not been paid for orders cancelled by the company even though the guidelines state that drivers will not be penalized, policies change but drivers are not informed if the changes. The company slogan is 'we care about our drivere' completely false statement. And driver support is non-existent but make a mistake and management is quick to let you know about it. All in all avoid contracting with Point Pickup. Its simply not worth the aggravation.
Pros
Cons
Listed above
Surprised a major company subcontracts to such a sleazy company. Base pay is insulting to working people and the tips from customers are almost non existent. These jobs are not worth doing if the customers do not tip and I only receive tips on probably 20% of my orders I’ve done so far. This app usually stays off on my phone because I got better things to do than waste my time but every now and then when I’m bored I’ll look and see if a previous customer that tipped needs groceries. My advice to anyone thinking of doing this gig is to stay away, it’s better than nothing I guess but not really your are destroying your car for almost no pay, after taxes, gas, and car wear you are almost paying them to work for them. Stay away!!!!
Pros
1099 job so work whenever.
Cons
Horrid pay, bad app design.
This company does not have any purpose you are underpaid for deliveries constantly harassed by support staff hours before delivery is deal support staff pick and choose who to give deliveries to even though you're supposed to be able to choose your own delivery constantly playing favorites does not pay on time and in some cases not at all you will work one day and only get paid for half the work you do and if they do not show you to pay anything after 12 and always say it will show up the next day but it doesn't
Pros
Cons
Untimely pay, refuse to talk, can only contact through online chat, will not pay you on time
fast paced , flexibility, it's worth a shot . be your own boss get paid . customer service can be slow . pay can be better. learn new thing everyday
I’m starting to suspect they are keeping my tips. I have repeat customers who ALWAYS tip and I get the notification usually pretty quick. I’ve taken 26 deliveries in the last 3 days and have only gotten 4 bucks in tips which is not normal- I usually keep about a 60% tip rate. I’m pretty much the only driver that shows up. I get tons of extra orders because other drivers don’t show up. Starting to lose my patience with this place
Pros
No boss, nice customers
Cons
Questionable ethics. Possibly stealing tips
This is the worst job I ever had management is rude. They talk to you like you there child. I wouldnt recommend nobody to do this job. The pay aint worth it. Yo back be hurting, fingers cramping up all for 8 or 7 dollars. Dont reimburse for gas or nothing.
Pros
Work the hours you wanna work
Cons
The pay is bad
App is easy to use. Everything has went smoothly from beginning to end, every time. And the pay is fair. They actually keep in touch with you, are there when you have any problems. I can't complain even a little bit. Have to admit... I have made quite a bit of spending money.
I like driving and pleasing people so this job checks those boxes. The difficulty is getting steady consistent delivery orders as the new orders roll out from 230-4am, you need excellent WiFi and to be awake for 1.5 hours to request deliveries (which you may not get any). Last year, a support rep would assist with an order problem, and now only a chat line is available which has not been very effective in my opinion (remember, this is food that needs refrigeration).
Dont care about their drivers would rather listen to the store that under contract with them than their employees. Pay sucks the time for hours suck management sucks. Smart mouth managers no room for growth or to move up.in a position. Customers should not be allowed to talk to drivers in anyway they feel. Praise and as appreciation is not given by anyone from PPU
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Point Pickup Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.
2.3