POLYNESIAN CULTURAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Great place to work with people from all over the world
Food and Beverage Area Worker (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJune 14, 2018
I loved working here because of all the different people and cultures I got to interact with. We all have one goal and that was to share the aloha spirit with all of our guests at the center
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
No breaks, hours on weekends and nights
Relaxed workplace suitable for students
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIMay 31, 2018
The PCC is a slow-paced workplace prioritizing international students when choosing employees. The company can work on more monetary compensations to the students.
Efficient work when employees showed up in time.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIMay 28, 2018
As it was in Hawaii sometimes employees wouldn’t show up on time and I was to cover the time they weren’t there. The management was nice and understanding.
Pros
Nice management, early evening out, plenty to organize.
Cons
Short lunch, late employees.
Great working here! It was fun working people from different background
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIMay 21, 2018
I have learned so many things while working in the PCC especially customer service and sales. I learned to be a competitive worker. Working people who come from different background help me to become more sociable, flexible and more helpful. I learned to appreciate different culture as well. The management is great. the most enjoyable in my part time job was working with diverse people who come from different backgrounds. I love working with them. It helps me to learned more skills and ideas. It was such a great and fun experience working.
Great experience and fun place to work
Cultural Liaison / Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIMay 18, 2018
It was a great environment to work at the Polynesian Cultural Center. The standards needed to obtain a job there was very high (self grooming, appearance, etc.), so you would always try your best to look the best and do the best for the guests that would come through the center. Co-workers were always exciting to be around and managers would strive to uplift all the workers spiritually.
Pros
Fun job, teaching others about my Hawaiian culture, loved dancing, made great life long friends
Cons
Pay was a lot less than deserved for the hard work that was put in.
Review
Tour Guide Coordinator - Spanish (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIApril 21, 2018
It is bad to work there because they don't care about the employees and pay is garbage. Do not work there if you can avoid it. Other places to work in laie are better
Fun workplace
Demo Guide (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIMarch 29, 2018
I worked in the Samoan Village. It was like just going to hangout with your friends. Everyone in the team got along and enjoyed working together. It was a fun environment and it helped us in many ways. It made it easier to communicate and share our culture through entertainments. When you have a bad day at school, work lifted you up and becomes the best part of your day.
Pros
No stress
Cons
N/a
Productive and exciting
Model and Photographer (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIMarch 24, 2018
To all who enjoys being an entertainer, working with people from all over the world this is the place for you. Never a dull moment when your serving tourists. Must be quick in handling a camera and moving quickly through lines of patrons. Working for the Polynesian Cultural Center will fill you with the Aloha Spirit.
Pros
Interacting with tourists
Cons
little hours
Productive and fun working place
Food Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Honolulu County, HIMarch 4, 2018
I learned many new skills as in how to manage a team of at least ten to run a functional luau. The most enjoyable part of my job was that i got to meet new people every day and that just made me happy.
Pros
free dinners
Cons
pay
Sales Representive
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIFebruary 3, 2018
It was a fun place to work! My co-workers super friendly like my family and I loved working with tourists. Compares to other position in PCC, this position has a commission which is great!
Pros
commissions, diversity, fun place to work
Cons
low pay
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJanuary 9, 2018
multicultural and unique place to work at. Being a tour guide there was one of the best jobs i've had. Always looked forward to going to work.n Met the most amazing co-workers and guests. Shared the Aloha spirit every day in every way.
Great work environment with great values
Multi-Purpose Tour Guide & then Sales Photographer (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJanuary 9, 2018
I loved my co-workers and the environment we worked in. They held high values and expected the workers to as well. Dealing with guests and customers from around the world can be difficult at times but also extremely rewarding! I learned a lot about other countries.
Wonderful working environment
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hukilau Marketplace Tenant ServicesJanuary 1, 2018
A great company to work with. Everyone tries to share the Aloha spirit that seems to engulf the entire workplace. It has a pretty diverse working environment. The company supports thousands of students from all over the asia and pacific.
Very fun place to work at
Waitress/ Server (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIDecember 18, 2017
I loved every minute of my time working here.I have learned so much from this company and i was able to make a lot of friends with my co workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet different people from all over the world.
Best job ever, super fun and exciting
Sales Guide (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIDecember 8, 2017
Awesome job, get to welcome and greet guests right when they arrive. Learned better communication skills. Learned to say hello in so many different languages. Fun working outdoors and wearing costumes. Awesome incentives commissions for every sale you make.
Fun
Polynesian Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIDecember 8, 2017
Working at the Polynesian cultural center was more of a stepping stone for me. It prepared me for my jobs in the future. After spending a lot of time working there I know what to expect with my future jobs.
Pretty diverse place to work.
Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Laie, HINovember 11, 2017
A pretty diverse place to work. I really love working at PCC. Hopefully, they're able to raise the pay though. Aside from that PCC is the best place to work.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Minimum pay
worked as an entertainer and tour guide
Tour Guide, Dancer (Former Employee) –  Laie, HINovember 10, 2017
BEST COLLEGE JOB EVER Lived and went to college at BYU-H and worked part time at the cultural center. Sang and danced in 2 shows and was paid to have fun while entertaining a huge number of guests eachday
Pros
So much fun
Cons
part tiem student job
The best working experience you can get
Japanese Section Lead (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIOctober 21, 2017
This place is the special place. If you really wanna feel what I meant, you probably should go to this place to observe and see how workers perform their work.
Biggest Drawback - Position Advancements/Pay Raise
Retail Sales-Sr. Lead (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIOctober 20, 2017
This company has a lot of departments and job positions for hire. There are positions in a few departments that do not allow one to advance in position or pay, preventing further progression and growth. (my personal opinion)

Annually there is a pay raise for every position and department but that's about it. The departments offering room for advance positioning are required to have you quit and re-apply for the higher position.