Pollo Tropical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJuly 11, 2018
Working at pollo tropical was no joke. It was very busy for hours on end its a team effort so of course as a cashier i helped move food as well when too busy.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Energy draining
Ambiente e trabajo complicado,con comida gratis
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Manatí, PRJuly 8, 2018
Todos los dias eran de muchisimo flujo de clientes. Aprendi lo que era dar un buen servicio al cliente, aprendi a trabajar en equipo, aprendi lo importante que es tener buena comunicacion tanto con los companeros de trabajo como con el cliente.aprendi a manejar caja registradora y cuadres de turnos.La Parte mas dificil fue dejar la compania, ya que el equipo de trabajo eramos como familia.
Loved it
Drive Thru Operator (Former Employee) –  Pinellas County, FLJuly 2, 2018
I loved working here and I loved all the people that I became friends with and worked . Very easy job and very hands on , so busy your time always went by fast .
Loved it.
Shift leader, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 30, 2018
This company was so great . i hate to see it leave Texas it helped me grow quickly. I went from dishwasher to assistant manager in 2 years. The menu choices the procedures . the food cost calculation was great the district managers were so much help. Sad to see it go but will learn from it all
Productive and Growing Workplace
OFFICE SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 24, 2018
As an employee for more than a decade, I have seen the growth of Pollo Tropical as a niche restaurant, to one with a burgeoning fan-base. Employees are given room for growth and improvement and are afforded the tools to become greater than when they arrived.
Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 21, 2018
A typical day at the job is pretty simple depending on if you are at a busy store or not. If your store is busy it is always hectic. Not the best place to work if you are trying to move up in the company. They do not allow breaks because of short staff.The most enjoyable part of the job is just working with the employees and meeting new and talking to old customers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, management, no promotion opportunities
Fun place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Cutler Bay, FLJune 18, 2018
It’s a very fast paced job but if you stay on your toes and plan ahead everything runs very smoothly. It’s collaborative and the people you work with are awesome.
Zero Work Life Balance
Senior General Manager (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJune 12, 2018
A Salaried Manager is contracted at 50 hours but realistically the average is between 62-65 hours. Some weeks require more. Zero Work Life Balance although the bonus is a good monetary incentive.
Never again
cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 11, 2018
It nice to work there... some outrageous customers but for the most its a challenge to see how fast and efficient we can satisfy my customers Until the manager told me on my last shift they were closing down.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No communication between management and employee
Pollo Tropical
Cashier/Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJune 10, 2018
A typical day at work would usually start out with the alarm clock going off and it is still dark out outside with mist of cool air. I learn sometimes the alarm doesn't go off when its need too. The management is truly hard workers when comes to being on time. It was a fast food restaurant where the customers would pick the food up from the line, and now its a regular restaurant like an Applebees. The food change and the inside had some add-ons to it. The hardest part of the job was adapting to the changes and the times. Most of the time my job was enjoyable, take the order, do the dishes and go home at a reasonable time. It was a tropical place.
Pros
50% off lunches
Cons
Short breaks
mantain the rules
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 8, 2018
I liked to work for this company. its a good company to grow. I just had a baby and didn't have enough time to spend with him so i decide to look for something else.
Be freindly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 7, 2018
Take orders. Make the guests feel welcome. Stock up the cooler. Help as much as you can even if you're a cashier because they always busy. Flexible schedule.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Breaks almost everyday
Hectic, Understaffed, Crazy Place To Work
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2018
I can't really call this on the company as a whole, I would potentially be open to coming back but my specific location was way too much to handle. The building itself was messed up and we had no AC, in the middle of June in the south so that was a root cause of everyone having bad attitudes in there. Then, we were so ridiculously understaffed it would be 2-3 people (including a manager) working a night shift and washing dishes was a nightmare bc they don't use standard restaurant dishwashers. I was complacent with my 300$ a week check because this job, for me, was just my side job I was working to help me buy a new car but I couldn't deal with that environment after a certain incident. The job itself was pretty easy, it was fun for me because I never worked on a line making food, and it could pay you a lot if you had the time and were willing to put your energy into this company, I unfortunately, was not. Also, everyone at my particular location was forever sick and I could not be around that.
Pros
Great employee discount, good co-workers, good job growth potential
Cons
No breaks, very stressful work environment, understaffed locations, very disrespectful customers
productive and very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2018
- the pace is usually slow till lunch hour and nighttime practically leaving the drive-thru line around the building
- they thought me how to use the cash register in the front and on drive-thru very efficiently
- Management would help as fast as possible making it a very calm workplace
- the workplace culture fits very well with the food and atmosphere of the theme in the restaurant
- the hardest part of the job was juggling between spots with such a small work area between cash and food lines
- the easiest part of the job was the workers
guality of food different then my usual food experience
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2018
very good company to work for great management and top management . great benefits and great pay. Great training and very helpful humane resources. very good support
Pros
comlimentary lunch
Cons
10 to 20 minutes
bad
Cashier and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 23, 2018
bad environment, dirty, poor management, shut down in two years, wouldn't recommend, bad work environment, fights in front of customers, managers were always gone.
Fun place to work!
Cashier Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 22, 2018
Great environment!
Great team!
Not a good salary for the amount of work done.
Flexible schedule !
Nice manager!
Discounts for employees.
Grow opportunities!
Quick paced
Cashier/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sunny Isle, VIMay 22, 2018
Working the register requires one to move at a quick paste and be good with basic math, making sauces requires on to be able to multi task because you must also attend the customers and here and there you may also have to clean the restaurant.
Pros
decent break time
Cons
no paid time off
Hard Work Pays Off
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2018
Pollo tropical was an excellent company to work for. Despite growing pains and many new managers the company itself was a great foundation for me to learn the dos and don'ts of management as well as hone my skills as a leader.
Great First Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2018
A typical day of work is structured around your task if you work the line for instance your job is to ensure that you fill out orders as fast as possible and do so in an efficient manner that gets the job done effectively. I learned how to operate in a fast paced environment and work diligently. The management worked well with the employees and was very fair and made sure everyone did their job well. The workplace culture was solid and instructive on how to conduct yourself in a professional environment. The hardest part of the job was closing the store while the most enjoyable part of the job was making the food.