Polar Tech Industries, Inc.

Polar Tech Industries, Inc. Employee Reviews

fun and friendly work place
i would stand at a machine to inspect styro foam coolers then stacked them on a cart and pulled the full cart into the dry room
while i was there i learned how to take measurements and weight for the coolers

management is good friendly and there to help

the hardest part of the job was keeping up with some of the machines that moved fast

most enjoyable part of the job was listing to music and being able to help others out
October 14, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Polar Tech is glad to have employees like you!
Company does not care about employes
This company does not pay enough for amount of work asked of associates. Poor management, lack of structure, no input from company into 401k, unfulfilled promises make this company nearly intolerable to work for, in my opinion.
October 14, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed you feel this way. Polar Tech encourages employees to share employment concerns directly with HR, especially regarding management concerns, 401K benefits, etc.
Feels like family
Working for Polar Tech makes me feel like I am part of the family. It is a family owned business that truly cares about people. When my coworker’s husband was in the hospital, they helped her and were there for her through the 6 month situation! They helped another coworker with a car. These were both good workers & people so the company went above and beyond to help. I don’t know any other companies that would do things like this. At Polar Tech, if we take care of each other, we all succeed.
October 14, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate our employees and you mention how we show it. You said it best:

"At Polar Tech, if we take care of each other, we all succeed."
Pis Poor management bad benefits
Poor management. DON'T apply unless you know Spanish. Bad benefits.Very dirty work place.Hire a bunch of temps...not likely to be hired direct.Big boss is the owners niece she wouldn't make it any where else!...a lot of nepotism....hiring family members.
Pros
Cons
Just about everything
October 14, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed you feel this way. Polar Tech does not condone the conditions you describe.

Polar Tech healthcare options are available a la cart through a national program with ADP; this includes the selection of the PPO or HDHP, plus Dental and Vision. In addition, the company pays 100% of employee Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short Term Disability, 401K, among other benefits.
Dont work as a team at all. Management is poor
Stressful place to work cant avoid the drama even if you try to. Poor Management. Good pay only reason im still there. Good 401k options available decent health insurance.
October 14, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed you feel this way. Your review indicates you worked for us in Cleveland, TN. Please note that Polar Tech Industries, Inc. does not have a facility in Tennessee.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
No Appreciation for the people that are making them millions. They say everyone is replaceable.
Lots of stress, people in management that know nothing about the job. New Owner fired upper level people to hire cheap help that needs training for positions. Lots of favoritism played by certain supervisor for some people. They offer health insurance but it's a P.O.S plan with high deductible. I suggest find a better company to work for.
Pros
Absolutley Nothing
Cons
Everything, Environment, stressful, hurry up but dont make a mistake, owner likes to call out people in front of everyone, Autumn is a real piece of work for b
August 12, 2019
We are disappointed you feel this way.

Polar Tech strives to hire and maintain the best employees in order to meet our customer's needs. Please note that our managers are still working here. In addition, on Sunday 08/03/2019, we just had a company picnic to show appreciation to our employees and their families.
August 12, 2019
Polar Tech Industries, Inc. has been in business for 35 years. Their is no "New Owner" as you claim in your review. Since 1984, our founder and owner has been managing Polar Tech.
Owner and Management do not care about the people doing the labor that makes them a profitable business
They have NO appreciation for employees. Management says there is always somebody new to fill your position. New people means cheaper pay and no benefits for 90 days. New owner fired all management to start over with entry level for cheaper payrpayroll
August 5, 2019
We are disappointed you feel this way.

Polar Tech strives to hire and maintain the best employees in order to meet our customers needs. Please note that our managers are still working here. In addition, on Sunday 08/03/2019, we just had a company picnic to show appreciation to our employees and their families.
You Can Flip Burgers For Better Money
Worked here as a temp. Was made abundantly clear to me on orientation you are not one of us. You get $9 an hour and do whatever we tell you. Just left me at work station with a kid who asked me for cigarettes and money instead of training me. No training. Just expected to know 6 different jobs. Constantly cant do anything right first day. yelled at and told you are dumb first day on the job. I'm surprised I wasn't asked to wipe attackers buts. Treated like garbage if friendly and ask questions. Insane heat not up to osha's standards. Was told going to the bathroom is a priviledge. Didnt know I was at Auschwitz. The workers are insanely depressed and rude. Avoid this dump at all costs unless your lawyer needs a lawsuit claim. $9 an hour lol.
August 5, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed you feel this way. Polar Tech encourages employees to share employment concerns directly with HR, especially regarding safety and training. We are looking into the things you describe as they are disturbing and clearly not ok.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Polar Tech Industries, Inc.?
Polartech
I highly recommend Polartech to work with because I’ve been there and it’s an easy job and you really don’t do much but you still get paid 400 to 500 dollars every week with your 40 hours daily
This place needs to be shut down for many reasons
This is the single most unsafe horribly ran and staffed place in probably the entire country let alone in DeKalb county/ Genoa they are not to code on anything they have maybe 25 real employees the rest are all temps through different agencies who send them there to be treated like less then human with lies and promises of good benefits, pay, and actual employment but that never comes you are treated as disposable people and if asked to do something they expect you to do it or you'll be replaced even if it is unsafe or unethical honestly the surrounding neighborhoods suffer from pollution as well with styrofoam blowing all over the and collecting in various parts of the town just complete garbage factory and horrible people especially if you bring up them leaving the garbage to blow around in the wind
Pros
You can act like a horrible human with no consequences
June 24, 2019
We are disappointed you feel this way. Your concerns regarding benefits, safety, and pollution should have been reported to HR. Polar Tech does not condone the conditions you describe. Furthermore, these and your other allegations are disturbing and frankly untrue.

