POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE Employee Reviews

Good environment to work with youth
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2018
I had a short stint working with PAL but it was a great experience to work with youth. Although it was only a temporary posting and the compensation sub-par.
Nice and playful environment.
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
I learned how to handle children in certain places especially when on trips. A average work day is calm, rarely any commotion. The staff are playful but professional and the manager is professional as well. It increased my work experience since that was the first job I ever had and I enjoyed it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough activities
Good
Group leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 19, 2018
Love the kids is good . They love to learn news things. That’s helps them better in life and out of pal . Pal is good for kids to learn new thinggg . And expect
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shirt breaks
Productive and great place, they have a game room and great management and staff , everybody is friendly and it’s a great environment
Music Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2018
Management and staff was great , great environment to work in. Everybody is nice, I’ve learned more about computer technicians and more great things, I’ve had a lot of great opportunities with the mayor and more great people
Pros
Free lunches, coffee
Cons
No cons
Fun and productive workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2018
It was a fun working experience. The staff held it together like a family. The workplace gave me that "live and learn" type of atmosphere, along with it being a team based environment. Really the hardest part of the job was that we needed to be vigilant at all times being that nsomething can happen at anytime. But learning that the staff is team oriented and help was always there, it wasnt really big problem because of how the environment made you adapt quickly tto those types of situations.
Pros
great staff, free lunch
Cons
location of workplace
It was fun working with kids.
SYEP Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
My experience working with PAL was good. I was able to work kids and learn new stuff like able to take care of kids and being responsible and able to play with them. Making sure there were good.
Fun place to work
Special Needs Summer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJOctober 16, 2018
I am very happy with the experience I obtained in this position. I was a part time employee while I was attending school. I enjoy working with children and was trying to gain as much experience in that field as possible while attending school
Pros
casual, relaxed environment
Cons
No cons
Productive environment.
Childcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 11, 2018
Summer youth program for kids whom attended summer camp. Very quick-paced environment, a lot of activity. Kept me on my toes and a smile on my face. Enjoyed it.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 4, 2018
It felt more like school rather than a job, we never did nothing more than volunteer at a pantry or paint the roof. Started to take up to much time for so little work.
Pros
Free trips
Cons
No breaks
fun and productive
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 2, 2018
A typical day at work would be coming in going to the gym playing basketball till it was time for the little learning classes break into groups. I help with the campers help do what ever is asked of them. Help bringing out the lunch help them clean up do more learning and then to the gym to play till it was time to go. I learned to be more open minded and to be more patient. Management was good. The work place culture was good i went to the after school so i was well aware of who was working there and very comfortable with them. The hardest part of the job was having patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things.
Pros
flexible with hours
Cons
bought my own lunch

Want to know more about POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE?

Ask a question
camp
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 2, 2018
when i was working at the camp i learn that the youth is more none focus on doing no home work they really just wanna have fun and i learned that when you go on trips with them you have to really have to pay attention to them
Fulfilling Employer
Administrative responsibilities consist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2018
This Employer is a Non Profit Organization that is based on providing Community Services for the Youth. There is room for growth and recognition of Hard work and dedication. One of the few places you can work, have fun and feel fulfilled in the work and services you are providing.
Productive workplace
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 18, 2018
It's a fun job. You get to pick up the kids after school and bring them to the center to do homework and eat. After that you use the downtime for recreational activities for their entertainment until the parents picks them up.
Great place to work but pays very low
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York YSeptember 14, 2018
This is a great place to work however they do not pay a lot. You can’t live of their salary. I miss the Children’s at this agency a lot however they do not pay enough money to live
Great summer job
Clerical Duties (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 11, 2018
Every body was friendly and good to work with. There was never too much or too little work. I enjoyed working there not only because enjoyed the job but because i got to learn how a precinct functions.
Productive, smooth, Unorganized
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 22, 2018
Working here, I witnessed a lot of unprofessionalism, management was rude and so inconsiderate. Director always told the employees to not come to work with our feelings showing, but she would always come to work in her feelings and would take her anger out on her employees or don't want to be bothered at all. But working here, I have grown with children as a person, and gained a lot of experience being with children of different ages and grades; the children are very lovable though.
Pros
The children.
Cons
Management is unprofessional, Rude, Unorganized
It's For the Kids!
Assistant Director, Citywide Field Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
No comment, other than working with PAL was the best experience, and time of my entire professional life. It was my pleasure to bring programs to various communities, and to hire skilled as well as non-skilled workers.
Great work environment
Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, NYAugust 5, 2018
The work environment is great. Everybody gets along for the most part, and the pay is great for the job we do. The management really care about their employees, and we never felt neglected or over worked. Very flexible hours, can still maintain another job and school.
Fun and outgoing work environment
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 31, 2018
Overall, my first experience with this company helped me tremendously with my social skills. Working with large groups also encouraged my leadership skills along with being able to handle many personalities at once.
Pros
Judgement free zone environment
Summer Job
Referee (Former Employee) –  Great Neck, NYJuly 24, 2018
I had a great experience working at PAL during High School. I was able to teach the children about soccer and help improve their skills on the paying field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at POLICE ATHLETIC LEAGUE. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about