Polk County Employee Reviews

not a good office culture
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Supervisor of ElectionsApril 10, 2019
This office is filled with Mean Girls and they are happy to stab you in the back for self promotion. The actual job is rewarding, but office culture is very nasty.
Polk County - Crookston MN
IS Technician (Former Employee) –  Crookston, MNJanuary 11, 2019
Great place to work - Board & HR ensure that employees are well treated and taken care of fairly.

Can't speak highly enough. Just a good place to work
Great job for the part time worker
Community Service Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, ORDecember 4, 2018
Great part time job. Mostly on the weekends. Perfect for college student from Western Oregon University. You mostly work the day by yourself and manage work crews.
goverment work
Computer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Livingston, TXNovember 6, 2018
You work for a government agency not much else to say. The pay is really low for the type of work. you are expected to do the job of 3 people with no overtime, but the medical was good.
Enjoyable experience
POLK COUNTY CLERK OF COURTS (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJuly 5, 2018
Working for the Polk County Clerk of Courts was an overall enjoyable experience, with a great team of individuals and a flexible working environment. It provided me with experience needed to pursue a career within the business world.
poduction
Assistant Cook/Meal Prep, Job Duties (Current Employee) –  Livingston, TXJune 29, 2018
an okay work environment. no health insurance and no paid vacation. part time work for most employees. good work experience. good helpers on the job
Pros
work staff
Cons
healthcare
Respectful work environment
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 12, 2018
Professional independent work environment. Always felt secure in my position as an contractor. Great downtown location with walking trails and outside seating to enjoy breaks.
Pros
great downtown location
A Stepping Stone
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Polk County, FLMarch 17, 2018
If you intend to become an educator or are a retired educator that would like some extra income, this is the job for you. You can pick up as many shifts as you want as long as you comply with certain guidelines to keep your drug test and background checks current. Be aware though, there are no benefits to this job as it is a day by day basis. The kids can be a handful at times, especially if you are a newer substitute, as they can sense it, and will try to take advantage of you.
Pros
You set your schedule
Cons
No benefits
Opportunities
LEAD BEHAVIORAL HEALTH COUNSELOR III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, ORFebruary 26, 2018
Polk County is a great place to begin your career. You will have the chance to develop skills in your specialty (alcohol and drug counseling, peer support, mental health counseling, and case management).
Mosquito Control
Mosquito Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLNovember 28, 2017
I only work part time seasonal, so no benefits. But great people!! Easy to learn, good pay. Work evenings at sunset for approximately 4 hours. Great company
Challenging work and work is always available. Fellow staff are friendly.
Environmental Engineer PE/ Engineering Manager PE (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 17, 2017
The nature of work varies for civil and environmental engineering. The opportunities allow delegation of work between the staff and contracted consulting engineers.
Fair
Reading Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLNovember 15, 2017
Fair as applied to all levels.
Working for the educational system has its highs and lows. Had its pros and cons but the highs and pros out way all of the negative.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Time constraints
Small town weekly newspaper
Sports Editor and Staff Writer, Mena Star (Current Employee) –  Mena, AROctober 23, 2017
I typically day can vary. I grew a lot as a sports writer during my time at the Mena Star in Polk County, Arkansas. The publisher is great person to work for. Family owned business.
Was an eye opening experience
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 12, 2017
This was my first job as a social worker and on day 1 I was given over 100 cases of abused children and very little help from my supervisor. I know that the job has to be done but they are not able to keep any helpdue tooverload of cases and the little pay.
Pros
I really dont see any
Cons
Very stressful job
slow paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NCSeptember 4, 2017
Times can get very stressful but most of the time its slower paced environment. Working with the people out in the field can be very rewarding and fun.
Pros
helping others
Cons
slow paced
N/a
Clerk of Circuit Court (Former Employee) –  Balsam Lake, WIAugust 28, 2017
They really focus on the wellfair of their employees. They have some great programs and events that all of the employees of the County are invited to. They care what their employees have to say.
Good people and decent benefits
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, ORAugust 27, 2017
Overall its a good place to work. friendly people, decent benefits and overall satisfactory work if you like to move around. The people are good to work with and for and are understanding of time needed off and of emergencies if any were to arise.
Pros
Good people, hard work, decent benefits
Cons
overtime is limited
productive, busy, rewarding place to work.
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 20, 2017
My typical day consists of greeting the congregation, setting up for mealtime, serving, and clean up. Transporting clients to and from the center, Site counsel meeting, education training and providing outreach services to help clients access needed food supplies and equipment. Its very difficult when a congregate member passes. The most rewarding part of this position is feeding our seniors.
Great place to work if a few people in management left
Legal Description Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 22, 2017
I like my job and am pretty good at it---with that said the management in my department is not very friendly with workers. Advancement is also limited since there is low turn-over. Its hard to get a job or advance with this employer without knowing someone---nepotism and political connections are rampant. If my boss retired I would probably stay here for a much longer time.
Meal site coordinator
Elderly Services (Former Employee) –  Eagle Lake, FLJune 7, 2017
Work with senior clients was rewarding, This was a part time job. I was off by 1:30 pm every day.I enjoyed making my clients lives meaningful. I accomplished this by developing a schedule of activities
and preparing their meals daily.
Pros
part time
Cons
drive time