Pollo Tropical

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Some days are good and some bad

Lunch rush is absolutely hectic. And the hours can sometimes be horrendous to the point that your often sore several days a week. Pay is okay for hours done, wish it was more though.

Pros

Free drinks, discounted meals

Cons

Short breaks, lunch rush hectic

Fun place but management suck

I worked there for a year and was treated like dirt. I was promised a raise after 3 months never got it. They never scheduled me for the right time that I was able to come in at and didn’t care about how the store was ran.

You can get a raise

Most position starts at 9 but with hard work you can get a raised I got a raised after 3 months. Work environment is a lil bit busy specially Thursday-Saturday you have to be pacient with customer cause sometimes they’re rude, need to be fast at the line, you’ve to be flexible to work sometimes they call you to work in your days off but the overtime payment it’s great. Manager and coworkers are friendly

Unfun and feels like the managers are all working together

Pollo Tropical screwed me over and it is one of the dirtiest companies you can work for. Dont expect much I worked hard and was compensated little to nothing, My hours were predetermined and changed often. The schedule was never right and we were always short staffed but that is because pollo wont hire more people due to losing business.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Sucked.

Pollo tropical made me want to never work fast food again. The managers suck, the pay was insufficient for the amount of work they actually made you do

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Pollo tropical

I’ve enjoyed working at pollo for the past several years but I just couldn’t do it anymore with the inconsistency of my pay. It’s a good place but I just couldn’t do it anymore after my checks were always different even after working the same hours and days per week.

Not worth it

The pay is minimal, no benefits (not even a little employee meal free of charge), not trained enough, bad management who doesn’t listen nor care about the employees.

I just love working ok !

I like working at pollo tropical because they do everything fast , and I get pay good money. Now stop asking me questions about pollo tropical. There’s nothing hard working in pollo tropical! Everything is easy !

Fast paced company

When I worked I. This company, it was always really busy and didn't offer too many benefits. I left this company in search of career growth and better pay.

a day at work

A typical day at work can be stressful if your basically working by your self and you have to do everything by yourself and also trying to train someone at the same time.

Pros

good people

Cons

benfits

God environment

I worked at pollo tropical for a year and 3 months. It was a good job a lot of people came only to receive the great Customer service and the food was good.

It is a great place to work

I really enjoyed working there. The food and people are amazing. It was very easy for everyone to become close. When working there the management team are very understanding.

Pros

Free lunch and discounts

Cons

Not enough hours to share

Was unorganized and bad service

Pollo tropical could have been a good place had the customer service been better. They could have even had a chance had the food been properly prepped and or tasted better

Pros

25% percent off, 30 min breaks

Cons

Scheduling, ill tempered managers