Polar Service Centers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Never have to worry about raises
Trailer Mechanic/Welder (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 5, 2018
Pay increase every 6 months until you reach top pay. Way better then having to change jobs in order to make another $1. I know how to make it to the next tech level and I've been able to learn new things while working here. Fast paced environment with lots of work. Gives me a chance to use my welding and mechanical skills and learn about tank repair.
Pros
good money, career path, benefits, work hours
Fast paced environment with plenty of oppurtunity for advancement
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 2, 2018
I came into this industry with very little experience in tanker trailer repair and inspection. I have been able to train with the senior mechanics along with online and class room training to learn all aspects of tanker trailer repair and inspection. I've always been treated like a valued member of the team. There have been many positive changes in management, safety culture, and overall pay and benefits in the last few years. I'm part of a bonus plan based on productivity that is paid out monthly and I get paid vacation and more paid holidays than most places offer. Like any other shop there deadlines and monthly quotas to meet but that's to expected no matter where you work. The best part of the job has been the ability to train and advance myself at my own pace. With the compensation program that is in place I know I will get raises at set intervals and I can get ahead even faster as I advance through the skill levels. Overall good place to work and good people to work for.
Pros
Knowledgeable mechanics, freindly staff, good pay, advancement oppurtunities
Cons
Commute
Better than a kick in the face with a golf shoe.
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 29, 2018
I’ve got Nearly 10 years working at the Kent branch. Here’s what I can say. You will be lured in with the promise of money and raises and fame and glory. They are all lies to get you in the door. They will promise advancement but keep it just out of reach no matter how hard you work. It’s a prime example of the donkey and the carrot. As far as the shop goes, some good guys. It’s the management that will drive most anyone nuts. Prepare to be expected to read minds and get no assistance when you need it. By the end of the work day you’ll feel like you’d probably be better off in a padded room trying to lick your own ear then try to go into work the next day. Good luck. You’re going to need it!
Pros
Jersey mikes is next door
Cons
Lies, opportunity for advancement kept just out of reach. Lack of raises.
Career advancement, on the job training, multiple increases per year!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 27, 2018
Industry leader with an outlined career path for technicians. Pay increases $1 per year until you achieve top pay which can be as much as $35/hr!

I truly enjoy the team I work with. We help each other to be successful and are always looking for ways to make our jobs more efficient. I would highly recommend Polar Service Centers to anyone that wants to take control of their earnings by being willing to learn more skills while on the job!
Pros
Career advancement, on the job training, multiple increases per year!
Spirited and Enjoyable environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2018
Great place to work! A team based environment with ambitious growth goals and an excellent opportunity to advance your career. I highly recommend Polar Service Centers!
Pros
Culture/Pay/Beneftis
Enjoyed working there
Maintenance/Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 20, 2018
I had a good working relationship with the team. It was a fun place to work. I was disappointed when my position was eliminated, but understood the financial decision.
Pros
Felt Valued
Cons
Not able to support my position
Poor management
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Was a very deceiving company to work for. was told that there would be room for advancement. Opened a new branch for them and when was up and running was released
It was a paycheck
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2018
The system was outdated. The general manager was great although off site majority of the time. The on site manager was degrading, offensive, critical and unrealistic in expectations. The work was easy but the personality of on site manager was intolerable.
Pros
It was a paycheck for a short amount of time.
Cons
Healthcare, lack of opportunity growth, advancement.
Boring
Parts sales (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 8, 2018
I am shocked at how much money is wasted by standing around on cell phones that goes on. Management i am sure is aware. There are good people that need jobs out there.
poor work place morale
employee (Former Employee) –  Rockdale, ILOctober 25, 2017
morale was horrible among coworkers. employees and management share their wages openly with others creating an undesirable working environment. EPA and OSHA guidelines not followed, putting workers and people in the surrounding environment at risk everyday.
Pros
quite a few paid holidays
Cons
unsafe working environment

Want to know more about Polar Service Centers?

Ask a question
awesome
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 17, 2017
Great place to work. They care about their employees but more importantly they care about their customers. The kind of place I enjoy being a part of.
great place to get a foot in the door
Apprentice/Lube Tech (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 10, 2017
worked well to complete my onsite work experience for school. learned the basic knowledge of maintaining a tractor and trailer. room for advancement is limited .
it was a job
Technician (Former Employee) –  sacramentoSeptember 24, 2017
it was okay. just like any other place it has its ups and downs. management was okay. people were okay, trailers were okay, but i didn't want to give it up all in all it was good
Pros
relaxed
Cons
just no training for entry level techs
Pleasant environment, great employers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work. Small family like environment of employers. The customers were easy to work with and management was wonderful. I had a chance to travel and visit other Polar companies and assist in training.
very poor morale at the Rockdale Illinois Location
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockdale, ILApril 23, 2017
Not a great place to work. Unsafe working conditions. Not OSHA friendly. Upper management lies to customers frequently and changes employee records and makes it hard to fire insubordinate employees.
Pros
a lot of paid holidays
Cons
poor upper management
skilled technicans
Service Writer/Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 21, 2017
Struggling to increase the bottom line due to not enough laborers to offset the cost of overhead. Benefit package was ideal due to a large corporate umbrella. The Billings location is not meeting a profitable bottom line.
benefits
Cons
upper management
A nice place to work
Shop mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time there because there did not seem to be any pressure imposed on us. We were given our assignments and supported along the way. The hardest part for me was waiting around for something to do, though that didn't happen often. The best part was working with a group of guys that supported each other.
Pros
nice people working there
Cons
working Saturdays
Build customer relationships.
Territorial Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 29, 2017
Visit customers on a daily basis to sell them product and services. Help customers with quotes, and their product needs. Find leads for the service center. The branch personnel are very helpful with assisting the customers that call in or stop into the branch.
I enjoy helping out customers solve their needs.
The toughest part about this job is being away from my family all week.
I have learned a lot about trailers and all the parts that are used on trailers.
Pros
Expense Account, company computer, Company Phone, Home every weekend
Cons
Large Territory(MT, Wy, and SD), Away from home every week
Tense, divisive environment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 7, 2016
KPI's (key performance indicators) are more important than actual performance. Day to day, everyone is concerned about whether or not they will have a job.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
lack of job security, no strategic direction
fun
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 13, 2016
Good place to work relaxed atmosphere. Co-workers are talented and have a lot of experience and will teach others with no grief .