Polar Tech healthcare options are available a la cart through a national program with ADP; this includes the selection of the PPO or HDHP, plus Dental and Vision. In addition, the company pays 100% of employee Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short Term Disability, among other benefits.
productive and sometimes fast paced
this is a steady productive company but not a lot of opportunity to move up. pay is low but a good place to work with friendly people. workloads are very light as well
Cons
low pay
June 24, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. If you are interested in moving up, please check in with HR and let her know what you are interested in. Also, check regularly with the job posting board.
Nothing good to say
This place is joke....micro management...The Owner is disrespectful to the workers and to his management ….he comes in drunk and starts yelling at the workers and management....I do not recommend this place to work for any position..
Pros
Cons
forced to work over time and very hot in the summer
December 26, 2018
Polar Tech does not condone the behavior you describe. Your review is disturbing and frankly untrue. Firstly, Polar Tech does not have a cashier position. Secondly, the Owner does consume alcohol. Did you actually work here?
Company dont care about employees or environment they work in.
Have the worst basic insurance they can give you. Give people 12-15 cents raises per YEAR! 90% of current employees are temps or there under 1 year. Cant keep help and stress levels very high because nobody knows what to do. No direction or training to introduce new employees to the jobs they are doing. Too often new hires left on their own to figure it out which results in them leaving and again, new hires. Find a better place to work that will appreciate what you contribute to their bottom line. This place dont care about their employees, only the fast paced work your butt off 10-12 hours a day for pennies when they are bringing in millions in profit a year.
Pros
Nothing Good about this place
Cons
Health insurace is basic minimum
November 5, 2018
We are disappointed you feel this way. Polar Tech healthcare options are available a la cart through a national porgram with ADP; this includes the selection of the PPO or HDHP, plus Dental and Vision. In addition, the company pays 100% of employee Life Insurance, Long-Term & Short Term Disability, among other benefits.

If you received a raise at 12-15 cents, then it must have been in error and we apologize! Polar Tech provides cost of living and/or merit raises which are never only 12-15 cents. Your concerns regarding training or lack-thereof really should have been reported to HR. We encourage all employees to contact HR to address any employment issues or concerns.
everyone complains
my supervisor was a decent person, would help any time he could, but upper management micromanaged way to much, they showed favoritism and when you found out temps made more than full time employees it was time to go
September 17, 2018
We are dissapointed to see this review as Polar Tech does not condone favoritism. Our pay structure is based on job position, education, and experience. We encourage all employees to meet with HR to address any employment issues or concerns.
Unsatisfied employee
This company has no regard for their employees well being. In my opinion they don't have proper air flow when your running a machine that gets to 130 degrees. There were days I would go home early due to being too hot.
My daughter is epileptic and had many of her seizures at night. The next day I would call her Dr and get a letter faxed to Polartech for my absence, If I had sick time accrued I would use that. If I didn't I always had ER papers and/or Drs notes.

In one year...no raise
Fun work place
I wwalked in as a maintenance worker and after a week I jumped on a line I like the line better my supervisor once told me I was moving to quick for the line but then I moved so I hade to leave
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Two 15 min breaks 1 thirty min break
September 17, 2018
We are glad you had fun working at Polar Tech! Being too fas for a line is such a compliment. If you ever moved back this way, we hope to have you re-hired. In the meantime, we wish you well in your future endeavors.
Tooling Specialist and Management
It’s a very physical and dangerous job being a tooling specialist there and you have to know a lot for little pay. The management isn’t very good either all they care about is pumping out product which I get but when things need to be fixed they shouldn’t bandaid things. The management will tell you anything to get you in the door and then none of it will come true and the lies will just keep coming the longer you work there. I tried working there twice and ended the same way both times with me quitting.
Cons
Management, pay
Good entry level job
Days go by very quick especially on busy days. Can be stressful when we are short staffed but overall it is a pretty relaxed work environment and management is helpful.
Pros
Relaxed environment, good hours, friendly co-workers
Cons
Location, Not enough space, older building, lack of communication between different departments
Not bad a place.
Co-workers are great people. Work is fairly easy, but keeps you busy all day. Communication is a problem most of the time.
Not a lot of room for advancements once you are in a position. It's a good steady job though.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Expensive Insurance. No match 401K
Good Company
Fast paced company to work at with friendly employees.
Sales manager is very helpful and wants everyone to succeed.

Company is flexible with schedules.

Hardest part of the job is putting out fires if machines go down with long lead times.

I mostly enjoy working with a successful motivated sales staff.
Pros
Nice Employees
Cons
Would like more vacation time offered.
fast pace, some what relax
management cares about the people.
There could be better communication but over all it is not a bad place to work.

I have learned all the production jobs

culture is do it right the first time
Pros
works day Monday -Friday
Cons
payrate
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polar Tech Industries, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
4.2
InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
5.0Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Polar Tech Industries, Inc. Reviews by Location