POLYNESIAN CULTURAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Poor Management on some departments
SENIOR INVENTORY CONTROL CLERK (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIMarch 31, 2019
Daily goals at work are not specified and so we tend to look for something to do instead of working towards a common goal. The working environment is nice since it is a tourist spot yet there are parts that needs to be improved.
Fun place to work with a great staff
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIMarch 25, 2019
The Polynesian Culture Center is a great place to work with caring and understanding people as managers and heads of departments. There are a lot of opportunities to learn new skills and to gain experience.
Pros
great atmosphere and culture
Cons
sometimes a little too relaxed
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIMarch 19, 2019
I highly enjoy compensations. However, I think it is essential for the company to increase the current incentives of the workers. They provide high unrealistic goals for them to achieve, but they pay them low.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low incentive
Productive fun work place with awesome co workers and leaders
Entry Level Programmer / IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIMarch 12, 2019
Amazing place to learn and grow. Leaders take charge in sharing what they know and are there to guide you if you have any questions for them. Everyone is willing to help each other
A good workplace
Laundry worker (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIJanuary 29, 2019
Have friendly workers. PCC provide a safe and uplifting environment that allows workers to interact and learn from one another. PCC aims to satisfy guest’s needs and wants and to ensure happiness during visits.
Fantastic Environment
Training & Development Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJanuary 17, 2019
Amazing opportunities for growth and learning. It is a guests/customer focused environment and seeks to uplift, inspire its employees and intends to educate people about Polynesian cultures in a fun, family-oriented and friendly manner.
fun place to work with new people to meet daily
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJanuary 14, 2019
Ringing up customers on purchases, train new student workers and supervising students, organizing shelves and creating displays of new products. Everyone gets along fine except manager was not very friendly. Hardest part of the job is to give out reprimand to students who are behaving as befitting for a work environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
no lunch breaks
Great company with great culture and life balance
Business Intelligence Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hawaii, USADecember 18, 2018
We'll come back again some day to work for the company.
I loved it but there was some definite nepotism
Night Show and Luau Dancer/Performer (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIDecember 4, 2018
This is the best job I've ever had because I like to dance. I love PCC but the wages are awful. The management is also unfair. It's very well known that the managers and supervisors all play the favorites game. I was denied the chance to even audition as a drummer because I am a girl (that is literally what he said) just to find out that a week later he hired his NIECE as a drummer.
Pros
very happy environment
Cons
If you aren't related to someone important you're going to struggle
Fun
Cultural Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Laie, HINovember 2, 2018
Fun and most enjoyable place to work in especially representing your own culture to the world. The most enjoyable part is performing to the guest eg traditional dances.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stress after work
Good people but poor work culture
E-commerce/Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIOctober 18, 2018
People here are very friendly and you can be friends with co-workers, but as a whole it's pretty unorganized and communication is lacking. Expect to be asked to do something last minute.
It's a two-faced (good and bad) place and I don't know which one weighs in more
Assistant Manager of Pounder's Restaurant (Current Employee) –  Laie, HISeptember 19, 2018
Polynesian Cultural Center (PCC) is an amazing workplace due to the guests and most of your coworkers; however, the company itself needs some improvement. My entire 2 and half years at the PCC, I worked with the food services, and currently I am one of the assistant managers at Pounders Restaurant. There are good reviews of the restaurant and some guests come up to me thanking me for their experience or for our team to keep up the good work. I feel fulfilled every time I hear this.However, working in here can be really stressful, one the guests can be stressful and some are incredibly challenging, but that is only perhaps the 25% of the stress. Most comes from either coworkers, or management. My bosses are amazing people, but when the environment becomes stressful e.g. rush hour, they add to the stress making it much worse. Moreover, your coworkers can be a handful at times too; however, given that most coworkers are college students you need to cut them off some slack.
Pros
50% off on meals, coworkers are fun, management is friendly most of the time
Cons
management, coworkers, pay, hours
The mission drives the company
Luau Pineapple Sales (Former Employee) –  Laie, HISeptember 6, 2018
I worked at the Luau. A typical day at work is kind of like how I imagine Disneyland. You must wear a uniform and everyone has to look the same. When the workers show up, we set the tables up and have a prayer meeting. The prayer meeting includes a song, reading of the mission statement, someone pointing out what they learned from the mission statement, and a prayer. I loved starting out the work day in this structured way. I know it ended up helping the guests too.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I made. This was just a part-time college job so I did not get any benefits or anything, but it was perfect for where I was in life.
Pros
Free dinner if you work in the food and beverage departments, it's like working at Disneyland but in Hawaii
Cons
Paid minimum wage
lifetime of experiences
Warehouse Lead/Cook I & II (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIAugust 25, 2018
I started when I was in High School, they offered me an opportunity for me to work and support my family, I worked in varies departments and with a lot of different people.
Freaking loved it
MULTI-PURPOSE TOUR GUIDE-SPANISH (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIAugust 17, 2018
Literally the best place to work ever. I was the only blond male tour guide and it was sick to be a part of such a cultural place. Working there was a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Pros
Discounts. Awesome company culture
Cons
Sometimes it rains. Working in the rain sucks.
fun learning work place
aie, HI - waitress/busser (Former Employee) –  Laie, HawaiiAugust 14, 2018
This is such a fun job and you meet so many wonderful people from all over the world and form great relationships with co- workers and guest. We host sometimes up to 1000 guest so we have to be hard working and fast passed and work well with people and making sure your guest are happy at all times. You have to work well with all cultures and its so fun.
Pros
uniforms, good hours, food
Cons
short breaks
Fun & culturally enriching job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIAugust 9, 2018
Pay is minimum wage as a BYUH student and you're limited to 19 hrs/ a week, which isn't always ideal. But my managers were from Tonga & Tahiti & I had a pair of senior missionaries from Utah (the sweetest people ever!) and it was really fun to have them as my only coworkers. The work in the warehouse was sometimes tough & dirty but sometimes I would go hours without having much of a task to do. Overall a really wonderful job and I would highly recommend to any BYUH student!
Pros
Lots of free food! Management ROCKS
Cons
Sometimes tough work, minimum wage
Good student job
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJuly 10, 2018
The PCC is a good job for a student, which is what it was originally created for. No one should stay there longer than what they have to, it is tempting considering how fun it is to work there.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Doesn't pay a lot
Fun workplace with amazing people. Goo work ethics.
Senior Sales Asso (Former Employee) –  Honolulu County, HIJuly 2, 2018
Learned how to communicate effectively and gained a substantial amount of knowledge regarding the Pacific islands and their culture.The best part of my job is that I get to eat free food every night!
Great place to work with people from all over the world
Food and Beverage Area Worker (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJune 14, 2018
I loved working here because of all the different people and cultures I got to interact with. We all have one goal and that was to share the aloha spirit with all of our guests at the center
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
No breaks, hours on weekends and nights