Poly-Med, Inc. Employee Reviews

Love this place !
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 4, 2018
I’ve been at PMI for 7 years. I’ve worked at several Fortune 100 companies and feel this is the best place for me. I get to work with a lot of talented people and my input is valued by the management. The pay and benefits package is competitive with other biotech companies. If you enjoy a fast paced culture with minimal politics, I’d highly recommend this place.
Pros
Great people, cool projects
Cons
Wish I started here sooner
Best place I have ever worked
Controller (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 19, 2017
I have worked for large multi-million dollar companies as well as small startup companies. I have always felt over worked and stressed out after each work day. However at Poly-Med the management team is so organized (the most organized and professional I have ever seen) that no-one is over worked because they are doing the job of 5 different people. They have hired enough people to do each job efficiently and effectively. I do not feel stressed because I am trying to juggle too many jobs at once, which is a huge relief. I absolutely love my co-workers. Management as well as all employees are all up beat and no one tolerates any negative speaking of others (as it is room for dismal). Also compensation is more than fair and competitive. Poly-Med also matches 401k up to 3% which is great. Benefits are also good, they are more than generous with their employer’s portion. Also long term disability is paid for by the company, I have never worked for a company that does that. I do feel that everyone that works at Poly-med has such a strong work ethic, are very intelligent, and have a certain positive aura about them. They really do make sure that each person hired, are a good fit not only for the position but for the company atmosphere.
Pros
401k, competive salary, work atmosphere
Not true to their word.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 14, 2017
Start off friendly and "family" oriented, not the case entirely.
Severely underpay staff, health benefits ok.
A lot of two faced issues going on in there, shouldn't really trust anyone, a lot of talking behind the backs of others, just as the other employee stated.
Would not consider this a stable position or work environment.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
A fun company to work for
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 16, 2015
Management was a joke. There aren't many opportunities for advancement and everyone is severely underpaid. Not many vacation days and you're expected to work overtime without getting paid overtime. Coworkers were overall friendly, but like any other company, they all talk about each other behind their backs.
Pros
Fun coworkers, flexible start and end time
Cons
Benefits, very much like a high school
Lab Tech
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJune 18, 2015
I enjoyed running experiments to form various polymers. Then characterizing these polymers and analyzing the data so that production run changes could be made on the next experiment.
Pros
I enjoyed working with different testing equipment.
Cons
Only part-time employment while i was attending Clemson.
high stress high action
Engineering Consultant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 21, 2015
great company with a dynamic culture. high learning curve but the experience is invaluable. will hold many responsibilities and duties.
Pros
biomedical experience
Cons
small company
Great job
Sales/Marketing/Laboratory Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLAugust 23, 2014
Sales of laboratory equipment to POL's in Florida and laboratory set-up. Train all personnel and prepare all required lab manuals.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Small company with cutting-edge technology
Project Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCNovember 21, 2013
Excellent stepping stone company before going to larger medical device businesses. Many state-of-the-art project platforms. Attention to detail is top notch.
Pros
Interaction with upper management, friendship and helpfulness of co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Poly-Med, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about