Polkadog Bakery Employee Reviews

Fun work, good people, room for growth
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2018
A significant part of the job is being nice and friendly to people and their dogs, which is fun.

The pay is competitive and they pay a little more to make up for the lack of health insurance. Good bonuses too.

They definitely push you here to learn and progress, and to do a great job.

The hardest part of the job is that it's retail and helping customers/talking to people every day can be exhausting. It's rewarding though when they leave super happy.

The best part of the job is being a part of something that people are excited about. Almost all of the customers love this place and are happy to be there.
Pros
pay, people, fun work
Unique, fun, friendly
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynnfield, MAMay 2, 2018
Customer service is a top priority at Polkadog. We get to know our customers and grow relationships with both pet parents and pets alike! I have a great working relationship with all coworkers and we have fun throughout the day. I love that I can use my creative side to merchandise the store to keep things looking fresh and full. Management has always been helpful, and they welcome any questions or concerns I have had. The best part of the job is the visiting dogs that come in everyday! Also that we all work as a team and that management continuously recognize efforts made and reward us. Overall Polkadog is a great place to work and grow in your career.
Pros
Sales bonuses!
Fun, relaxed environment!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2018
- Higher than the average minimum wage job with room for bonuses and pay raises.
- PTO is accrued
- No health benefits but sick leave is available.
- Very cool people to work with and overall great environment if you enjoy dogs, people and working for a smaller more intimate company.
- This is a slow paced job for the most part so you have to be personally responsible for keeping up with tasks, cleaning, inventory etc.
- If you have a great work ethic, good accountability and time management this is the job for you. Customer service should be excellent and you should be detail oriented.

Overall I highly recommend this job and think my experience as a current employee has been great and very educational.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, adorable stores, 30% employee discount, Pto, creative freedom
Cons
Benefits, Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polkadog Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.

Polkadog Bakery Reviews by Job Title