Polly

Working at Polly: 20 Reviews

United States20 reviews

companymanagementgreatworkteamplacegrowbenefit

Ok.. hours suck

Working there was ok..the hours suck especially on weekend the com is ok if people actually pay and dont cancel after they leave the dealership most just want coverage long enough to buy a car

Pros

People are nice

Cons

Weekend hours pay unpredictable

Proud to work here

I’ve been a software engineer for over a year and I enjoy every day of work. My team is great, the managers support you and help you to succeed, and the company only gets stronger as it grows. We work with the latest technologies and have great standards in place. There’s the occasional communication breakdown or turbulent week, but each time it happens we come together and discuss the issues head-on and identify areas for improvement. The entire engineering department has ballooned and management has been re-structured a few times but it’s all transparent and I have full confidence in leadership’s long term plans. It’s a highly collaborative environment and you’re expected to participate even if it means handling support issues after hours, but management has recently started emphasis the importance of work life balance as I’m sure they’ve learned a few lessons when the workforce became almost entirely remote. I really do believe in this company and I only hope we continue to improve both financially and culturally

Pros

Pay, remote, friendly

Cons

Growing fast can cause disorder

Polly insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Fast paced and rapidly expanding company

Dealer Policy needs to listen to their employees more in order to become a better place to work for in this rapidly growing company. We were constantly micro managed with very little trust or appreciation from upper management. Especially in the Customer Service department. As the Sales department grew from 26 employees to 180 , the customer service department stayed at 7 people. Sales was selling 1000 policies a month in early 2018 and when I left they were selling 4500 policies a month. However the Service department had only grown by one person. We then got a new director who thought it would be okay to add SALES to our job too knowing we were already on overload . Love the company but management not so much.

Pros

Great benefits, yearly parties, generous gifts

Cons

Unbearable micro-management, poor management

Wouldn't recomment, but not a terrible place for beginners.

The job started off as a good opportunity, but overtime the bogus leads in addition to constant changes in job description caused the job to become more stress than it is worth.

Pros

Work from home, and no questions about PTO.

Cons

Leads are bad. Some managers micromanage. Chargebacks are bad. Too much work for not enough pay.

Don't Waste Your Time or Career

For a Start Up Company, DealerPolicy has advanced little in the 5 years it has existed. They simply rely on throwing as much at the wall and hope it sticks with a chunk of its sales force dealing with the brunt. Turnover is high and just as high with its management. They can not hold on to managers. Very minimal support because, "leadership" if you want to call it that, is so stretched thin. I am glad I do not have, to drive to an office for it, I would have already been out of here.

Pros

Working Remote

Cons

Client Advisors are no more than whatever they can generate, DP is happy because you are barely breaking your draw, if you are

Wonderful experience

They are a rapidly growing startup company with many opportunities for success. They are innovative and are going to change to auto industry day by day.

Horrible culture, beware!

Left a six figure job on a promise of stability, growth and to be part of something big. Numerous calls of how stable the company is and how I am doing a wonderful job. Also was told can probably retire at this company. All to get let go for no reason at all.Beware

Pros

None at this time

Cons

Very poor leadership. No stability.

Good place for a paycheck

If you appreciate platitudes and a complete lack of accountability among operating managers, this is the place to be. If you appreciate money, but while being told to do things that cost you money instead, this is the place to be.If you want to work with an organization that is nothing more than a caste system, this is the place to be.If you appreciate a culture that keeps you at odds with your colleagues, instead of working as a team, this is the place to be.

Pros

You can make money here. CEO is a good guy.

Cons

It’s easy to see how fake the “core values” actually are.

No job security whatsoever.

Company is still too new and put me in a position to never succeed in my market. The insurance platform/product I was trained to pitch/sell was not succuseful in my particular market therefore I was pitching/selling a product on all these benefits it had but in reality none of the benefits I was pitching held any weight because it simply DID NOT work. How do you pitch a product you don’t believe in nor know it has NO VALUE! Eventually was laid off due to “Covid” but the other market managers where the product/platform was successful still held their positions. During the hiring process they will make this job seem like a dream job... but at all cost don’t leave your current role for this company because they don’t care about you!!! Left a well established company to be sold a dream and be jobless for 4 months!! Lesson learned.

