Politico Employee Reviews

Terrible for non-reporters
HR Geneneralist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 25, 2019
The only employees who received any kind of decent treatment were the reporters and sometimes the sales employees. during the time I was there Politico didn't have an Employee policy handbook so there was no consistency/fairness in how rules were applied.
Innovative Media Company with a Tough culture
Events (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 18, 2019
POLITICO is doing innovative things in the media space, but has had trouble retaining editorial talent. Overall I believe the culture has improved but in my time there, it was very churn and burn.
Startup newsletter
Managing Editor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 29, 2019
This startup paper newsletter covered national Latino politics from Texas. It was a great adventure and fun to be a part of something different and new.
Still
Business Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn, VANovember 15, 2017
So here I am again typing away because I have to. Indeed sure does get a lot of ad time for a pretty 50/50 type of service. I'm just going to get a bunch of calls from bad people.
Fast past learning experience
Experience and Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 5, 2017
POLITICO is a great fast past company for a competitive employee to learn a great deal of skills. There is never a typical day in the media which makes working for a media organization the most challenging part of your job and the most rewarding aspect. POLITICO has given me the opportunity to grow as an individual, strengthen my work ethic and sharpen specific skills for future career endeavors.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
N/a
Excellent experience
Editor-in-Chief/Reporter/Staff Writer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2017
Working at Politica Politico was an excellent experience for me. I learned a lot about government and politics and I met very important politicians. It was a stepping-stone kind of job.
High-powered work environment
reporter (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 30, 2017
Your coworkers will be mind-blowingly smart, competent and committed, but the demands will be intense. I gave a low grade to management because of my particular immediate manager, but I think more highly of upper management.
Work hard work harder environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 31, 2017
The product they are selling is truly great, but the management needs a lot of work. It is a young environment, but the goals are aggressive and relentless. The management invests time in training you, but not in supporting you.
Great Experience!
Senior Accountant - Revenue Recognition (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 30, 2015
Compare other companies I worked for, Politico is ok. It has great benefits, good coworkers who is willing to help.But the management micromanagement and stressful environment and intensive work.
Pros
Flexible hours, Great benefits, easy access to metro.
Cons
Very stressful, micromanagement.
Business (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 3, 2014
POLITICO is a great place to work, and the company is growing rapidly so there are opportunities here for hardworking and ambitious people.