Point Pickup Technologies

Point Pickup Technologies Employee Reviews for Driver

Driver78 reviews
United States78 reviews

pickupdeliverydriverorderpointchatgigpick

What is the best part of working at the company?Flexibility to work own scheduleWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not giving orders fairly through App

Worse app ever

This one the worse delivery apps EVER. The app is always crashing. Whenever I go to scan the item, the app freezes. I have to restart my phone and then wait almost ten minutes for it to work. They deactivate you for no reason. Customer service is a joke. These people do not care about you. You're expendable to them.

Point Pickup Technologies insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment

There horrible please run

You will spend more in gas then u make and now u can’t chat with anyone at a reasonable time since they made you update the app. Will only pay you maybe 2$ for cancelled order even after you’ve driven miles and will cancel your order for no reason so many times you will lose count even while you’re there. Will block your account and takes forever to get it back. They seem to hate there drivers no tips no incentives not a good company please don’t waist your time but I know some will and I feel sorry for your lost already

What is the best part of working at the company?Respectfully, Nothing at all. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!!! Simplest way to put it!! THEY ARE A HORRIBLE COMPANY, who cares VERY little about their Drivers. Not interested AT ALL at trying to help! Used to be able to chat now you can ONLY email them. Long story short. I completed a order, Didn’t get paid… They told me it would be there shortly… took 5 days… Finally received it.. and they won’t let me take it out, Told them again(very frustrated at this point that they are basically playing with my Money and Time) Now they simply do not reply to me. Soooo Drove 30 miles for absolutely no reason DELETED YOUR ACCOUNT ASAP. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Not good. Poor. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Slow. Not good.

Stores assign work to drivers rather than assigning through the app.

Being a driver, available orders are posted and whomever get it first is assigned. Unfortunately, most orders are assigned through the store to the driver or drivers that have relations to people that work at the store, so there are actually very few orders that general drivers will be able to get. If family/friend works at stores then they will assign most, if not all orders to one or two drivers because they are family/friends, therefore it is a very unfair platform. Due to clients being that of Point Pick up, policy states that the client can use the platform however they want. ***If you as a driver are not family/friend you might earn $100 a week if you’re lucky, while the favorites will earn $500 +. The only positive, is that it does allow drivers flexibility to earn….when can!

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Favoritism

Stressful

I did 2 deliveries for point pick up and I still have not gotten paid the last delivery I did my phone lost signal so I wasn't able to verify that I dropped off the groceries because I had no signal I went through all that only to find out that I was blocked out of my account they haven't paid me and I basically got in trouble because I got lost but I still managed to drop off the groceries even though it was in a gated facility I did not have the code to get in the gate I had to wait for a random resident to come and I just drove in after them I was beyond mortified I was so embarrassed I dropped off the groceries only to find out the next day that I was blocked out of my account and I still have not gotten paid I would not recommend point pick up To anyone.

Flexible

Flexible schedule. Can pretty much make up your own hours. You get paid for the job that you do and tips are a bonus as well. People tend to be grateful that you’ve delivered what they wanted!

There is so much cons to this job I regret why I worked here . MISSING HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS!

the main thing about the company that i don't like is that they mess with your pay. and if you challenge them they will block your account. i spent countless months of trying to reach them via chat, in person, email and the only response i got by the team was to tell me that my account is blocked. ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MY MISSING PAYMENTS BUT YOU TELL ME MY ACCOUNT IS BLOCKED?

its a job

no support from the people that are making money off you, started out good but they constantly update the application which makes it even more unstable

Pros

work when you need

Cons

no help or communication unless they want to reach you

Manipulative management

I've done it on and off for about two years and I always have issues with the app, but most of all I always have issues with management. They are extremely aggressive and when you fall behind due to their app issues they take it out on you, I really don't feel respected and I got banned from certain stores like I was a thief due to their app not working and making my schedule awful. They don't like when you bail out due to waiting almost 2 hours and if you want off the order, you gotta wait line an hour to even get in contact. Beware

Pros

Cons

App, management, and wait times

An Absolute Joke

They lower your pay rate by 23% after 100 days and are skimming tips from the base pay. There’s no way to contact an actual representative and the numbers they text you from are burners, similar to that of telemarketers.

