Polycom, Inc. Employee Reviews

Interesting Technologies
Sr. Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2018
Engineering projects and management of these are very rewarding. Cubicle culture, micro-managers, private company now not so rewarding.Bonuses were few and raises were average.
Great place to wrok
Director and TAM Nevada, Utah, Hawaii (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2018
The company rewarded people that were only at the top.They ruined the ability of the company to grow and rewarded them with ridiculous amounts of stock and pay. The company was sold 2x's while I was on board and helped ruin 5-6 years of my growing areas.

I love working here for the lifestyle it provided. But if it was the beginning of a career, i woiuld not have wanted to be here for more than 2 years to learn video. The leadership team stayed insular and ruined the future, hence it was sold, again.
Good company, poor leaders
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 27, 2018
The environment was good. The low tier employees were friendly. See below:

Good pay, poor managers and leaders, lack of comunication, lack of career growth.
Overworks Employees
Senior Channel Marketing Manager, North America (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 5, 2018
Polycom management likes to heap the work of three people on one person and look at you as if you're crazy for pushing back. They give you the rah-rah speech, "I know you can do it!" The question is why do I want to kill myself for their end? The management team can have some good ideas, but they have absolutely no clue as to what resources are actually required in order for development, execution, and on-going management.
Pros
Some very good products
Cons
Clueless management
Poor communication
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2018
1. Brownie point system
2. Get it done mentality, with no regard for WHATs being done
3. Poor management and guidance for new engineers
4. No mouse pads
Pros
You will learn, and you'll meet some genuine people, Great Products, Clear documentation, Clear Written Stories and AC, Free snacks and drinks
Cons
You will be played so they can test your knowledge first few weeks, Unfortunately thats why I'm recommending to stay away, Your peers will purposely act stupid to test you.
Good place to work.
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2018
Great place to work,. Career advancement, full benefits. Training available on various products. Exposed to lots of different customer environments. Good company.
Great job
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2018
Great job! I have no issues with this company. There were great opportunities to be exposed to lots of new technology, various customer locations, lots of travel..
Pros
many
Cons
few
Learned a lot
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 4, 2018
Overall I had a great experience working at Polycom Inc.
I was brought on-board as a consultant and I was able to utilize my keen skills and make a contribution to the organization.
The department I worked in was a relaxed atmosphere which made it a fun place to work.
Needs improvement.
Video Managed Support Technician, WCNA (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OR 97331April 4, 2018
The culture is very fast pace. Lots of products and systems to learn but lacked the training and documentation to support the customer efficiently.

The culture also depends on the management. We started independent then became micro managed and structured as more managers wanted more control.

Employees are not screened for compatibility which caused conflicts between employees, management and HR.

Advancements are few but can be achieved by self improvement and education.
Pros
Lots of systems to learn.
Cons
Micro Management
productive environment and very educational
Corporate Buyer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 1, 2018
Coming on board, the company was just a startup with about 150 employees. Withing three years there were over 1000 and we continued to grow with purchases of other companies in the same field. This gave me the opportunity for additional education and advancement. Within two years, I went from a tester to a buyer and supported over 2500 employees.
Pros
energetic environment, great pay, great benefits
Cons
lots of overtime including working on weekends
very competitive products
Sr. World Wide Channel Partner Curriculum Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 2, 2018
I worked off bay shore road in San Jose during me work period there. Very old "tired" buildings. Manager was very poor at leadership and was somewhat disorganized providing objectives and how these objectives were to be achieved.
Decent place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Lots of change in terms of company structure. Numerous CEO changes and company ownership changes caused many issues internally. Maybe with the latest acquisition, things might be more stable.
Great place to work and grow
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Good place to learn and grow and develop. Lots of opportunities for a newbie to acquire. Good working conditions. Nice Manager who looks after employees!
Great benefits, horrible middle managers.
Production and Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OHDecember 10, 2017
If there was a poster company that embodied the saying, "too many chiefs at the fire", it was Polycom. I have never had meetings, about the next meeting, about what we want to do, and then maybe something gets done. All the meanwhile you are bombarded by deadlines, but stuck in meetings. Company allowed the business units to be run like Greek city states. You weren't sure if Cisco was our competitor or our own colleagues. The balance to all of that was a top shelf benefits package.
Benefits
Cons
Infighting
Great Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Andover, MADecember 4, 2017
Super place to work and learn how to us Channel and Resellers Polycom will introduce you to a lot of local professionals that are the best in the area. You can learn a lot with working opportunities with them.
Fast Pace environment
Fiels Sevice Eng (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2017
As a field eng the integrations were very fast pace and busy especially working all over the East Coast witha great support from management and high levels of engineering
Pros
Cons
Traveling with short notice
Good company but lacking direction
Services Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2017
Too many changes and no definate direction. I am not sure why do I need to write so much. But in short good but lack of direction made too many people leave or got laid off.
Learned a lot in my time at Polycom
Director Services Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2017
There is great opportunity at Polycom. challenges come from lack of long term view of account assignments, training and agility to market trends. Unclear strategy to beat competitors like Cisco, Pexip and BlueJeans Network.
Pros
Overall value of the experience
Cons
Adaptibility to market trends
steady
Global Major Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 27, 2017
Competitive market place.
Overall good people. Good products and great market place. Brand recognition is solid. Professionals in the UC market recognize and respect Polycom.
Highly stressful work place
Senior Fixed Asset Accountant (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 22, 2017
It was a very competitive and political work place. If the employees would have been stronger at training others, it might have made the place a bit better.
Pros
Paid for meals and hotel for overtime
Cons
Super stressful work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Polycom, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.6InHerSight Score

4.2Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

5.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight