Polaris Industries

• Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Productive Enviroment

I had a good experience at Polaris as an intern. Youget to learn about every aspect of the plant. If you like manufacturing environments this is the right place for you.

Pros

Lots of O.T

Cons

short brakes

Won't work there again

They did not care about there employees... All they where was a number to them. I got fired becs I was on mandatory bed rest for 2 weeks because of a car wreck I was in and they fired me after a week

Great place to work but point system for missed days is terrible

I enjoy the staff and the job my only problem is the point system I have a disabled child and they won’t allow me to receive fmla until 1 year in they are very strict on the if you are sick don’t come to work policies but you still receive points which add up and lead to termination they are very uncaring when it comes to your children and personal life

Could be a great place to work.

There's not enough hours. You are just thrown into the work without training. The production line is not organized. Work can be called off because of no parts available. So don't count on a full check.... Management is not really around supporting the production operations.... A lot of immature adults working there....

Pros

Cons

Didn't get a full week worth of work

Would be a fantastic job if I could get hours

Polaris is a pretty good job if you don’t have bills. I’ve been at Polaris for about 3 months and have yet to have an 80 hour biweekly paycheck. Consistently getting 40 hour weeks will not happen. Kinda sucks because I would have loved this job if I could consistently get 40 hours. The people are great and the job is fairly easy.

Pros

Good pay, nice people

Cons

Shortage of hours, short breaks

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Great department culture, terrible corporate / HR culture

Loved my coworkers. Did not love interacting with HR whenever that was required. Was terminated for non-compliance with mask mandates. Otherwise the culture on the D-level is excellent, especially in the engine calibration group.

Management is a joke and does not care about you at all.

Unless you wanna work 7 12' s and get underpaid do not work out here. Management will blame you for everything and try there best to write you up, and use you as a scape goat.

Pros

restaurant, teach you to be a bad MiG welder.

Cons

Long work days, had my breaks taken away, management

Be prepared to work your butt off

Started out as great job. Then production starting having unobtainable quotas and numbers that couldn't be hit, even in a 10 hour work day. 7 days a week, nearly 12 hour shifts, great money but you work for it.

Good place to make money and learn new skills.

Great place to make money and learn job experience, Would recommend to anyone that likes powersports and learning how machines are assembled and processed. Lots of jobs to learn and skills to advance in.

Pros

Long breaks

Cons

not enough employees

Good place to work if your not on one of the lines

Very hard to move up if your not drinking buddies with a manager, or a veteran, or go to church with one of them. I saw so much mismanaged personnel and inventory it was truly sad. They would put tall people at a short persons job and short people at a tall persons job. But if you really need a job it will pay the bills. Basically all you have to do is show up and try. Very hard to get fired from there now due to the extremely high turnover. Seems like they have employed most everyone in the area.

Pros

Some of the leaders were good

Cons

Very hard to get promoted. Good ol boy network

You can do better…

Too much favoritism and butt kissing going on.. they constantly lie about the smallest things. No work/life balance, management is a joke. You can do better…

Just a place to work

Some jobs are easy....... But some can be very demanding. .....Breaks are long... good pay...a lot different backgrounds and cultures.... don't know how long it takes to get hired

Pros

Long break

Cons

No advancement

Decent benefits and pay for the area. Poor management.

Extremely poor management that drives good employees away!! They blackout the vacation calendar most of the year making it difficult not to receive absences. Career advancement opportunities often given to “friends” or outside of the company. Always short of help and little help from management team.

Benefits

Cons

They will work you to death

You never get any off time you’re constantly pulling first shifts slack they will run 40 to 50 frames and leave early 95% of the time and second shift comes in and has to run 100 to 120 frames cause first shift didn’t produce enough and you never know when you’re going to get off there is a reason they have job fairs every two weeks and they won’t accept rehires until you’ve been gone a year which don’t make sense cause they BARELY have enough people to run 2 lines on the welding side horrible place to work for highly do not recommend

Enjoyable Team

The team is welcoming and enjoyable to be around. There is constant support. I would recommend this compny to past Co workers and friends. You have a sense of purpose here and there is opportunity to grow and network.

Place to make some money if you need it

I can't really say much about welding here besides its a place to make some money. Usual hot and sweaty weld conditions that you'll get most places. Nothing that you'll enjoy doing but it pays the bills

Nice place to work at

If your looking for a place to work over time this is the place! They have good pay and you can move up in the company quickly! But they will fire you quick for taffies and absences

Good for me

Some people complain about working for this company. I have almost only positive things to say in my experience. Pay is good, Benefits are good, Overtime is available but rarely mandatory.

Awful

Awful,terrible management starting in human resources all the way to the production floor. Supervisors and other management has no communication skills what so ever,employees cannot ask questions without getting very very rude responses from management their Supervisors.

Pros

A recent raise

Cons

Short btrak

Not someplace that appreciates the individual

At Polaris, everyone knows one solid fact: you're not a person, you're a number. This is evidenced by the strict attendance policy where if you are tardy (even by two minutes) or can't show up, it's counted as an occurrence; and after so many occurrences, you're terminated. Trouble is, they only give you 16 hours (pro-rated) of sick time per year, which they call personal time, and it pays out at 75% of your pay rate. At one point this was two days off in a year, but switching to 10-hour shifts threw that off and they refused to bump it up to 20 hours sick time. Any other time off has to be pre-approved vacation, and only one employee from your line can be gone at a time. If you have to leave halfway through the day for a family emergency, you either need to have enough sick time to cover the rest of your shift, or you take the hit of an absence occurrence. A lot of good workers got fired because of this policy; and though Polaris says you can reapply after a few months, I never saw them take anybody back who did reapply.

Pros

Attendance awards, free stuff sometimes just because

Cons

The company doesn't care about your work-life balance one bit and often schedule 60-hour weeks

Easy work and good pay

Polaris is a good company to work for. The work/ life balance is considered when working here although OT is required at times. They have good people to work with and managers are approachable.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polaris Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight