Pollo Tropical Employee Reviews

Stay away from this company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLJanuary 3, 2019
Upper management ignores everything and shows favoritism to who they want. If your not Spanish than you get treated like a menice. Upper management refuses to give support unless they are getting something in return. Also if you quit and/or abandon the job it’s a good chance that you will get a promotion and/ or get a raise but only if you friends with higher ups
Pros
Free food occasionally
Cons
Working here
Not fun at all
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXNovember 18, 2018
Managers were very unprofessional. They were messy and always in some drama with other managers and even employees. Customers were rude and demanding and we were always out of some product
Pros
30 min. breaks, easy ways to get a raise
Cons
Poor management, nasty food
Good if you're looking to get your foot in the door for job experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 16, 2019
Good work-life balance with desired scheduling. Co-workers are friendly and nice to be around. Management could be better. High-stress during rush hours only.
I loved it here
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 30, 2018
this was my favorited job and my first.the enviroment was so cool the employees was too good to get along with if they gave a raise to something that you can live off of I would've loved to stay
Company rate for me is between 2-3
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 20, 2019
Being having a lot of changes. Poor management recruit... employees been pay low rate.. MGM hours work long 10-12 daily.. take too long to approve employee review.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Good health insurance.. 41k matching.. lifw insurances
Managerial leadership
Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAAugust 15, 2018
Typical day at work was usually going at a steady pace. Learned management skills. Management at this place while working there was garbage. There is no hard part to this job. The easiest part to this job is showing up. Workplace culture is toxic.
Good for a minimum wage job
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2019
The days are long and management wasn't the best, they have very high standards for a job that doesn't pay very well. If the pay was better and standards were reasonable it would be a good job.
Good place to work as a secondary job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34741February 7, 2019
It is a culture and authentic place to work for Latinos and people that love the Latin culture. Even though I do not agree with some of the ways the tasks are delegated, I do believe that there will be growth in the following years.
mnagment needs improving
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Daytona, FLDecember 13, 2018
great food management on all levels was bad no structure in place to train employees efficiently no ongoing training for when menu changes wishing it was better
Really cool please to work and really cool people working in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 8, 2019
Feels good been working there but not enogh salary for my self. And they should pay a little bit more for people working night shifts.. But overall it’s a good place
Terrible place to work
Grill/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJanuary 23, 2019
They made me train someone that has less experience then me gettin paid more than I do! Managers were never leaders! No one was held accountable! People would call out all the time just because they didn’t feel like coming to work and there were no repercussions for that!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No advancement! Managers were terrible! No one was held accountable!
Fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Good company. The company has allowed me flexible schedule to accommodate personal health issues within the family. They offer good benefits and pay time off that help accommodate Family Matters.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Call outs
Not pleasant
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Not a place to work. Bad hours bad management bad environment overall. No one would do their jobs including management. Always running out of food, cut hours daily
Its all about management
CASHIER AND SERVER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 30, 2019
It all depends on management: when i first joined, my manager was amazing. She was very personal and helpful to everyone. I have a speech impediment and she helped me ease into drive thru at my own pace. She made sure all of the problems at the store were fixed and customers left happy. When she left, we were left with someone who didn't treat everyone fairly. She never made sure everyone was doing what they were supposed to and customers kept complaining to the first faces they saw; the cashiers. There were times that I had to do multiple jobs by myself like take the orders, cut the chicken, get the sides and plate it correctly, and serve it out. There were people who I trained that were getting paid more than me as soon as they started.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
Short breaks
Ok first job if your in highschool
Drive Thru Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami Gardens, FLJanuary 8, 2019
The pollo tropical that i worked at was always packed with customers. And most of the time they had me working in the drive thru, which was the busiest position in the store, and it is very fast paced, im talking constant movement, and a lot of times i was asked to do more outside my job criteria, like prepare the food make sauces and handle the money all at the same time. To make matters worst i worked the evening shift, so whenever i got to my station i was always fresh out of condiments, and it gets worst later in the day past eleven, when we practically ran out of everything on half the menu. To put it simply the amount of work was not worth the pay, especially if you got bills or tuition to pay. The real save and grace of my job was my coworkers, i got along with most of them, and they pretty much looked after me since day 1. The manager on the other hand always demanded a lot from me although she knew well that i was also a fulltime college student, i was putting in 35hours and up a week, but i didnt really complain too much. I was 19 at the time, i was working there with coworkers who were younger than me and also in highschoolool and they seemed to handle the job pretty well. And as far as the customers go they can range from pretty respectful and understanding, to straight up stupid or extremely difficult.
Pros
50% off meals, Great coworkers
Cons
Long hours, Terrible Pay, Brain dead customers
Good job to start
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 4, 2018
I was hired when I was 16 , my team was very nice and was trained very well.

Managers were kind off to respect my education, they were polite and helped accommodate my schedule and hours .

Really good job to start off , management opportunities were really not worth it
Pros
Free lunches. Flexible schedule
Cons
Bad pay
Horrible
Cashier/ Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 26, 2018
Management is horrible. did not do anything for me when I mentioned I was being sexually harassed by a coworker as well as management would gossip about other employees and fraternize with subordinates against company policy.
experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 15, 2019
I learned how to do the temperature of the food in the morning and night before it was served, how to prep, serve the food to the customers and how to make/prep sauces for the food. The most enjoyable part was helping the customers decide what they wanted and made sure their orders was correct. Some of the managers wasn't nice but I learned how to cope. and the hardest part of the was when some customers was just rude but I learned not to take it personal. I also learned how to do inventory of the cooler and freezers.
Pros
free food depending on the amount/or discount
Cons
pay, no vacation, no benefits
Needs better management
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Davie, FL 33314January 2, 2019
I like working here but they make you work in multiple areas for low pay. Also it is very stressful people there isnt enough people working and when they do have enough people they usually send them home. They hire anyone to be manager and they arent very reliable.
Pros
Free meals, discounts, flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough benefits, no paid vacations
This place is not in business anymore
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXNovember 21, 2018
They are no longer in business for a reason. Horrible place to work at, good thing they do not exist on this earth anymore. Business failed mostly due to the management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pollo Tropical. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Pollo Tropical.

Powered by Comparably