POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE Employee Reviews

Productive environment.
Childcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 11, 2018
Summer youth program for kids whom attended summer camp. Very quick-paced environment, a lot of activity. Kept me on my toes and a smile on my face. Enjoyed it.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 4, 2018
It felt more like school rather than a job, we never did nothing more than volunteer at a pantry or paint the roof. Started to take up to much time for so little work.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
No breaks
fun and productive
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 2, 2018
A typical day at work would be coming in going to the gym playing basketball till it was time for the little learning classes break into groups. I help with the campers help do what ever is asked of them. Help bringing out the lunch help them clean up do more learning and then to the gym to play till it was time to go. I learned to be more open minded and to be more patient. Management was good. The work place culture was good i went to the after school so i was well aware of who was working there and very comfortable with them. The hardest part of the job was having patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things.
Pros
flexible with hours
Cons
bought my own lunch
camp
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 2, 2018
when i was working at the camp i learn that the youth is more none focus on doing no home work they really just wanna have fun and i learned that when you go on trips with them you have to really have to pay attention to them
Fulfilling Employer
Administrative responsibilities consist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
This Employer is a Non Profit Organization that is based on providing Community Services for the Youth. There is room for growth and recognition of Hard work and dedication. One of the few places you can work, have fun and feel fulfilled in the work and services you are providing.
Productive workplace
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 18, 2018
It's a fun job. You get to pick up the kids after school and bring them to the center to do homework and eat. After that you use the downtime for recreational activities for their entertainment until the parents picks them up.
Great place to work but pays very low
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York YSeptember 14, 2018
This is a great place to work however they do not pay a lot. You can’t live of their salary. I miss the Children’s at this agency a lot however they do not pay enough money to live
Great summer job
Clerical Duties (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 11, 2018
Every body was friendly and good to work with. There was never too much or too little work. I enjoyed working there not only because enjoyed the job but because i got to learn how a precinct functions.
Productive, smooth, Unorganized
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 22, 2018
Working here, I witnessed a lot of unprofessionalism, management was rude and so inconsiderate. Director always told the employees to not come to work with our feelings showing, but she would always come to work in her feelings and would take her anger out on her employees or don't want to be bothered at all. But working here, I have grown with children as a person, and gained a lot of experience being with children of different ages and grades; the children are very lovable though.
Pros
The children.
Cons
Management is unprofessional, Rude, Unorganized
It's For the Kids!
Assistant Director, Citywide Field Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
No comment, other than working with PAL was the best experience, and time of my entire professional life. It was my pleasure to bring programs to various communities, and to hire skilled as well as non-skilled workers.

Want to know more about POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE?

Ask a question
Great work environment
Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, NYAugust 5, 2018
The work environment is great. Everybody gets along for the most part, and the pay is great for the job we do. The management really care about their employees, and we never felt neglected or over worked. Very flexible hours, can still maintain another job and school.
Fun and outgoing work environment
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 31, 2018
Overall, my first experience with this company helped me tremendously with my social skills. Working with large groups also encouraged my leadership skills along with being able to handle many personalities at once.
Pros
Judgement free zone environment
Summer Job
Referee (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYJuly 24, 2018
I had a great experience working at PAL during High School. I was able to teach the children about soccer and help improve their skills on the paying field.
typical day at work
PAL Staff (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 24, 2018
my job is to wake up early in the morning, head to a specific location,set up fun games, such as airhocky,pool,cards game, and basketball. keeping the kids active were my number one goal from monday to friday.
Fun place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 7, 2018
I tutored children and helped kids with school work. I also helped organize different activities with the children. I was a intern and the job environment is exciting.
good experience for your first internship
Internship PAL (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 6, 2018
working there its pretty fun you get to watch kids and do a internship at the same time its pretty good i recommend it for people who's in high school its a good experience.
Exciting workplace
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 30, 2018
I worked with children in the third grade. Learned various ways to educate them through class and play. Attending trips was the most enjoyable part. Taught the children various facts about cultures they never heard about.
Pros
Trips
Cons
packed day
Its okay
Center Central Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
everyone has to work and its a pay check. PAL is okay if you live a busy life but in terms of long term career goals its a no for me. I love helping the kids but the company needs some help as a whole.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Overall a great place to work if you’re a college student
Coach (Former Employee) –  Delaware City, DEJune 21, 2018
Although I didn’t make the best of money, it was a very fun/upbeat/rewarding/energetic/once in a life time experience. I loved my time at PAL and would absolutely love to be employed here again if there was more room for career advancement.
Pros
Free food and free travel.
Cons
I can’t really name any
Good managerial team
Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 17, 2018
As a counselor, supervising toddlers wasn't easy task. However, my managers made it their best interest to help me as much as possible. This made work very easy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about