Pros

Cons

All of it

Suprisingly simple. work whenver you want too. But needs to make more locations available`

If i were to change anything about it, it would be the fact that there is basically no assistance whatsoever if you run into a situation where you need help. And It would be awesome if there was a walmart that i could deliver for that was closer to where i lived. other than that, this app really suprised me because it really is a great way to work for yourself. and you never have to worry about being late to work.. lol cuz you can start at anytime you feel like. Id recommend this app no doubt!

Pros

+work whenever +Pays good +work for yourself

Cons

-No benifits -Needs more locations -Little to no assistance for issues

A good side hustle

The pay isnt so great I feel like we should be getting way more then 8.50 min. for orders,but you can work when you can. The dispatchers need some training. Some of them create chaos for us drivers I think because they arent trained properly. But overall its like working for Uber or Postmates instead you are delivering groceries and you dont have to shop for the customers . I like that it has Instant pay with a fee, at first it was weekly. But, overall its ok ,if you need quick extra cash.

Pros

dont have to shop for customers

Cons

dispatchers dont know what they are doing

Independent, flexible, willing to change

I have worked for point pickup for a short time. I love being able to set my own schedule. I like delivery, my customers and making extra money on my own schedule. Point Pickup does not micromanage. The goals are crystal clear and simple to achieve.I have deep dissatisfaction with the difficulty in reaching support staff while on the job. The app is not so good that I never need help and getting someone to help often takes up to an hour. This slows me down and can impact my opportunity to make a tip on delivery. Having said that, the app is improving functionally and for support. I get the impression that the company is learning as they go and I see willingness to listen and improve.I most often deliver for Wal-Mart. 95% of my frustrations are beyond the control of Point Pickup. The Wal-Mart I go to is understaffed for supporting their volume of pickup and delivery. As a result it is common for drivers to have long wait times before their orders are available I am not sure if Point Pickup tracks trends such as driver wait time. I do know their app has a rapid response to built in time restrictions such as arriving on time , late deliveries, etc. Waiting 30 minutes or more to get the packages for delivery is demotivating, impacts production and tips.Point Pickup has the opportunity to be a jewel of a delivery service with employee enthusiasm and loyalty. I hope that remains true.

Pros

Flexibility, independence.

Cons

No way to contact point pickup other than online, Online service does not yet meet the demand of the volume of persons using the service.drivers.

I love the flexibility however I wish there was more support from the company

I love that I can set my own hours and drive when I choose to. I've turned my daughter and son-in-law on to it. We all love it. however there is great room from improvement. First accuracy in trip mileage. I took a run that quoted 11.83 miles which ended up being an actual 40+ miles. As a driver we take trips based on distance and pay. In this case I felt the distance was way off and so was the pay. I spent 2 hours on the run and left the city twice. I asked for more pay and was denied. Secondly PPU needs to improve access to customer service. Drivers need to be able to get in touch with customer service. Just like you want to call us immediately to inquire about a delivery we need to be able to call you immediately and reach a live person when we have issues with a delivery or pick up. Third, improve the app. Fix the glitches and the lag, please. Aside from that I think it is the best part time side gig there is. Also allow tips for general merchandise orders please. It's still a delivery and sometimes quite a few products of size or distance. A tip would be nice since the pay for the GM is often much less than a grocery run.

