Polaris Industries Employee Review

View all Polaris Industries reviews

What their ads don't tell you
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Roseau, MNDecember 15, 2012
I worked at Polaris in Roseau, MN for 13 years. Over half of this time I was a replacement person on the assembly line so have performed most of the jobs. I was always very proud of what the company has done, until now. Their ads state they will "direct hire" workers for the assembly line. They do NOT state that you must take an all day "test" first. I have recently spoken to people who took this test and I am shocked. It is very hard and contains many things, like percentages in the math section, which no line worker will ever need to do or know. Two of the four jobs in the simulation area are jobs that very few women would be able to perform. I personally know people who have worked there for up to two years and are still not Polaris employees, yet if they could not do the work they would not still be working there. I feel it is their way of keeping workers with a temp agency so they do not need to pay as much. It does have great benefits and can be a good place to work, but it troubles me that they are so misleading and unfair to new workers.
Pros
401k amd ira matches of 5%, health insurance. they try to give workers the same time off the school has.
Cons
even with a college education it is hard to advance, fast paced and physical jobs, too much emphasis on production instead of safety

Other Polaris Industries Employee Reviews

Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALApril 14, 2018
yes I can do it, it’s to be responsable, be on time, work so hard, be positive for everything you do for you job, ever day be at work and love what you do.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short break
Fast paced. Management is hit or miss. When it's good, it's great.
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 10, 2018
A typical day depended on your position in the company. As assembly operator, you would be placed on an assembly line and given a set of instructions for your specific job. You would repeat this task until the end of the day. The line speed varied. If parts ran short, or there were problems, the line would stop or slow down. In most positions, you are required to use certain tools/equipment to complete your task. You're also responsible for checking work done prior to the unit arriving at your station.
Pros
Benefits. Opportunity to gain more paid vacation time. Continuity.
Cons
Often times required to work overtime, Having to listen to other employees complain about the company, Mundane and monotonous work.