POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE Employee Reviews

Interacting with children all ages, creating educational and uplifting activites
SUMMER YOUTH WORKER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 17, 2019
Creating day to day activities for kids activities. Setting good examples for kids. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing that the kids loved to do activities with me.
I had fun.
Team Member / SWEP (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10459March 17, 2019
Really good job for students with no experience, its a really fun job that is one of the best job that i was able to acquire and will recommend for anyone looking for a summer / part-time job.
Productive, and feels like home
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 16, 2019
A typical day at work is helping kids, I learned being patient is key. Management is well there, Workplace is very Diverse. Hardest Part of the job seeing the kids cry, and most enjoyable part of the job is being able to put smiles on the kids faces.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
short break
Fun Work Place
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2019
If you're looking for an easy going pace of work. P.A.L is a good place to start. Great way to build up front desk experience. Great way to build communication skills
a definite learning experience
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 27, 2019
I learned a lot working for the Police Athletic League. The most enjoyable part of my job was the participants to which I had the pleasure in meeting and knowing. Also, the parents of those participants who showed how great full they were in having access to great group leaders and organization. Management obviously played a huge part in the day to day of the job. There was a big amount of disorganization and lack of communication. The people who were in charge we very had to speak with, which caused many unnecessary conversations.
Overall, I am very great full for the experience that the Police Athletic League allowed me to have.
Productive and fun workplace
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  715 E 105th St, Brooklyn, NY 11236February 24, 2019
Normally when I clock in for work, I wait for my group of kids and take them up stairs. we do book work and we play board games. if they behave their self, We reward them by going outside. the most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the kids happy and have fun.
Cons
No cons
Fun energetic place to work
SOCCER REFEREE (Former Employee) –  Baldwin, NYFebruary 17, 2019
Excellent job if you like helping youths. Also; good way to gain experience with dealing with people. You learn hpw to manage your time as far as school, work and personal time.
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 14, 2019
The culture is cold and very disjointed. It's a all about me environment and headquarters is disconnected with on site programming in centers and school; they don't care.
Pros
Resources
Cons
Bad Culture, Divided
Loved Working Here, But Was Grossly Underpaid
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2019
I enjoyed mt time working in PAL. They provide more than just a job; they provide purpose. You get a feeling of satisfaction from knowing that you are making a difference in the community. Unfortunately, the pay was very much below the standard and the market had much more to offer than they did.
Fun and safe environment.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 28, 2019
Parents can use this environment as a great decision for after school program. Kids are being helped with homework and being taught many things and also developing talents
Good experience working with students
SEASONAL AIDE (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 25, 2019
I was hired as an aide but was required to perform the duties of a teacher such as creating a rubric for the afterschool activities and creating and heading up a recycling club. I didn't have any prior training or experience doing these things.

I was not rehired for the summer session because I didn't want to continue to do the work of a teacher while being paid the salary of an aide.
Pros
working with bright students and gaining new experiences
Cons
trying to do things that I have no training for and not being paid enough
Working at PAL was amazing !
Dance Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2019
I loved working there at PAL! I got got teach different kids all types of dances that I learned growing up and more that I am still learning today, it was an amazing experience.
Pros
I got to teach over 100 students how to dance and learn about dance, I took them to many shows & competitions I even started my own dance team.
Enticing and for the culture
Recreation Activity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 14, 2019
Activities games and played lots of sports. Leaned how to grow patients. Management was excellent. lost of different cultures very comfortable work place. No hard parts during the job very relaxed.
Most enjoyable part of the job... seeing kids laughing, playing every sport and just having a great time with kids and coworkers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Productive and Enjoyable
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 4, 2019
It was a really fun experience , i got to meet a lot of other great employers, all the work we did together was always enjoyable, we also had a great supervisor who looked out for us.
Pros
Good amount of break time and everyone is respectful
Cons
Overcrowded
Fun work place
GROUP LEADER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Great overall experience working for pal love the community that the job site is located in. The director in charge is a great listener and is willing to accommodate if needed with proof
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Pay sucks
Safe and Secure place to work for staff as well as participants
Activity Specialist/ Intern/Volunteer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 28, 2018
Typically Im called to do a little of everything, from the kitchen to assisting with classroom management, behavior problems, events etc. The hardest part of the job is understanding how to deal with the participants seperatley while still having to be responsible for the entire structure of the classroom behavior. the most enjoyable part is being able to help people and make them feel and know they have a chance in life.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Part time
Good environment to work with youth
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2018
I had a short stint working with PAL but it was a great experience to work with youth. Although it was only a temporary posting and the compensation sub-par.
A day at pal
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 12, 2018
The workdays were very long and stressful of course, dealing with kids isn't easy. Though considering the drive and willingness to assist their employees, the managers always kept a cool and calm head. The managers and supervisors allowed reassurance to the workers (including I) that they can continue on and be the best they can be.
Nice and playful environment.
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
I learned how to handle children in certain places especially when on trips. A average work day is calm, rarely any commotion. The staff are playful but professional and the manager is professional as well. It increased my work experience since that was the first job I ever had and I enjoyed it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough activities
Good
Group leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 19, 2018
Love the kids is good . They love to learn news things. That’s helps them better in life and out of pal . Pal is good for kids to learn new thinggg . And expect
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shirt breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE. Our community is ready to answer.