Pros

Set your own hours and schedule

Cons

App accuracy in trip information, pay and lack of ability to immediately contact driver support. We need a live person.

lol

lol this is a good place to work. make your own schedule and get paid daily. they will charge for daily but i thing i will work here forever because the pay is better

August 13, 2021
Thank you so much for being a part of the Point Pickup team and sharing your feedback. We are so pleased you are enjoying the benefits of making your own schedule and getting paid daily. We look forward to supporting your efforts in the future and we appreciate your hard work.

Alot of free time

This is an awesome way to make money especially when your car is easy on gas. Spend 20 on gas and make 100 or more a day. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with a part time job

Pros

Fun travel

August 2, 2021
We are so excited that you shared your experience working with us. We truly take pride in the opportunities we provide for our drivers and are so glad to hear you are working with us to earn additional income.

Still waiting to get paid.

I had been working for a month or so. I usually accepted jobs in the morning. But then I would keep looking at the assignments coming in. I felt a responsibility to accept when there was no one picking up. Almost two weeks ago, I picked up a late afternoon. Apartment on the 2nd floor. I'm 68 and bad knees. I delivered. It took three trips to deliver everything (even several bottles of liquor) very nice customer. App camera wouldn't take so I did what I was supposed to and took the required picks. Sent all of that in thru email and thru text (text attendant said they needed it too. They were not very organized). After all of that, the order got canceled! Numerous times asked why and NOBODY would respond. Sent the needed pics FOUR times and each time Id call, they wanted them AGAIN. It's almost two weeks and no pay ($27. Something cents)

Cons

Unorganized.

August 2, 2021
Thank you for your feedback and hard work making deliveries. We truly do appreciate your effort. Your experience at Point Pickup is important to hear and we will be looking into this internally. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

not terrible, but not great either

work is given out thru some algorithm which uses metrics that are kept secret from drivers. not first come first served. navigation which is supplied within the app has far too many errors which can send you far away from actual delivery point. difficult to make decent money unless/until you have worked every day for several weeks. is ok for supplemental income, but not so much for primary job

Pros

its a job

Cons

wear and tear on vehicle, pay not so great

Going down fast...

Things are going from bad to worst. There are too many drivers now. So if you're not constantly looking at your phone, you won't get any orders. Even if you are looking at your phone, by the time you try to accept an order it's already gone. Also, the pay has dropped so much that most of the time it's not worth accepting the order when you take into consideration the miles you have to drive. I can on and on, but those are my main complaints. Things used to be great, but now I find myself not even logging in the app and I'm looking for another side hustle. I feel bad for those that only have this job. I was doing it for extra money. The new drivers don't know any better, but eventually they'll learn unfortunately.

Pros

Work when you want. *maybe*

Cons

The people in charge are invisible and drivers don't have a voice.

July 21, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. There tends to be more competition in busier metropolitan areas. We are sorry that it has become difficult for you to pick up deliveries due to the number of new drivers working with us. We are continuing to grow, and there will be more opportunities for our drivers as we expand our business and reach. I am glad that you had a positive experience in the past, and we will work hard to regain your loyalty. We wish you luck in your side businesses, and we hope you will give Point Pickup another opportunity soon.

Setting your own schedule

White pick up is a great way for any single woman single mother grandparent young college student to develop customer service skills driving experience a flexible schedule and a great way to set your own pace and delivering your orders and getting paid showing extra customer service will increase your tips I have a tips are included once upon you received the order but it has not stopped customers for giving you a little extra for going the extra mile I strongly recommend point pick up for anyone wanting to set their own schedule and work when they want and where they work the companies expanding to further reduce in North Carolina so you can actually find stores that’s close to you and

Pros

Paid daily

Cons

I’d Ford mot scan

July 21, 2021
We are thrilled to hear that you have had a positive experience working with Point Pickup. We try to be the ideal gig for those looking for flexibility, independence, and good pay. We are glad to have you on our team and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Point Pickup Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Point Pickup Technologies with

Career recommendations for Driver

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Learn about Point Pickup Technologies in popular locations

• Point Pickup Technologies
  • Driver
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?