Pros

Pay was decent

Cons

Management and Product

Awesome place to work but a few downsides

They say it's not a call center but it still sort of is. They are pretty tough on leaving your desk and not being available for calls. If you go over your break times by a couple of minutes, expect your team lead to coach everyone about it. They don't provide enough follow up time. 1 hour a day isn't always enough with the high volume of calls we were getting when I was there.

I really love my job!

I honestly can't complain. Yes. I do wish they would pay us a little more, whether that was hourly or with a commission bump, but they give us great perks too.

Work Your Life Away

Experience and skill sets do not matter at this company. Management is completely out of touch with the concept that compensation should somewhat comensurate with these. lncentives are purposefully made impossible to achieve, and ones that you can obtain are laughable. Will this company continue to grow? Yes, but don't count on benefitting from any of thair astronomical profits; you are a number, a drone, a replaceable body that will quickly be discarded when you either burn out or become ill from the stress of impossible standards. Turnover is massive here, and there is plenty of reason.

Growing stable tech company!

Great place to learn and grow. DealerPolicy is going places. The next few years is going to be an exciting time here. It's a great time get on board if you enjoy fast-pace and want to work along side really great people. Leadership is dedicated and invests in their people. Job security goes a long way these days!

Pros

Free lunches, gym onsite, free coffee, beautiful working spaces

Exciting and fast paced

I've worked at DealerPolicy for just under 3 years now. Its a young company with plenty of growth opportunities. The hours are standard of the industry, management gives plenty of flexibility. A lot of green field work with opportunities in both front and back-end. The engineering department is very friendly. The code base is leading edge with support from management to address tech dept. The team leads as well as management are very knowledgeable in their domains and always happy to lend their expertise while always listening to what others have to say. Highly recommend to anyone looking for an exciting work place with growth opportunity.

Pros

Free Coffee, Leading Edge Techologies, Great Coworkers

Cons

No 401k match

Great place to work!

If you are looking for a workplace that values it's employees and has a great culture, DealerPolicy is it. Management wants to see employees succeed and make themselves available if you need them. Coworkers work hard and support each other, which creates a strong team environment. DealerPolicy is going through an exciting time of growth so it is a great opportunity for those who are looking to roll their sleeves up and get involved in a dynamic organization.

Awesome local tech company

Great place to launch your career and stay long term. Leadership is building an amazing culture. You will work hard, but have fun while doing it. The company provides good benefits and a lot room for growth. Definitely worth check out.

Long hours, mediocre flawed management, iffy compensation

I can't recommend DealerPolicy as a place to work for people like myself. Typical days can range from 9 to 11 hours with an expectation of salaried employees working substantial overtime every week without ever balancing the scales. Management and HR seem to have ad-hoc meetings but the level of accurate communicate and planning seems very weak and HR seems understaffed. They appear have a history of letting people go after less than 6 months who the managers don't get along with. DealerPolicy seems to value "loyalty" and long hours over quality and integrity. If you're looking for a good place to serve your 45-50 hours a week for a reasonable paycheck, you can do worse, but I'd consider looking elsewhere if possiblei.

Pros

Fast-paced environment for those who like it, many team members are nice people with great work ethic

Cons

Low to moderate compensation, poor benefits package, lots of micromanagement, nepotism, favoritism, suspected transphobia, suspected homophobia, frat bro environment, very little diversity, inexperienced leadership

Great place to work but travel sucks

You live in hotel rooms, some free meals and events. Company pays for everything, keeps you busy so you don’t spend money. CEO is a great guy and approach between higher level management to employees.

Great intro to insurance field

Great intro to the field, all about numbers, and highest sales! Same people end up being the top sales people month after month and you get to clean up all their mistakes, no shift without weekends, benefits are minimal, get very few holidays off.

Pros

Team environment, a lot of great people work there, good intro to the insurance industry

Cons

Often work overtime that you don’t get paid for, 8 minute timer in between calls and health insurance is about 300 per month for a single person, all about numbers

Good place to work for overall

Staff and management work well together and general work ethics were good. The only downfall was the ability to reach out to management for technical issues as a new trainee. Skills training was good when it occurred but sporadic. This was largely due to the startup nature of this new business. This is a new company that is trying to find its way into the insurance business so a lot of mistakes are being made. However the management team and CEO are really personable and easy to work with. This company offers great benefits.

Common questions about Polly

Answered by current and former employees at Polly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polly. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Polly in popular locations

• Polly