POLYNESIAN CULTURAL CENTER Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

3.6Job Security & Advancement
The mission drives the company
Luau Pineapple Sales (Former Employee) –  Laie, HISeptember 6, 2018
I worked at the Luau. A typical day at work is kind of like how I imagine Disneyland. You must wear a uniform and everyone has to look the same. When the workers show up, we set the tables up and have a prayer meeting. The prayer meeting includes a song, reading of the mission statement, someone pointing out what they learned from the mission statement, and a prayer. I loved starting out the work day in this structured way. I know it ended up helping the guests too.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendships I made. This was just a part-time college job so I did not get any benefits or anything, but it was perfect for where I was in life.
Pros
Free dinner if you work in the food and beverage departments, it's like working at Disneyland but in Hawaii
Cons
Paid minimum wage
Fun workplace with amazing people. Goo work ethics.
Senior Sales Asso (Former Employee) –  Honolulu County, HIJuly 2, 2018
Learned how to communicate effectively and gained a substantial amount of knowledge regarding the Pacific islands and their culture.The best part of my job is that I get to eat free food every night!
Sales Representive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIFebruary 3, 2018
It was a fun place to work! My co-workers super friendly like my family and I loved working with tourists. Compares to other position in PCC, this position has a commission which is great!
Pros
commissions, diversity, fun place to work
Cons
low pay
Best job ever, super fun and exciting
Sales Guide (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIDecember 8, 2017
Awesome job, get to welcome and greet guests right when they arrive. Learned better communication skills. Learned to say hello in so many different languages. Fun working outdoors and wearing costumes. Awesome incentives commissions for every sale you make.
Great place to work and observe culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJune 4, 2013
A typical day on the job included opening up a register and helping guests out with cultural products that I sold in the stores. The workers there are super friendly and very knowledgeable about the products if I had any questions.

One of the hardest things that I experienced while working there was that management never gave me any real formal training, but it was rather on-the-job type training. Which I did not have a problem with, but made the learning curve a bit slower.