POLYNESIAN CULTURAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Biggest Drawback - Position Advancements/Pay Raise
Retail Sales-Sr. Lead (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIOctober 20, 2017
This company has a lot of departments and job positions for hire. There are positions in a few departments that do not allow one to advance in position or pay, preventing further progression and growth. (my personal opinion)

Annually there is a pay raise for every position and department but that's about it. The departments offering room for advance positioning are required to have you quit and re-apply for the higher position.
Fun place to work but not for lifetime job
Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIOctober 11, 2017
Poor management. You will surprise how poor management in PCC. Most of managers are relative or local people. They are not skillful, not professional at all. They use the students of Brigham Young University and take advantage of those poor international students.
Amazing work environment
DEMO GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIOctober 7, 2017
Polynesian Cultural Center will always be a home away from home. You get to meet new people, make new friends, it's always a fun place to be and to release stress because they have activities that can help you stress-free from school studies etc. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things and responsibilities every day. I would definitely recommend this job to a friend or family member.
Fun Place to work
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Laie, HISeptember 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at the PPC. I was able to meet with many people from all over the world as I was serving them. The pay was pretty low, but the job was fun.
A great place to start working
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Laie, HISeptember 18, 2017
Working at PCC is a great first job or even something to get your started until you can get on your own feet. They try to be strict with policies but are not very consistent. The turnover is aboht every 6-8 months, whenever a new semester starts. Something cool about working there is you get to meet all different kinds of people from all over the world every day. It really tests your people-skills and can definitely help you build and strengthen your communication skills. Working hours are really flexible. The people you work with can be the problem sometimes because theyre all college students from the mainland so they don't necessarily understand how things are done with aloha and how to respect elders. There are so many departments to work in, if you get bored of one job you can jump to the next withing the same company. Overall its something I would recommend to anyone and everyone.
Pros
Hours are pretty flexible, meet different people from all over the world everyday
Cons
Have to be full time to receive benefits
fun work place for part time position
CANOE GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIAugust 21, 2017
it all depends what you do at PCC
Over all, its fun and exciting most of times.
There are all different positons available to look for. so, pick what you like if there's opening for that position.
Cons
low pay, no benefit for part timers.
Cultural Company
Cook I, Stock Clerk, Custodian (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJuly 25, 2017
Its one of the biggest tourist attractions in Hawaii, its fast paced. You are constantly busy non stop. Here cultural is the biggest thing along with family. the management is wonderful helpful always there,
Enjoyable part is that you see family, friends and wonderful tourist.
Office Clerk
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJuly 1, 2017
My daily routine:

 Answered telephones and typed documents
 Manage files/folders and compiled records
 Kept track of employee hours and restaurant waste
 Received and completed work orders
 Acted as a receptionist or front desk officer when required
Superviseur en restauration
Superviseur en Restauration (Former Employee) –  Honolulu County, HIJune 29, 2017
Des centaines de clients venant des 4 coins du monde, opportunite d'apprendre des personnes de differentes cultures.
Slow paced
Sale Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJune 22, 2017
It was a good place to work only thing was the pay isn't very good. I would have to work over a cartain amount a hour just to have a good pay. The people are amazing to work with and the views are amazing.
Balanced Work Life
Accounts Payable Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIMay 18, 2017
As a full-time student I was able to work part-time and also be able to fully focus on my studies. The work environment is great with supervisors being very wholesome people.
Hawaii Work Life
Front Desk Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIMay 9, 2017
A typical day at work would be meeting and greeting people of all over the world and learning about there interesting cultures. I learned team work,being a team player is so important. I was lucky to work with the best management. I got to work with the most diverse group ever and it was the best experience i could ever get. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning about diverse cultures.
Pros
free meal and commission
Cons
short breaks
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIMarch 25, 2017
I loved working at the Polynesian Cultural Center! Everyday was enjoyable, and fulfilling. I learned how to work with lots of different types of people. The management was firm but kind, and fostered an environment of unity in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was learning to manage the stress of a busy workplace. The best part though was the support and encouragement I constantly received from my coworkers.
Customers
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIMarch 23, 2017
It is a great job because you get to meet people from everywhere in the world. There is a great esprit the corp at work. There are ways to advance in the company because they offer a lot of opportunities for others.
Pros
Cons
Cost of Living
A great place to serve and work at one of the most popular tourist attractions in Laie, Hawaii
Lighting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LaieMarch 5, 2017
My day to day job was involved in management sides, where I will always have to attend meetings with other supervisors and managers to discuss the day to day operations at the center on how we can best served our customers. I was also involved in recruiting and hiring workers, trained workers on a job on a daily basis. I was also in charged of making sure the night show performance in terms of lighting a success.
Pros
Flexibility of working schedule
Cons
Less insurance benefits
Productive and fun working place.
Student Security Officer - BYUH (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIFebruary 10, 2017
Polynesian culture center is a unique work environment. The spirit of aloha is every where. Make new friends, develop leadership skills, customer service, learn every day new culture life style.

Most importantly, working together as a team is the most key success of this work place.
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
19 hours week
A Prominent, Thriving, and Blessed Company
Supervisor-Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Laie, HIFebruary 8, 2017
The Polynesian Culture Center is a unique treasure created to share with the World, the cultures, diversitie, and the spirit of the Nations of Poynesia and it has certainly portrayed it's worth through billions of people that visited this special place.
I have learned every basic and neccessary tools and skills that is needed at any workfield. It has been a great blessing to be able to be taught, trained, and mentored by the best CEO's and Managers of the Polynesian Cultural Center.
Fun Place to work
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJanuary 30, 2017
Great people and environment to work in. I was fortunate to be apart of a great team lead by an awesome suoervisor that allowed me to have a balance between home and work.
Pros
Awesome team and Supervisor
Cons
Hours
Fun Job
Tour Guide and Security Personnel (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJanuary 14, 2017
I held two positions during my years at college and enjoyed interacting with clients visiting the Center. The company is fair and enjoyable. Highly recommend!
Fun environment
Dancer (Former Employee) –  Laie, HIJanuary 9, 2017
I learned the dances and would dance on the canoes during the canoe show. Greet the guests after the show and take pictures with them. It was in the middle of the day at the hottest time of day.